Most overrated City player ever?

Nicky reid by a mile...Ran around and up and down like an athlete..Must have been a good trainer because as a footballer he was rubbish...
I quite liked Nicky as a midfield ball winner. Ok he was no Fernandinho but he did the job required. Now if you were to say Wilfried Bony you might have a point.

You mean the same Richard Dunne that kept us in the Prem numerous times and was player of the season, how many times?

Yep. Overrated as fuck!

Stephen Ireland for me. Elano made him look class.
Dunney monster was shit….makes me piss the rewriting of history.

He won POTY 4 times because of the utter garbage he had as competition. A solid heart on sleeve dependable (and likeable) player but you’re not being serious about him keeping us up? Ffs…..

He won POTY 4 times because of the utter garbage he had as competition. A solid heart on sleeve dependable (and likeable) player but you’re not being serious about him keeping us up? Ffs…..

Agree. It wasn't ability that won him the awards, it was his attitude. 100% given every game. Look at our Player of the Year history and you'd think he must have been incredible... :D

The utter garbage we had at the time was the reason people say Dunney kept us up.

You mean the same Richard Dunne that kept us in the Prem numerous times and was player of the season, how many times?

Yep. Overrated as fuck!

Stephen Ireland for me. Elano made him look class.
To be fair we were only under threat of relegation twice in those years (first season at CoMS with the Wanchope winner v Newcastle to keep us safe; that Pearce season with the Mpenza winner at Newcastle to keep us safe), other than that we were a steady midtable outfit. A lot of that down to Dunne (and Distin).

With Dunne and Distin we had the best defensive record in the league outside the Sky Four one season. Both were rocks at the back for us. Dunney was a cracking player and they were a good top-half partnership all day, while much of the rest of our squad wasn’t at their level.

Look at Villa when Dunne went there under O’Neill, they weren’t some shit bottom half side neither, he was a rock for them when they were getting into European spots.

If anything, I’d say Dunne was an underrated footballer outside the City fanbase. He was just a point of comedy for Rags because he scored a lot of own goals so they latched on to that in the long list of shit they used to throw at us for being shit… wankers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.