Mourinho quitting? (merged)

Re: Mou ready to quit?

inchy14 said:
blue order said:
I know a lot think he will be the next Rag manager but I think he'll end up at Liverpool especially if he leaves Madrid in the summer.

1. I think Liverpool would want him more than the Rags.

2. Dalglish isn't cutting the mustard anymore and living off his reputation is well past it's sell by date.

3. They are 'world famous' enough to be attractive to JM.

4. He will see it as a better bet than Rags. No Ferguson shadow to live in or act to follow and he can only improve Liverpool / win them the title again after so long which is more in his psyche.

The above assumes he will get enough to spend to make it a viable proposition in the most competitive league in the world.

He'd also have Steve Clarke as his number 2 again, Mourinho aknowledges how good he is and i've alluded to this before on here. Always thought Dalgleish is a short term stopgap.

He's already contacted someone as i've alluded to before about being his number 2 on his return and it isn't Steve Clarke.

Re: Mourinho ready to quit?

There was one more quote at the end but ss1 show took it down to quick. Mourihno said something like "oh so we just ignore the manager now then" i think.

I know worse happens but it seems to be piling up at Real.

#Mourinho (talking to Ramos, in front of all the team, technicals & utility teams): “You killed me in the mixed zone”

Sergio Ramos: “No, Mister you’ve heard only what the press are saying not what we’re saying”

Mourinho: of course, because you Spanish were the champions of the world and your friends in the press protect you as well as the goalkeeper (Iker Casillas)”

Casillas (hears from far and shouts): “Mister, here we say things in the face, eh”

Mourinho (To Ramos): “Where were you in the first goal (scored by Puyol), Sergio?

Sergio Ramos: “Marking Pique”

Mourinho: “You should have marked Puyol!”

Sergio Ramos: “Yes, but I was watching Pique, and we decided to change positions”

Mourinho: “What happened are you planning to be a coach now?”

Sergio Ramos: “No but depending on the situations of the match, there are times where we need to change positions. And because you never wore shorts (Never played football) you don’t know that these situations happen.”

Re: Mou ready to quit?

Danamy said:
He's already contacted someone as i've alluded to before about being his number 2 on his return and it isn't Steve Clarke.

Wasn't his number 2 at Chelski Baltemar Brito?

TCIB said:
There was one more quote at the end but ss1 show took it down to quick. Mourihno said something like "oh so we just ignore the manager now then" i think.

I know worse happens but it seems to be piling up at Real.

#Mourinho (talking to Ramos, in front of all the team, technicals & utility teams): “You killed me in the mixed zone”

Sergio Ramos: “No, Mister you’ve heard only what the press are saying not what we’re saying”

Mourinho: of course, because you Spanish were the champions of the world and your friends in the press protect you as well as the goalkeeper (Iker Casillas)”

Casillas (hears from far and shouts): “Mister, here we say things in the face, eh”

Mourinho (To Ramos): “Where were you in the first goal (scored by Puyol), Sergio?

Sergio Ramos: “Marking Pique”

Mourinho: “You should have marked Puyol!”

Sergio Ramos: “Yes, but I was watching Pique, and we decided to change positions”

Mourinho: “What happened are you planning to be a coach now?”

Sergio Ramos: “No but depending on the situations of the match, there are times where we need to change positions. And because you never wore shorts (Never played football) you don’t know that these situations happen.”

That last quote from Ramos is so pig headed its unreal. Mourinho has won more in club football than Ramos has lead 3 different teams in 3 different nations to the league and that gob shite has the nerve to question him. Fuck me Alan Ball was a World Cup manager but dear god he was an awful manager

i would rather put glass in my eyes ,than watch a team of his looking for 1 nils

Can we just put to bed some Mourinho myths.

MYTH No.1

Mourinho teams play boring unwatchable football, grinding out 1-0.

