Nasri [Merged] continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nasri certainly showed enough today that he would be an excellent addition to our team?!? Kept the ball very well,has quick feet and looks comfortable running at and taking on defenders at pace. Imagine how good he'll be when he plays for a team where he wants to be!!! :-)

adamgregory said:
super_city_si said:
I dont get this agent fee business. If thats what the hold up is.

Surely NAsri employs the agent. Any fee the agent gets should come as a percentage of whatever signing on fee Nasri gets? It shouldnt be up to the buying club to buy the player and then pay the agent for the priviledge of doing so?

If i had an agent and he was responsible for my big money move collapsing, he wouldnt be my agent for very long.

Yeah, if I had been offered a job more than double my salary and some tool wanted some more money out of it for not actually doing anything then I wouldnt be too happy either.

Think I may become an agent, do beggar all and cream money in left right and centre.

The thing is Nasri might of signed a contract with his agent that he gets a % of any deal! Nasri didn't read the small print me thinks...! ;-)

adamgregory said:
I'm sure when a player as good as Nasri is coming to contract extension time then he shouldn't need an agent, what does an agent do that Nasri couldn't do himself and keep all of his cash?

Arse- we would like to offer you £80k
Nasri's agent- I think he could get better elsewhere.

Why couldn't Nasri say that he could get better wages elsewhere without all the rigmarole?

The role of 'agent' really confuses me with contracts etc... I understand their involvement in transfers to some extent like Chelsea use Pini Zhavi a lot as a broker.
The thing is they don't only deal with contract negotiating, they get them endorsements and so on, so what the player pays he gets back and more, they also look after a lot of other menial tasks for the player or at least one of the agents lackeys will, that said this will only apply to the top end players, if it wasn't worth it to the player he wouldn't have an agent but it seems like it is

super_city_si said:
I think agents do more than just negotiate wages and transfers. I would imagine they are also responsible for arranging sponsorships and marketing for their client etc...

I can see that but then I also wonder, is what they do worth all the money they get and I'm left scratching my head and wondering how I missed out on such a profession.

When tricky ricky Holden signed for us his misses at the time jean done his contract!! She got him a bloody good deal as well!!!

big blueballs said:
The thing is they don't only deal with contract negotiating, they get them endorsements and so on, so what the player pays he gets back and more, they also look after a lot of other menial tasks for the player or at least one of the agents lackeys will, that said this will only apply to the top end players, if it wasn't worth it to the player he wouldn't have an agent but it seems like it is

I know a lot of players have family members as agents, I can see the point in that at least if you're going to pay somebody for doing menial such as attending meetings and the like, at least if you've got somebody on the payroll it may as well be your brother.

It just seems so wrong that an agent who has no real impact on a player can (and has in the past) cock deals up.

I think my hatred of agents comes from Football Manager, many a time I have had a player well up for signing yet an agent demanding £12m, which my board wont pay, I therefore miss out on said player.

Must remember FM11 is not real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.