Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

herrock said:
Obvious that Prem is the priority for mancini, leaving out the two full backs and Aguero says it all.
Why were we so slow to get going 2nd half ?
our crossing was atrocious
Aguero came on too late
Roll on sunday and get this out of our system

if that was the case though why play Silva, YayA and not start Johnson?

Richards and Barry should have started, Zab and DeJong shouldn;t

I have to say Napoli's front 3 is better than any in the prem. All great players. It was always going to be tough going there and winning so i cant say im suprised that we lost. At home to Newcastle we conceded quite a few chances, we were lucky they aren't that good. Can't do that in europe im afraid, the better team won. Hopefully it wont affect the lads too much because we have a big game on sunday.

Id rather not be in the Europa league if we go out of the champs.

I think shit happens, im gutted we lost tonight but really dont want the embarasment of the bloody europa league. Even the name sounds plastic and wank!

Blue Tooth said:
City boss Roberto Mancini accepts the Blues are now the underdogs to progress through to the Champions League knock-out stages - but he thinks it is still possible.

The 2-1 defeat to Napoli means City need a massive favour from Villarreal in the final Group A match while the Blues must also beat Bayern Munich at the Etihad Stadium.

"We should still believe because it is my opinion that Villarreal can get a result against Napoli," said Mancini.

"I don't think Villarreal will end up with no points at all and I certainly believe they are capable of a draw - maybe more - so we still have a chance, even though were are relying on another team.

"In don't think we deserved to lose this game, but at the same time, it is impossible for us to go and score three or four goals every game. We conceded two stupid goals because we knew Cavani likes the near post and for the second he had far too much room, so we didn't help ourselves in that respect.

"We have one more game and everything is possible in football - as long as we believe in ourselves and that anything can happen. I think Villarreal will get a result against Napoli and then the rest is up to us."

Nigel de Jong was equally hopeful that the Blues can still progress, adding: "Napoli played well and took their chances well whereas we didn't take all of ours and that was the difference, I think.

"We had a lot of the play, but we didn't use the possession as well as we needed to. Now we need to unite as a team and get our focus back because we have one more group game left and while our fate is no longer in our own hands, there is still hope as long as we beat Bayern Munich."
He's right

doomuk said:
I think shit happens, im gutted we lost tonight but really dont want the embarasment of the bloody europa league. Even the name sounds plastic and wank!

Doubt players like Hargreaves and Suarez will mind us being in the Europa League though as they'll be playing (if Hargreaves can stay fit for 5 minutes).

Although it would be great to somehow qualify for the knockout stages,and by the way it ain't over yet,this year is a learning curve in this competition and for me the prem is of much more importance.
My concern is the amount of avoidable goals we are conceding and clear goal scoring opportunities we also concede as in all fairness Newcastle could have scored 3 on Saturday.
Not to down hearted though as Napoli are a good side and if they do qualify they will give most a game especially at home.

LoveCity said:
doomuk said:

Doubt players like Hargreaves and Suarez will mind us being in the Europa League though as they'll be playing (if Hargreaves can stay fit for 5 minutes).

hahaha, exactly this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.