Madrid play some of the most exciting, fast and free flowing high scoring football in the world, since he arrived. Their counter attacking is phenomenal and the Madrid team is 2nd only to Barcelona. His inability to beat Barca atm doesn't change this. In ALL other matches against any opponents they score at will and crush them. In fact when he was going to Madrid, many if not most people thought he wouldn't be able to produce the type of attacking play their fans crave, not only did he produce it, but he has produced far more of it that any of the previous managers of Madrid over the last several years, inlcuding a few managers that largely had many of the same attacking players. Furthermore, the football Chelsea played under him was some of the most devastating attacking exciting football in the premier league era. Do you remember Duff and Robben flying down the wings? You remember all his bold half time subs and no hesitation to change things up? There was nothing boring on or off the field about Mourinho's time at Chelsea. Even with Inter they played some good football. Just because he like organization, is tactically and defensively sound, and can deploy defensive tactics when he needs to, doesn't mean he plays boring football, the facts simply don't support this. Yes, at Porto he played far more tactial football in Europe, but he had a relatively (in comparison to the top dogs) inexpensive squad of players who at the time were not world beaters, so he did what he had to do. Which resulted in him beating the Rags to win the CL with FC Porto.

Anyway, Mourinho's team playing boring football is a lazy, dishonest myth......

MYTH No.2

Mourinho needs a club who have lots of money to succeed.

FC Porto

His accomplishments at Porto pour water on the argument that he can't win without money. He did not spend very much money and had no top quality players besides Deco most players were average at very best but Jose still beat big clubs including Man U on his way. He certainly didn't buy his first treble (CL, Portugal league and cup) with Porto.

Inter Milan

What he achieved with Inter with the treble was managerial brilliance.

The key players of that side he brought in: Eto'o, Lucio, Sniejder, Motta & Diego Milito.

Milito - bought from Genoa as a 30 year old journeyman, good player, but never considered one of the most feared strikers in world football when bought. He (and Motta) was bought by Mourinho exchanging a bunch of fringe players inlcuding names like Robert Acquafresca, Riccardo Meggiorini, Leonardo Bonucci.......exactly, who?

Motta - Part of the Milito deal from Genoa, so was also bought as an unwanted journeyman for next two nothing (a bunch of nobodies)

Sneijder - A Real Madrid castoff, was unwanted and snapped up by Mourinho for 13mil, that's right 13mil and he became the lynchpin of their treble winning team, one of the best players at the world cup after, and one of the highest rated midfielder in the world.

Lucio - Signed as a 31 year old cast off from Bayern bought cheaply.

Eto'o - quite possibly the best and worst transfer in the history of modern top flight football. Mourinho somehow convinced Guardiola to take the disruptive Zlatan off his hands for his 30 goal, multiple assist a season, and always big game player Eto'o. Not only did he convince Guardiola to do so, but Barca paid some 40Mil to effectively downgrade.

The money got from Eto'o means Mourinho in all likelihood won the treble (knocking Barca out along the way) while operating at or near a net profit in transfers at Inter! And his signings were otherwise cheap, and unwanted by their clubs, and thus available to anyone if they wanted them, and all became key players in his success there, and otherwise he got the most out of an aging inter side.

I know facts like these (along with Porto) are inconvenient to those who say he only wins by spending ridiculous money. His moves at Inter were shrewd, affordable and ultimatley very effective.

Real Madrid

At Real he's bought Altintop, Coentrao, Sahin, Callejon, Carvalho for a combined under £50m. All the rest were already there, and were signed by Real Madrid President Floretino Perez.

Chelsea

Of course at Chelsea he spent a lot of money but that was what he was hired to do and what Abramovich wanted. His remit was to buy world class, top priced players and turn the club into Title and Trophy winning machine overnight. In the same was as we are proceeding.

@ITK Its not so much that he needs unlimited funds to succeed (even at Chelsea a lot of our best signings were made by Ranieri), its that he wants flexibility to do what he wants to do to build a "Mourinho team." He doesn't have to work under the conditions he did at Porto because back then he was proving his colours. To me that rules a lot of clubs out as his next destination.

intheknow! said:
Can we just put to bed some Mourinho myths.

