MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had one clear cut chance that they scored, other than that it was all long range shots that Hart had well covered. Only a fluke of an own goal got them back into it. MOTD like to replay Fulham goals so it looks like a draw.

MOTD needs to take a leaf out of Goals On Sundays book, they are fair and do not seem to have an agenda for or against anybody, Kammy is a star

Jimmy Floyd is lost on Belgian football he should be in England somewhere

It's certainly annoying that Hansen produces such a bitter and twisted piece of analysis after a hard-fought win. I thought Silva was well below his brilliant best yesterday but Fulham had packed the midfield and he had little room or time to play.

You could certainly make the point that we didn't need to have so many players forward and leave so much space at the back when we were 2-0 up and quite comfortable but that's the way we play now. But to ignore some outstanding moments from us was needlessly petty. However it doesn't change the fact that we got three points and I'm happy that it keeps us below the radar.

Surely viewers of MOTD watch it for the football and not the fuckwit shitbags that interupt the action with their mundane ramblings...

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's certainly annoying that Hansen produces such a bitter and twisted piece of analysis after a hard-fought win. I thought Silva was well below his brilliant best yesterday but Fulham had packed the midfield and he had little room or time to play.

You could certainly make the point that we didn't need to have so many players forward and leave so much space at the back when we were 2-0 up and quite comfortable but that's the way we play now. But to ignore some outstanding moments from us was needlessly petty. However it doesn't change the fact that we got three points and I'm happy that it keeps us below the radar.
I'm not sure if City are under the radar. But better in a way not to receive all the plaudits as it leads to complacency

Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".

samharris said:
Surely viewers of MOTD watch it for the football and not the fuckwit shitbags that interupt the action with their mundane ramblings...

But that's the way the BBC have gone. The performers are more important than the programmes. Just look at how much the fuckers pay themselves and how much they wheelbarrow away when they gloriously fuck up.

The news these days is read by wannabe Shakespearian actors. Just read the news yer silly cow and keep yer head and face straight. Oh, and did anyone spot the trailer for Dr. Who on one of the news broadcasts?

samharris said:
I watch it just for Linekar's brilliantly crafted puns and the beautiful insights of Shearer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQarImZ97Y[/youtube]

Marvin said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm not sure if City are under the radar. But better in a way not to receive all the plaudits as it leads to complacency
I really meant that I'm happy if people watching that underestimate us, including other teams. But it should also help to eliminate any complacency and perhaps give us an extra incentive to improve.

bluemurray said:
Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".
Criticism wasn't really balanced though was it when one of the moments of the season - Negredo's pass to Milner - was overlooked.

I don't mind Hansen criticising, but he should be a) balanced, and b) accurate. The weakness in our defensive play was not Demichelis but Clichy playing at right back. And for me the biggest weakness in our game wasn't even in our defensive play. It was just lazy journalism and I think motivated by the next fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.