Nasri

Re: 20m for Nasri

Nah, I don't really need to be friend with you nor I'm trying that, I am not backing from anything I've said to you either, would do it again without single doubt. What you said was utter bollocks and I had some free time to react.

I could see though that you are backing from your initial stupid statements so trying to give you some advice, not to have you as friend but to read less of that shit :)

Cheers.. and think before posting next time, outcome is usually better :)

He may regret not joining United, because I think he will be playing there every week as a CM.

He can't be worse than Cleverly.

Tevez City said:
He may regret not joining United, because I think he will be playing there every week as a CM.

He can't be worse than Cleverly.
Cleverley puts a shift in. Tackling, running, closing players down. Takes more than just ability to earn your spot in the eleven.

I was everso quick to criticise nasri this season after poor poor performances, no effort and looked like he couldnt be arsed.
Anyway after mancini kick him up the rear, when he came on against Aston Villa(Correct me if im wrong) and he looked like he was up for it.
Yesterday against everton he played in a deeper CM role when he came on, looked comfortable on the ball and looked like what we have been looking for. someone who can bring the ball out from deep and play killer passes.
If we play him there from now on i think we'll see a COMPLETELY different player and one that we will want in the squad for next season.

Could we line up like this?
9806cfd165cf4c67a3deaad9d69eda0e.png

Anyone else think the same?

He is a much better CM/CF/CAM than he is when he is stuck on the wing.

I think it was Everton last year he played deep and had a good game, hit a screamer that hit the crossbar. Played deep v Stoke and played a wonderful ball that Dzeko nearly put in but Shawcross cleared.

I think he is gone though, PSG don't have much in midfield so buying Nasri and giving him free roam in behind Ibra could be very good.

He should never be played on the wing, because he simply can't do it. He should only be played behind a main striker.
Every time he made a real difference last season and early on this season, he was drifting into the middle. But this hasn't worked this season against 10 man defenses.

I think that Mancini's tactics are as much to blame as he is for his poor performances since around about November last year. If he can get his mind right and start to work hard again then he'll get his place back, but right now he doesn't deserve it.

A vast majority of Bluemooners believe that Nasri isn't "tough enough" to play as a midfielder and then wonder why Scottie Parker was once England Captain.

Nasri is a deep lying CM. If you pair him with Garcia with Yaya ahead of them you have quite an intelligent (and mobile) unit. Mancini will simply not drop a striker to make this work. And it will become our undoing if he doesn't change his mindset.

alky313 said:
A vast majority of Bluemooners believe that Nasri isn't "tough enough" to play as a midfielder and then wonder why Scottie Parker was once England Captain.

Nasri is a deep lying CM. If you pair him with Garcia with Yaya ahead of them you have quite an intelligent (and mobile) unit. Mancini will simply not drop a striker to make this work. And it will become our undoing if he doesn't change his mindset.

Thing is, most other deep-lying midfielders can read the game and are willing to put tackles in. Pirlo, Xabi Alonso etc..they do. If you're playing deep, you put in a defensive shift, regardless of how good you are.

I agree that Nasri is best through the middle but I don't agree that he's anything like a deep-lying CM. Is his long range passing that good? No. His short range? Yeah, that's good but his primary attributes are his close control and dribbling.
He isn't going to run 40 or 50 yards with the ball is he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.