Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

i think this one has to be blamed on the team selection. im not a big manchini fan although whilst he has got us at the top of the leauge i can hardly complain but i feel some of his desicions are suspect.

I respect the fact he likes to rotate players to keep them fresh but playin zab n kolarov in a almost must win game was a poor decision. richards and clichy are much more solid in my books and wouldnt have been caught flat footed half as many times.

also dzeko n ballotelli wasnt working all that well so i think he should have changed it earlier keeping agurero on the bench till the 80th min was plane stupid.

passing wasnt up to scratch in mid field for once. partly down to napolis great closing down game, they put alot of pressure on us. i just feel that if there wasnt so many changes to our back 4 we may have nicked it.

A word on rotation - Napoli have been resting no one lately, their Three Tenors (Cavani, Lavezzi, Hamsik) have been playing constantly (think Hamsik started one game on the bench) and did any of them look tired today? I know it isn't feasible to have players play every game all season but like, I feel fit players like Clichy and Richards could handle three games in a week, then they could be rested in the following game and so on.

I love Zaba but he offers about 20% of what Micah does going forward - he is a squad player and good defensively but not the attacking full-back we rely on a lot as part of our system. Kolarov can attack some but defensively he isn't much better than Wayne Bridge if we're brutally honest... the amount of basic errors he made tonight was shocking.

danebanksheik said:
tommo74 said:
Let's have it right napoli are in the champ league for the first time in how long? So surely a learning curve for them as well, looks like they learnt quicker than us, spuds last year made quarters first time in comp, so new boys finding our feet is feeble excuse
Except spuds played in a united type group not a group of death.

Napoli unbeaten at home in Europe for 17 years

Some unrealsitic expectations perhaps

CTID101 said:
Mancini got it wrong tonight . He likes to rotate the team but for one of your biggest games ever we have to play our best 11, Clichy and Richards would have been able to both cope with the pace that Lavezzi and Hamsik offer as well as going forward stretching their 3 man defence.

Dzeko looked terrible tonight so we take him off and Aguero can come on, if it doesnt work well at least you tried instead of waiting for the final 10mins.

Milner and Hart did well but they cant win games by themselves.

Really annoyed and would rather just get kicked out now rather than go in Europa which is such a awful competition.[/quote

]

First time I`ve had a go at Bobby Manc but I have to agree with you on all points.
Also Yaya was piss poor tonight.Thought he gave a lot of balls away in the first half against Newcastle,but he appeared to do it for most of the match tonight.
Just one of those to forget,hopefully.

LoveCity said:
A word on rotation - Napoli have been resting no one lately, their Three Tenors (Cavani, Lavezzi, Hamsik) have been playing constantly (think Hamsik started one game on the bench) and did any of them look tired today? I know it isn't feasible to have players play every game all season but like, I feel fit players like Clichy and Richards could handle three games in a week, then they could be rested in the following game and so on.

I love Zaba but he offers about 20% of what Micah does going forward - he is a squad player and good defensively but not the attacking full-back we rely on a lot as part of our system. Kolarov can attack some but defensively he isn't much better than Wayne Bridge if we're brutally honest... the amount of basic errors he made tonight was shocking.

Kolarov's attacking prowess comes from his crossing.Tonight that was poor plus he had one chance to score and didn't take it.Have to agree re Micah as well. I fully accept that rotation is nescessary but maybe not as often as he is doing it withg the full backs.

Play was generally too slow all night other than the last 10 mins when we finally started to create some chances.

Dominated most of the game but got caught out on a fluke corner and a good counter attack.Kolarov and zabs were very poor and toure looked tired tonight but apart from that we weren't that bad.Still need to put a performance on against Bayern munich for prides sake and go as far as we can in the Europa league.The rags only drew at home tonight in a easier group than ours so they might join us in the europa.We are building a great squad and club now and it takes time,let's just settle for doing well in the league and domestic cups and anything else would be a bonus.Remember, Chelsea have spent a lot over recent years and still haven't won anything outside the domestic competitions.
CHINS UP
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.