MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
holeinone said:
Sky Blue said:
holeinone said:
Beating Bayern was great but after the first 20 minutes they had us well and truly in their hands, i could see that but obviously you couldn't, but that was not slagging them off, having a go at them for the way they beat Arsenal would have been slagging them off.

So a game lasts for 20 minutes does it?....Only an absolute prize div would expect us to go to Munich and dominate throughout....You had a right fucking go after one of our best results in recent years.

I know your game and not convinced you are a blue.

Now i have been a City fan for over fifty years, i have seen us win a trophy in Europe i have seen us in the third division, so i have seen us in good times and in bad, and just because i am not taken in by the fact that Bayern were taking us apart, and we then turned it around quicker than Usain Bolt leaving the blocks, does not make me any less a City fan, if we beat them in an important game i will be delighted, but if we play like we did in them first 20 minutes against them again, then yes the game will last 20 minutes.
Don't worry mate, I'm sure you're a blue. I've been sat next to loads of miserable bastards down the years who don't seem to enjoy the experience of following City very much.

I know for a fact that when the day we won the league , that the pundits were gutted . The people who worked there were mostly blues and rubbed it in . Lee Dixson was supposed to be in the studio that day but he turned his phone off and came out celebrating

gordondaviesmoustache said:
holeinone said:
Sky Blue said:
So a game lasts for 20 minutes does it?....Only an absolute prize div would expect us to go to Munich and dominate throughout....You had a right fucking go after one of our best results in recent years.

Now i have been a City fan for over fifty years, i have seen us win a trophy in Europe i have seen us in the third division, so i have seen us in good times and in bad, and just because i am not taken in by the fact that Bayern were taking us apart, and we then turned it around quicker than Usain Bolt leaving the blocks, does not make me any less a City fan, if we beat them in an important game i will be delighted, but if we play like we did in them first 20 minutes against them again, then yes the game will last 20 minutes.
Don't worry mate, I'm sure you're a blue. I've been sat next to loads of miserable bastards down the years who don't seem to enjoy the experience of following City very much.

subtle as a punch in the face you.. ;)

Thenumber1blue said:
holeinone said:
Sky Blue said:

And the next 70 minutes,we had them by the fuckin balls.I wonder what their manager was thinkin,can you imagine being taken apart for 70 minutes,on your own patch,when you are considered the best.Especially by someones second string.

You are correct in them 70 minutes we were totally the boss of the game and rightfully won the game, but this was not a straight knockout game, so my question at the time was, at 2-0 did they think thats it we will win the group now, or did they think we will get as many goals as we can, i was taking into consideration who we were playing, and the way we all stood in the group, lets not for get they played us on our own ground and played us off the park earlier in the comp, i was not under the impression that to be a City fan you had to wear blue glasses, if Bayern was playing any other team that night, we would have said "they got lucky Bayern stood off them" but because it's us, we were fantastic, we completely battered them, i didn't see it that way and said so, if people can't take a different answer to what they want to here then they shouldn't ask the question.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Len Rum said:
Just finished watching the Swansea Everton game . Everton's defence was rocking a bit at the end and Distin made two errors that could have led to Swansea scoring. Could be worth a closer analysis of that on MOTD, maybe a DeMichelis type analysis on Distin. I'm sure Everton won't get too much praise for that narrow win which took them into the top four. After all we won away by two clear goals yesterday and went second and received a very critical appraisal.

EFC will get a decent shout on MotD: Martinez going back (fifth time apparently and the first he has won), Ross B who plays for England, and there is no pluckier side at the top than EFC cos they ain't spent the money we have and are doing football the right, proper and BBC way!
Spot on mate. And therein lies one part of the 'agenda'. We spent big money and therefore don't deserve success. Hence we get negative media coverage. Everton (or whoever the latest flavour of the month is) have 'earned' it and consequently receive unqualified praise.
The other part of the agenda is of course dictated by profit. The media are not going to be too critical of clubs who are responsible for generating (directly and indirectly) a large part of their revenues.

