MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
For me there is something that is absolutely undeniable in Hansen's analysis: if Liverpool had scored four away from home, following a previous narrative of indifferent away form, to go second in the Premier League - one point behind the leaders - he wouldn't have found very much to be negative about.

It is entirely natural for players to favour the clubs where they spent the most enjoyable years of their careers. The fact that the BBC and Sky is crawling with ex-Liverpool players means that club will never receive the same levels of criticism as City, as long as that situation endures.

Yer right G, but Dippers and Rags are not the only ones who cough up for the licence. Every licence payer has a right to some kind of balance. And considering that we, the licence payers, are screwed through the nose every time he parks his arse on the sofa, I, for one, don't wish to spend anytime of my life listening to the BBC being rebranded and morphing into LiverpoolTV.

Pigeonho said:
For me there is something that is absolutely undeniable in Hansen's analysis: if Liverpool had scored four away from home, following a previous narrative of indifferent away form, to go second in the Premier League - one point behind the leaders - he wouldn't have found very much to be negative about.

It is entirely natural for players to favour the clubs where they spent the most enjoyable years of their careers. The fact that the BBC and Sky is crawling with ex-Liverpool players means that club will never receive the same levels of criticism as City, as long as that situation endures.
In 20 years time though those same shows will be littered with city players from this successful era we are enjoying, hopefully.
Possibly so, but I'm taking about here and now. Do you accept the point I make about Hansen?

Pigeonho said:

In 20 years time though those same shows will be littered with city players from this successful era we are enjoying, hopefully.
Possibly so, but I'm taking about here and now. Do you accept the point I make about Hansen?
Absolutely. I maintain though that he wasn't anything like as bad as some on here suggest he was last night.

Pigeonho said:
Pigeonho said:
Absolutely. I maintain though that he wasn't anything like as bad as some on here suggest he was last night.
No. That's fair comment too. I didn't think he was that bad in his analysis, some of the comments on here were a bit OTT, but his I did think his last comment, possibly when his guard was down, was quite telling: "I have to admit they're great to watch" (or some such words). It's a shame that admitting such a thing is a source of such discomfort to him and a form of words he would never use if discussing Liverpool or, in all probability, united imo.

Truly speechless. Hansen seemed to ignore the fact that Demichelis is a reserve centre back playing due to Nastasic's injury, BBC team of the day selections, Negredo's world pass, 4 away goals, YaYa's free kick masterclass....and Skrtel doing his level best to swap shirts before the final whistle.
I can understand ex players "going the other way" to deflect the allegation of bias eg. Quinn, but that was terrible.

Re-watched both matches and Hansen's comments and the clips he used to support them break down as :
City
Positive 5
Neutral 5
Negative 30

Liverpool
Positive 27
Neutral 0
Negative 2

Don't wanna go down the agenda route, but maybe we can borrow Spurs song for Sol Campbell for Thursday...... "Allllann Hansen, I wanna knoowowwww why you're such a cnut"

BBC complaints link....fill your boots boys.
<a class="postlink" href="https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor</a>

Was a strange appraisal from the dour one. A couple of valid points, but to concentrate solely on the negatives when the positives far outweighed them not only did ourselves a disservice but those watching who I'm sure would have enjoyed seeing Toure's delicious free kick in better detail and a passing nod to Negredo's ball to Milner.
It is what it is though. I find a big spliff and a glass of Merlot helps when watching..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.