Nasri

Re: 20m for Nasri

This news if true surprises me about as much as hearing Lindsay Lohan had another run in with the law. I said that this summer would be the time to decide whether to cut our losses with Samir and hopefully we're going to do just that. Was never a good idea to buy him in the first place, probably only did it as a show of strength to stop him going to the Rags. Fitting both him and Silva into this team is a failed experiment.

He had some performances where he almost convinced me he has a place in this team, but his consistency is downright shocking for a supposedly top level footballer. I have the same criticism today that I had when he was at Arsenal, he's not good enough to play in the middle, he's not fast enough to play out wide, and not agressive enough to play up front. He's a man without a position.

But of course now we have another footballer on seizable wages we won't be able to shift without a massive cut in the transfer fee. If this ends up in another half cock loan deal I'll scream.

Didsbury Dave said:
I cannot for the life of me believe that anyone is going to be mug enough to pay £20m for Nasri, with those wages. He's enormously overpriced.

I think we will do well to sell him at all, unless we take about £10-12m and he accepts a big paycut.

Something about Samir Nasri tells me he's cut from the same self-interested cloth as Mr Adebayor, and the chances of him taking a pay cut (without City subsidising his wages) are roughly the same as mine of being teleported to the planet of the nymphomaniacs within the next 24 hours

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I cannot for the life of me believe that anyone is going to be mug enough to pay £20m for Nasri, with those wages. He's enormously overpriced.

I think we will do well to sell him at all, unless we take about £10-12m and he accepts a big paycut.

Something about Samir Nasri tells me he's cut from the same self-interested cloth as Mr Adebayor, and the chances of him taking a pay cut (without City subsidising his wages) are roughly the same as mine of being teleported to the planet of the nymphomaniacs within the next 24 hours

I wouldnt be surprised if that's the case, and that will have a big impact on any transfer fee.

You'd expect Nasri would be desperate to get his domestic and international career back on track, though. His stock has fallen quite badly over the last 18 months.

Didsbury Dave said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I wouldnt be surprised if that's the case, and that will have a big impact on any transfer fee.

You'd expect Nasri would be desperate to get his domestic and international career back on track, though. His stock has fallen quite badly over the last 18 months.

That's a great last point, actually.

We actually might hold a slight advantage with us going into a World Cup year.

He would need to move on or knuckle down and show us his best.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
NipHolmes said:
It's not coincidental that since we didn't buy Hazard that Yayas future was questioned by his agent whom also represents Nasri and Mario. It's quite telling how their forms dropped off if you ask me. Coincidence or a plot by agent to force through moves potentially?

Not same agents pal.

Mario is looked after by Mino Raiola.

Yaya is looked after by John Bico/Dmitri Selcuk

Nasri is looked after by Jean Bernes.

Yaya's agents have been trying it on for over 12 months on a new deal, though.

Cheers for that. I was under the impression that Mino had his finger in each pie so to speak.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I still cant make my mind up about Gareth Bale but if I were Spurs and looking to strengthen then any two of Nasri,Tevez,Lescott plus some cash and City were interested in Bale wouldn't seem such a bad deal.

As soon as Spurs sell Bale the cost of any replacement will shoot up.

If we gave them Nasri and tevez we would have to pay half the wages for the duration of the contracts

NipHolmes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
NipHolmes said:
It's not coincidental that since we didn't buy Hazard that Yayas future was questioned by his agent whom also represents Nasri and Mario. It's quite telling how their forms dropped off if you ask me. Coincidence or a plot by agent to force through moves potentially?

Not same agents pal.

Mario is looked after by Mino Raiola.

Yaya is looked after by John Bico/Dmitri Selcuk

Nasri is looked after by Jean Bernes.

Yaya's agents have been trying it on for over 12 months on a new deal, though.

Cheers for that. I was under the impression that Mino had his finger in each pie so to speak.

Mino is the king of Italy. It's actually a shame he's not the agent of a few more of our players.

I would feel a lot more confident of him moving players on!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:

That's a great last point, actually.

We actually might hold a slight advantage with us going into a World Cup year.

He would need to move on or knuckle down and show us his best.

Mancini did same with Adebayor. It's best to talk up a player to the sell not talk down. How many salesmen knock your door and says 'this isn't all that great but do you want to buy it?'.

Club should gag Mancini about stuff like this. Stupidity.

Anyway, Nasri will go, imo for 15m with rest paid to him for contract or summat like that. Arsenal would have him back I reckon and I reckon he's reaching out. PSG only if Pastore is still pissed with it being the Zlatan show.

Would Juventus or Milan be a option? On a 5 year Brighthouse kind of deal?

I absolutely despise the idea of paying large chunks of wages on players contracts when they are at other clubs. I'd rather just let them rot in the reserves with us as a lesson. The thought of us paying the wages of a Spurs player makes my blood boil, even if he is shit. Pure lunacy.

omcfc said:
I absolutely despise the idea of paying large chunks of wages on players contracts when they are at other clubs. I'd rather just let them rot in the reserves with us as a lesson. The thought of us paying the wages of a Spurs player makes my blood boil, even if he is shit. Pure lunacy.

Employment law.

Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

Imo the best thing to do is play him centrally in midfield as cover for Yaya or Silva. He's wasted on the right wing and Milner shows him up.

It's bad scouting this purchase. Nothing like Alexis Sanchez.

Not making this a Mancini out bollocks thread but this is another example of bad buying at high price and the club suffers again.

Nasri can do better and will do better. Just needs to be played in position. If not we sell and lose out. What else can we do? The present situation isn't a good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.