MYTH No.1

Mourinho teams play boring unwatchable football, grinding out 1-0.

Madrid play some of the most exciting, fast and free flowing high scoring football in the world, since he arrived. Their counter attacking is phenomenal and the Madrid team is 2nd only to Barcelona. His inability to beat Barca atm doesn't change this. In ALL other matches against any opponents they score at will and crush them. In fact when he was going to Madrid, many if not most people thought he wouldn't be able to produce the type of attacking play their fans crave, not only did he produce it, but he has produced far more of it that any of the previous managers of Madrid over the last several years, inlcuding a few managers that largely had many of the same attacking players. Furthermore, the football Chelsea played under him was some of the most devastating attacking exciting football in the premier league era. Do you remember Duff and Robben flying down the wings? You remember all his bold half time subs and no hesitation to change things up? There was nothing boring on or off the field about Mourinho's time at Chelsea. Even with Inter they played some good football. Just because he like organization, is tactically and defensively sound, and can deploy defensive tactics when he needs to, doesn't mean he plays boring football, the facts simply don't support this. Yes, at Porto he played far more tactial football in Europe, but he had a relatively (in comparison to the top dogs) inexpensive squad of players who at the time were not world beaters, so he did what he had to do. Which resulted in him beating the Rags to win the CL with FC Porto.

Anyway, Mourinho's team playing boring football is a lazy, dishonest myth......

MYTH No.2

Mourinho needs a club who have lots of money to succeed.

FC Porto

His accomplishments at Porto pour water on the argument that he can't win without money. He did not spend very much money and had no top quality players besides Deco most players were average at very best but Jose still beat big clubs including Man U on his way. He certainly didn't buy his first treble (CL, Portugal league and cup) with Porto.

Inter Milan

What he achieved with Inter with the treble was managerial brilliance.

The key players of that side he brought in: Eto'o, Lucio, Sniejder, Motta & Diego Milito.

Milito - bought from Genoa as a 30 year old journeyman, good player, but never considered one of the most feared strikers in world football when bought. He (and Motta) was bought by Mourinho exchanging a bunch of fringe players inlcuding names like Robert Acquafresca, Riccardo Meggiorini, Leonardo Bonucci.......exactly, who?

Motta - Part of the Milito deal from Genoa, so was also bought as an unwanted journeyman for next two nothing (a bunch of nobodies)

Sneijder - A Real Madrid castoff, was unwanted and snapped up by Mourinho for 13mil, that's right 13mil and he became the lynchpin of their treble winning team, one of the best players at the world cup after, and one of the highest rated midfielder in the world.

Lucio - Signed as a 31 year old cast off from Bayern bought cheaply.

Eto'o - quite possibly the best and worst transfer in the history of modern top flight football. Mourinho somehow convinced Guardiola to take the disruptive Zlatan off his hands for his 30 goal, multiple assist a season, and always big game player Eto'o. Not only did he convince Guardiola to do so, but Barca paid some 40Mil to effectively downgrade.

The money got from Eto'o means Mourinho in all likelihood won the treble (knocking Barca out along the way) while operating at or near a net profit in transfers at Inter! And his signings were otherwise cheap, and unwanted by their clubs, and thus available to anyone if they wanted them, and all became key players in his success there, and otherwise he got the most out of an aging inter side.

I know facts like these (along with Porto) are inconvenient to those who say he only wins by spending ridiculous money. His moves at Inter were shrewd, affordable and ultimatley very effective.

Real Madrid

At Real he's bought Altintop, Coentrao, Sahin, Callejon, Carvalho for a combined under £50m. All the rest were already there, and were signed by Real Madrid President Floretino Perez.

Chelsea

Of course at Chelsea he spent a lot of money but that was what he was hired to do and what Abramovich wanted. His remit was to buy world class, top priced players and turn the club into Title and Trophy winning machine overnight. In the same was as we are proceeding.

almost everything you wrote is wrong.

you really should change your username in "outoftheknow!!!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.