Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

jimharri said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just a quick question...

How many times did we give the ball away tonight.
Too bloody many.
Which is so unlike us normally. I just don't understand why we seemed to go to pieces tonight and forget the way we play.

Napoli are a very good side but they certainly aren't unbeatable. Once we got the goal back and got to half-time then I felt quite confident but a few minutes into the second half, de Jong gives the ball away when there was no need and we're behind again.

BOBBYISOURLEADER said:
There are only 3 people to blame for this defeat.

1. MANCINI- Joke to not play our best two fullbacks by far.

2. KOLAROV- Disgrace for £17m

3. DE JONG- Embarrasing for him, their second goal.

This is where our weakness was not addressed. Barry or Nasri would have been dynamic & would have addressed our left side been attacked & gave more imputus and thrust to our offense.

de Jong is very limited in mobility and his lack of 'team fluidity' (everyone knows what he can do when he has the ball) enabling the skilful & football savvy to ply their craftsmanship or pylon around him.

I thought we played ok tonight. We have obviously tried learning our lessons from the other European Games and tried playing a slow tempo game to try and frustrate them like they did to us. Which I thought was working well until we conceded a sloppy goal. Most games against top opposition usually comes down to who can get the iniative and score the first goal, we never done that tonight. Its a game of fine margins and if we had scored first I believe we would have won convincingly

It will take time to build up the experience necessary to cope in this type of league, again I'll say this only the 2nd time in the champs league, we was put into an incredibly hard group, we need to realise how far we've come in such a short time, but we got caught short, and we need to regroup and continue onwards.......

Just everything else left to play for then...

city diehard said:
Anyone else think Joe could of possibly saved the second goal, I know that NDJ lost the ball and the marking was atrocious but still think he should be doing better.
i thought that but after watching it again he hit that ball with some power 'not joe's fault'

I refuse to lay the blame on a single person, but for the life of me I don't know why De Jong started tonight. They sit back and hit on the break, he doesn't offer anything going forward and doesn't have the pace to cover a counter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.