Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

A poor showing, not that the balance of play was that bad, but purely because you can't sleep walk through 10 minutes of football at this level. Came out for the second half like the game was won, rather than like the game was there to be won (which is was, but win the battle first eh). Paid the price for that, chased it afterwards with a shape and lineup that just couldn't get it done. Balo could have got an equalizer on another day with either of his second half chances, but that would change nothing about the performance - City are better than they showed.

Gaffer, subs on sooner next time please. Don't rotate for the sake of it, trust your best 11 to handle when the biggest games come.

Stats like unbeaten in 17 years count for shit, any team could claim that, say they played in Europe 30 years ago and won then never qualified again then they are unbeaten in Europe for 30 years

We're not out yet, but its unlikely Napoli won't win in spain. Worst case scenario were in the knock out stages of the Europa league, not having to fanny around with the europa league format. It is the knock out stages that were ok in the Europa league as there was an edge to the two legged games and our best atmosphere was against Hamburg. Granted thursday night is a bit of a ball ache, but I wouldn't complain about having opportunity of winning this European Trophy.

Robinhosthumb! said:
Dominated most of the game but got caught out on a fluke corner and a good counter attack.Kolarov and zabs were very poor and toure looked tired tonight but apart from that we weren't that bad.Still need to put a performance on against Bayern munich for prides sake and go as far as we can in the Europa league.The rags only drew at home tonight in a easier group than ours so they might join us in the europa.We are building a great squad and club now and it takes time,let's just settle for doing well in the league and domestic cups and anything else would be a bonus.Remember, Chelsea have spent a lot over recent years and still haven't won anything outside the domestic competitions.
CHINS UP
CTID

ah the old Yaya was tired angle :)

I hate coming on here after a defeat. It seems like all rational thought goes out the window.

Some of the things said are fair criticisms, but some are just down right ridiculous and i'm sure if we were to make a note of posters and what they posted then return at the end of the season, some on here would end up quite red-faced.

They way some are going on you'd think we'd just lost to aldershot town or something. Napoli are a highly capable team with attacking talent that a lot of the top clubs (including ourselves) are looking at so to spit your dummy because we didn't 'destroy' them is ludicrous

p.s i know this isn't all posters but there's more than there should be

City boss Roberto Mancini accepts the Blues are now the underdogs to progress through to the Champions League knock-out stages - but he thinks it is still possible.

The 2-1 defeat to Napoli means City need a massive favour from Villarreal in the final Group A match while the Blues must also beat Bayern Munich at the Etihad Stadium.

"We should still believe because it is my opinion that Villarreal can get a result against Napoli," said Mancini.

"I don't think Villarreal will end up with no points at all and I certainly believe they are capable of a draw - maybe more - so we still have a chance, even though were are relying on another team.

"In don't think we deserved to lose this game, but at the same time, it is impossible for us to go and score three or four goals every game. We conceded two stupid goals because we knew Cavani likes the near post and for the second he had far too much room, so we didn't help ourselves in that respect.

"We have one more game and everything is possible in football - as long as we believe in ourselves and that anything can happen. I think Villarreal will get a result against Napoli and then the rest is up to us."

Nigel de Jong was equally hopeful that the Blues can still progress, adding: "Napoli played well and took their chances well whereas we didn't take all of ours and that was the difference, I think.

"We had a lot of the play, but we didn't use the possession as well as we needed to. Now we need to unite as a team and get our focus back because we have one more group game left and while our fate is no longer in our own hands, there is still hope as long as we beat Bayern Munich."

lee-mcfc said:
Joe 7
Pablo 5
Vinnie 6
Lescott 3
AK 3
Milner 7
Yaya 6
David 6
Nige 6
Mario 6
Edin 5

Bob 4

Not fair he was alone between 3 defenders all the time and had 0 service!!

Can't believe some of the shit on here,our first season in CL and all of a sudden we are a shit team.

It took Ferguson 13 fucking years to win it

Get a fucking grip- we put a good enough team out to get at least a point,the lads didn't perform- end of.

Poor performance but remember we were playing a very well organised side. They defend strongly and are amazing on the break, I can see them going far in the Champions League if we don't get 2nd. Just have to get behind the team for Bayern game and hope for the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.