MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemurray said:
Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".
Besides the City are a joy to watch part,I think the complete opposite too this post !

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
samharris said:
Surely viewers of MOTD watch it for the football and not the fuckwit shitbags that interupt the action with their mundane ramblings...

But that's the way the BBC have gone. The performers are more important than the programmes. Just look at how much the fuckers pay themselves and how much they wheelbarrow away when they gloriously fuck up.

The news these days is read by wannabe Shakespearian actors. Just read the news yer silly cow and keep yer head and face straight. Oh, and did anyone spot the trailer for Dr. Who on one of the news broadcasts?

well lets hope that Hansens ramblings are the perfect team talk for us come thursday..

MOTD suffers with the same problem as most football shows, radio shows, paper/magazine articles. Once one idea is mooted its just regurgitated over and over even when its of little relevance anymore.

Yesterday was a great chance for them to be one step ahead of the game, they could have pointed out that we have won 4 and drawn 1 of our last 5 away games, instead they continue to bemoan or "away form". We cant outscore teams away from home claims Hansen? When we were perceived to be more solid and capable of grinding out away wins under Mancini, our away performances were sometimes dire. Fulham for example; we scraped a win last year, beat them by 2 clear goals this year.

To be fair to them, Linekar did point out that we were pretty irresistable going forward. However, I thought they'd have made a bigger deal of Hart returning, made a really crucial save from Taraabt at 0-0.

Hansen really is clueless I can't wait for him to vanish from our screens. He was so busy sucking Suarez off in the Liverpool "analysis" that he forgot to point out Sterling was offside for the 2nd goal.

His David Coleman Impression was about as flat as his forehead, "one-nil".

gordondaviesmoustache said:
For me there is something that is absolutely undeniable in Hansen's analysis: if Liverpool had scored four away from home, following a previous narrative of indifferent away form, to go second in the Premier League - one point behind the leaders - he wouldn't have found very much to be negative about.

It is entirely natural for players to favour the clubs where they spent the most enjoyable years of their careers. The fact that the BBC and Sky is crawling with ex-Liverpool players means that club will never receive the same levels of criticism as City, as long as that situation endures.
Iirc gdm you did a pretty good summary of Hansen a while ago
Abt him not coming to terms with the city today and the one he faced in his playing days,where they turned up & dismantled us on a regularly basis.
There is no two ways abt it he fucking hates us.

Not strictly MOTD related but I had final score on while watching a stream of our game yesterday.

I cant remember the game, but they went to this reporter for an update, he said the way the teams had lined up and the lack of adventure shown by both teams meant the game he was covering had 0-0 written all over it, no sooner had he finished, than someone scored.

Later on they went to a reporter covering the west brom game, he was seriously happy to see Ben Foster return and began to state how he could hit some real form and dislodge joe hart in time for the world cup, again... no sooner had he finished his sentence than he had to report how hull had taken the lead by slipping the ball thru ben fosters legs.

It amazes me the amount of people employed around the country to watch and voice an opinion on football, 99% of which have no clue whatsover about the game in general or the game their supposed to be fucking watching.

The cookie monster said:
For me there is something that is absolutely undeniable in Hansen's analysis: if Liverpool had scored four away from home, following a previous narrative of indifferent away form, to go second in the Premier League - one point behind the leaders - he wouldn't have found very much to be negative about.

It is entirely natural for players to favour the clubs where they spent the most enjoyable years of their careers. The fact that the BBC and Sky is crawling with ex-Liverpool players means that club will never receive the same levels of criticism as City, as long as that situation endures.
Abt him not coming to terms with the city today and the one he faced in his playing days
I did. Thanks for remembering TCM!

He would have been to Maine Road several times as a player as part of those routine spankings we used to get in the late 70's and 80's from Liverpool (Clive Wilson in '85 apart) so he must find the current place that Liverpool and City find themselves in the footballing food-chain to be more than a little bewildering. That would explain the undercurrent of bile when talking about us. We've effectively taken Liverpool's place at the top table.

The cookie monster said:

Abt him not coming to terms with the city today and the one he faced in his playing days,where they turned up & dismantled us on a regularly basis.

Has he done his 'autobiography' yet? I fancy we might get a paragraph from twenty five years ago that will explain his negativity. He might throw in the odd positive but if he didn't he would be the complete bitter! Mind his face does suggest he has a bucket o' lemons behind the sofa.

With a big game coming up against his old team, i'm not surprised he didn't talk us up.

Without Kompany no title

Found lacking defensively

Well with Komps out injured for half of the games so far, a below par first choice keeper and both right backs injured we have the same amount of clean sheets as Arse, 1 clean sheet more than his beloved misery merchants and 2 more than the Trafford cunts.

Screenshot_2013-12-22112624_zpseb11416c.jpg
[/URL][/img]

bluemurray said:
Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".
People are complaining about the things they neglected to mention, not necessarily the things they did. Had they balanced (when I say "they" I mean Buzz Killington) things by allowing a 2 minute segment on Toures exceptional free kick or even a 20 second nod to Negrado's audacious outside of the foot 35 yard crossfield ball on a plate to Milner then it'd be a fair assessment.
Luckily shit like that doesn't concern me too much, we've come a long way in a short space of time and in doing so have managed to put the noses of a few people out of joint. Especially those who follow any of the traditional top 4.
As long as we continue to pick up the points then all is good in the world.

Our last 5 away games: won 4 drawn 1. Scored 14, conceded 8.
Unless this form improves we'd better forget about winning anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.