Didsbury Dave said:
....That's not to say we don't get some rubbish coverage or rubbish decisions or rubbish luck. We do. But so do all the other clubs. Go and have a play around. Do a few googles, maybe start with 'media bias against' and then insert a club's name. All forums are the same. United think everyone hates them and loves them losing.

Well, that's not paranoia - that's the truth. Not sure it's true of the media though.

holeinone said:
Thenumber1blue said:
holeinone said:
And the next 70 minutes,we had them by the fuckin balls.I wonder what their manager was thinkin,can you imagine being taken apart for 70 minutes,on your own patch,when you are considered the best.Especially by someones second string.

You are correct in them 70 minutes we were totally the boss of the game and rightfully won the game, but this was not a straight knockout game, so my question at the time was, at 2-0 did they think thats it we will win the group now, or did they think we will get as many goals as we can, i was taking into consideration who we were playing, and the way we all stood in the group, lets not for get they played us on our own ground and played us off the park earlier in the comp, i was not under the impression that to be a City fan you had to wear blue glasses, if Bayern was playing any other team that night, we would have said "they got lucky Bayern stood off them" but because it's us, we were fantastic, we completely battered them, i didn't see it that way and said so, if people can't take a different answer to what they want to here then they shouldn't ask the question.

Nah, not me, mate. To go to the yard of the best team in the world and stand like a deer in the head lights for 10-12 minutes, and then fight our way back into the game, get a goal back and go on to boss proceedings from there...? That's an achievement I would recognise no matter who'd done it (expecting United of course)

Lucky Toma said:
Amidst all this bickering his closing remark has been forgotten. That he "has to admit" at times we're brilliant to watch.
It was a brief throw away remark prompted by Gary Lineker made at the end of the match review and in no way balanced out the very detailed and lengthy analysis of our defensive frailties that preceded it.

Didsbury Dave said:
Len Rum said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Nah mate. You wise up. I've heard it all on here for years, long before the money came in. Sky hate us, MOTD hate us, the MEN hate us, the referees hate us, the papers hate us, platini hates us, the commentators hate is, the FA hate us, FIFA, UEFA, the lot. Before the money the narrative was 'they all love the big four'. Now it's 'they're all jealous' Or 'Theyre all pandering to the rags'or the lunacy of 'we disrupted the cosy big four and they hate it'. Think about that line and what it means. And what utter fucking daft fan tripe it really is. It means nothing and is nothing but sheer delusion. Why would anyone with a career in the sport of football want a league that is the same every year? Apart from the 0.1% who work for the ones who win it, of course...

We get some shit press, and hansen's analysis was mainly crap. Bit the rampant 'they all hate us being good' paranoia is bullshit. That's not to say we don't get some rubbish coverage or rubbish decisions or rubbish luck. We do. But so do all the other clubs. Go and have a play around. Do a few googles, maybe start with 'media bias against' and then insert a club's name. All forums are the same. United think everyone hates them and loves them losing. Liverpool think everyone hates them and loves united. Everton think everyone is pro Liverpool. Chelsea think everyone's jealous of the money. Most of the other premier league clubs think the media fawn over the big 4/5/6 (delete as appropriate), most of the lower division clubs think the media ignore them or patronise them. When you get down to the conference they are all furious that some papers don't even mention them.

And so it goes, round and round, blah blah fucking blah. The endless circle of paranoia.

The vast majority of these people are in no position to make any kind of objective stance on whether their club is hard done to or not, because the only club which they pay any attention to is their own. And so the default human-nature setting is the bunker mentality one.
We'll never agree.
But there is a big flaw in your argument. You state that all clubs/fans are paranoid and believe there is an agenda against their club . From that you deduce that this must mean that there isn't an agenda against any club. That doesn't compute.

Well what an incredible and terrible quirk of fate it is that you, Len rum of bluemoon, chose the one club that there is an 'agenda' against.
I never said there was only one club ( in this case City) that had an "agenda" against it.
Sorry for pointing out the flaw in your argument. Realise it must be a bit of a bummer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.