Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

tommo74 said:
Let's have it right napoli are in the champ league for the first time in how long? So surely a learning curve for them as well, looks like they learnt quicker than us, spuds last year made quarters first time in comp, so new boys finding our feet is feeble excuse
Except spuds played in a united type group not a group of death.

BLUEMATT23 said:
BL2blue said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Awful performance, BM Got the team disastrously wrong yet again.
Kolarov's the worst full back i've ever seen and Dzeko is the definition of a Cart Horse when he plays in Europe and why does he leave it so late to change the team and bring the subs on FFS!!

For the investment in the squad it's been an awful Champions League campaign and now we have to face the Thursday Night Cup which could jeopardise the League campaign and leave us with nothing at the end of the season.

You can't have been watching us for too long if Kolarov's the worst full back you've ever seen, although I admit he was poor tonight.

I know yours is a knee-jerk reaction and we're not used to losing these days but really some need to get a grip.

We're not out of it yet and deserved a draw today. The team selction suggests where Mancini's priority lies and I totally agree with him as we're not ready to win the CL yet but we can win the Prem. In fact if we do go out in the group stages the rest of the league may as well give up.

I am disappointed but I think the premiership is the main target for this season and to learn as much as we can in Europe for future seasons.

Other teams may as well give up? how do you work that one out if we are in the Europa League??. Surely the other teams would see that as an advantage particularly as United/Chelsea will play their league games in all likelihood before our game.

Der because we won't play any of our 1st team in the Europa and will take it alot less lightly than CL.

Hope all the blues out there have a safe night!

I love Zaba but Richards should of played this game and saved Zab for Liverpool.

Napoli are a really good team and got tactics perfect they had some really clear cut chances.

Proud of the team they gave it all out there, we can still do this, stanger things have happened. If not, fuck it lets try and win the Europa that would be fantastic.

City till I die.

BELIEVE

Cityfan said:
Frozen Fire said:
They completely outplayed us 1st half...what game were you watching? Should never have been in with a shout at half time.
Didn't see anyone completely outplay us. Cavani was on fire infront of a home crowd. They were tough opponents.

We certainly were not at our best and probably didn't deserve to win but I never saw the heads drop or any lack of effort or anyone outplaying us.
We will play worse and win matches. Dissapointed to go out as it looks like we will but in a group of that quality it is not a big suprise.

^^^^ only thing i`d add is we gave the ball away very easilty tonight

Marvin said:
grim up north said:
Would nt like to be in the trenches with 98% of the posters on this thread what a bunch of spineless bastards. Clueless
Always the same after a defeat.

Yes, been waiting for a defeat to bring the doom merchants out. Some of the knee jerk reactions to out first defeat in 10 matches are pathetic

I was hoping to log in and find some refreshingly un-kneejerk analysis

But then I remembered this was Blue Moan

We finished 3rd last season, we shouldn't even be in the comp. Lets knuckle down in the league and see if we can qualify for next year's as champions

dw7 said:
jimharri said:
Once again, a weird team selection in Europe. Everyone knew we needed/wanted a win tonight but for some reason Bob decided to rest our first choice full backs. Now I understand the need for rotation but surely the opportunity was there on saturday to rest Micah and Gael against a limited (in terms of attacking prowess) Newcastle side. They could then have played tonight and, after 4 days rest, again on sunday before resting them next week at the Emirates. They would have offered a more attacking threat than either AK or Zab did tonight. And, had they helped us to a win tonight, they could have been rested for the final group game against Bayern. Also, why didn't Sergio come on until the last 10 minutes? Everyone could see that Ed was having a 'mare (indeed Mario wasn't that much better). Ah well; there's always next year.

:-(
One of the reason he's was sacked by inter for being shit in Europe and too date city have been shit as well under him

to not too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.