Monaco - Post Match thread.

Poor Poor performance from the team and manager as a collective, but as they say you must learn from your mistakes so hopefully all do.

We knew before this game we need strengthening in the summer in defence and keeper and this game just highlighted this even more so.

Issue last night though was the lack of protection again from the midfield.

Looked just like a Pelligrini team / performance.

What a shocking first half !!

Missed four good chances in second half.

You're wrong - and certainly don't speak for me.
Pep's had ONE window - the problems above relate to the Pelle & Mancine eras. But you blamed Pep in your earlier post & said he'd been found out. Give him some time like fans at other nearby clubs give their new managers
Mancini era ????

During the pre match interviews everyone was saying City had fielded a very attacking team, and the interviewer
asked him if he was going to attack, which I thought a stupid fucking question. At kick off, it became apparent
that the question was valid, City did anything but, slow lethargic and playing as if we're in the second leg against
Rotherham. So we field an attacking side, and play to defend.
Pelligrini, who many say was boring and predictable, won this club two trophies in his first season, one the jewel
in the crown of the Premier league, finishing his stint with another for the cabinet;, we have now employed
what everybody has said is the best manager in the world, and I'm extremely doubtful he will win us anything this year,
this after another big spend. Chelsea are in the semis of the FA, we may beat Arsenal, possibly, but does anyone
think we'll win this against Chelsea? I'm praying I'm wrong, but no sane betting man would lump the contents of his
wallet on Manchester City.

At the end of the day there are several players in that team last night who would struggle to get games for West Ham.

You don't win games like that in the Champions League when that happens.
Last night was poor from Guardiola and some individual players but it's been the work of the previous manager and Begiristain that sees the state of our squad that also contributed to us going out last night.

I sit there thinking that I used to dread it when Willy was in net but now I'm pleased to see him there; I used to think Kolarov couldn't defend at left back but now he's our best centre half. What's going on there? Five years ago I'd have pissed myself at the thought of that. We're still playing Sanga and Clichy at full back. It's not 2008 is it? Those two were made to look like they were playing for a veterans team against a full French side in a charity match last night.

Akiva - believe what you want but take the blue tinted glasses off you muppet.

Nah, I'm fine with being a biased City supporter, thanks.

Well said. Top response. Unlike some on here mate YOU are a BLUE who knows what he's talking about - understands football & doesn't have a stupid childish knee jerk reaction.

Thanks mate, it's mad we are going through the same things all over again. The media and rags slaughter Pep after every loss or draw and some of our lot are lining up to jump on the gang pile, it's sickening.

We are a club in transition. My father in law told me during our ten game win streak, when we were top of the league, that he'd already written this year off as a transitional year and expects nothing. I agree 100%. We've got a plethora of players coming to the end of their bloated elephant contracts and they'll be moved on even without other teams showing an interest. Meanwhile, it was always known that Pep's style takes time for even the best players to internalise as it's completely different and much more rigorous than regular hoof-ball. Prime Javier Mascherano said it took him over a season to fully adapt, imagine how long for older (and let's face it, less capable) players like Clichy, or Sagna?

The good times are coming, we will IMHO win a Champion's League under Pep, I'm willing to wait and keep supporting my club and the man they are backing to the hilt. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!

Quality players, particularly young ones, almost always aren't available in the January window.

Much like the rest of your post, this is a ridiculous overreaction. He's had a few poor games in a row now, but it's March and he has 10 assists (our best), 5 goals and makes 5 key passes leading to goal scoring opportunities per game, among the best in Europe.

Really? Well I watch games with my eyes on a pitch not on paper and I'm telling you regardless of the stats KDB has not performed this year anywhere near his best - first half last night is about the average Kevin we see.

We're second in the league, what the fuck are you talking about?

More by luck than judgment - watch our next few games and see us tumble down the league. Scousepool will muller us if we play like that.

Total bullshit, we didn't beat a top team last season at all and we've already managed it under Pep.

I didn't know beating fellow top 4 teams was a marker of a good side. Leicester must be doing well this year then?

He's made players like Silva and Sterling, who were horrendous last season, much, much better.

Has he?

lol nah. Pellers was around not that long ago, or have you forgotten how we limped to fourth on goal difference with some of the most shockingly drab performances we've seen post-take over?

Mancini had prime Aguero who wasn't missing sitters like he's been doing all season, but I'd still argue that Sane-Jesus-Sterling make for some of the most exciting football I've seen this side of Barcelona.

He's had one window and Txiki didn't get the people he wanted?

We've had 3 years of planning for this guy and no one mentioned improving our aging midget of a team? I though he watched all games and was fully up to speed when he got here? It certainly doesn't look like it now.

The club supports him, why don't you?

I do but when something needs addressing I'll address it. We've papered over the cracks since RM left and peps done nothing to address it other that bring in attacking players who are kids. We need players and we needed them 4 years ago.

I'm going to be starting the Guardiola song a lot on Sunday at the Etihad, just for you. <3

Sounds fun. Hope your balls drop so it's not too squeaky.

I refer you to my previous answer. It's still fuck off.

And you absolutely didn't come along 'nicely' to discuss anything after the 1st leg. You came to chat patronising shit about how poor you'd been and how under strength you'd been and how we'd underestimated you and all manner of other one eyed bollocks. If you truly believe a manager as meticulous in his research as Pep would not know how good a side that has scored 124 goals this season and beat Spurs home and away is, then you're an even bigger twat than I gave you credit for. Nobody wanted you on here then, nobody wants you on here now, and yet here you are. There's only reason for that and it's because you're a smug navel-gazing bellend with little real knowledge of the game, who just wants to give himself a little stiffy by wumming and crowing.
The truth is we handed you that game on a plate last night with the team selection and set up, and once we rectified that tactical abomination at half time, you spent the 2nd half on the rack just as you did at the Etihad. Sadly it was too little too late after that car crash of an opening 45.

Whatever enjoy your little wank whilst you can. Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Fabinho, they'll all be gone next season.

Now do as you were told last night and fuck off.

Top rant mate, he's been a prick from the off and should have been fucked off long ago, i'm not having he's french either, rag muppet imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.