Nasri

Re: 20m for Nasri

The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I cannot for the life of me believe that anyone is going to be mug enough to pay £20m for Nasri, with those wages. He's enormously overpriced.

I think we will do well to sell him at all, unless we take about £10-12m and he accepts a big paycut.

Like I said, we are stuck with him.

And I'm sorry to bring it around to this (no, I really am) but Mancini needs to take a fair share of the blame for it.

He was desperate for Nasri and put serious pressure on Cook and Marwood to beat United to his signature.

It was silly to then have a pop in public, his value has been plummeting as it was.

We have been pissing away money.

This whole forum was deperate for nasri also
It had 1000 page threads frothing at the mouth for mancini to go and get him

Nasri best and only position is in the Silva role, it's no coincidence that his best game for us this season was West Ham away when Silva didn't play, he's back up at best.

Just to level things up a bit, there were many on the forum that didn't want RVP because of his age and his history on injuries, just saying!

Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And I'm sorry to bring it around to this (no, I really am) but Mancini needs to take a fair share of the blame for it.

He was desperate for Nasri and put serious pressure on Cook and Marwood to beat United to his signature.

It was silly to then have a pop in public, his value has been plummeting as it was.

Nasri best and only position is in the Silva role, it's no coincidence that his best game for us this season was West Ham away when Silva didn't play, he's back up at best.

Just to level things up a bit, there were many on the forum that didn't want RVP because of his age and his history on injuries, just saying!
Your right thats a good point regarding rvp,fair play
Oh and tolmie your spot on with the sanchez post.
Lets just hope we can shift him in the summer.

The problem is that Nasri isn't being played in the right way.
The reason Nasri stood out so much in his last season at Arsenal was because he was being played in a position that allowed him to score goals, now he's being played as a playmaker. Nasri can still perform in the Silva role, but not very often as it's not his typical play style. His best position would be in the CAM/CF role behind the main striker, but I feel we have better players for the position.
£20m would be okay, but I know that he'll start performing again when he leaves, like Mario has.

He's still a lazy twat though.

Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Went to that game and Hmmm not sure if i can remember much of him, i'll take your word for it.. All i can remember is us battering them and not being able to hit a barn door and get the goal we needed... however Samir may have been the reason we had such dominance?

Akira said:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/02/27/3783710/manchester-city-willing-to-take-7m-hit-on-nasri?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_3

Manchester City are willing to listen to offers for Samir Nasri this summer, Goal.com understands.

The Premier League champions value the Frenchman at around the £18 million mark and are ready to cash in on him if their asking price is met.
As revealed by Goal.com in December, Nasri is unsettled in Manchester and wants to leave the Premier League champions, with a return to London his preferred move.

Nasri joined City from Arsenal for around £25m in August 2011 but City are believed to be willing to sell the attacking midfielder at a considerable loss in order to clear his £175,000-a-week wages off the Etihad Stadium wage bill.

Interested clubs are set to be quoted a figure of around £18m for the 25-year-old in the forthcoming transfer window.

Manager Roberto Mancini used an interview with The Guardian last week to express his frustration with some of his players this season, name-checking Nasri and Joe Hart.

"I think Samir has fantastic qualities," Mancini said. "With his quality, he should always play well. Every game he could be the difference. A player of this quality could be one of the best players in Europe. But it's not happening.

"Sometimes a player thinks it's enough what they did the year before and doesn't understand that every day they should improve.

"If you are a top player you know you can improve until the last day of your career but sometimes you get players who think it is not important to work and this is their worst mistake.

"Samir can do better than this year. He is a top player but he has not been playing at his level.”

Mancini then added: "You win the title, then you think it's enough to play 50 per cent and you don't arrive the next year."

Nasri was considering his future even before Mancini's public attack but only a small elite of clubs have the financial power to offer the player an escape route from Manchester.

Goal.com revealed earlier this month that wealthy Monaco are keen to lure Nasri and his team-mate Carlos Tevez to France this summer.

The ambitious Ligue 2 leaders, who are expected to be promoted to Ligue 1, are bankrolled by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev and are able to offer tax-free salaries in order to tempt top players to the principality.

Please. Someone take him.

I'd be happy with £18m+ for the cheese eating surrender monkey.

If he needs a lift to the airport I'm available.

Churchill123 said:
Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:

Went to that game and Hmmm not sure if i can remember much of him, i'll take your word for it.. All i can remember is us battering them and not being able to hit a barn door and get the goal we needed... however Samir may have been the reason we had such dominance?

He was played in the hole behind the forward line and was spraying the ball from left to right, he was the heartbeat of the side that controlled the tempo of our game like Silva does when he's played.

When Nasri's played out wide he's not interested, when he cuts inside he takes up Silvas space so becomes non effective, he wont track back and protect the space that Zaba leaves when he pushes on etc etc........

In my eyes, he's just a very expensive back up for Silva, nothing more, nothing less

The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I cannot for the life of me believe that anyone is going to be mug enough to pay £20m for Nasri, with those wages. He's enormously overpriced.

I think we will do well to sell him at all, unless we take about £10-12m and he accepts a big paycut.

This whole forum was deperate for nasri alsoIt had 1000 page threads frothing at the mouth for mancini to go and get him

Nonsense. Woops, just realized you might be fishing.

mgreenz97 said:
The problem is that Nasri isn't being played in the right way.
The reason Nasri stood out so much in his last season at Arsenal was because he was being played in a position that allowed him to score goals, now he's being played as a playmaker. Nasri can still perform in the Silva role, but not very often as it's not his typical play style. His best position would be in the CAM/CF role behind the main striker, but I feel we have better players for the position.
£20m would be okay, but I know that he'll start performing again when he leaves, like Mario has.

He's still a lazy twat though.
Seconded.

But it's not about how we play him anymore, now Mancini's questioning his attitude. He seems just about comfortable to sit on bench and pick up his wages, not giving a shit about the cause. This attitude shouldn't be tolerated, in any club, anywhere.

Unless he's ready to turn from a Robinho to a Zabaleta, then get rid.

The cookie monster said:

to be fair, he was way better at Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.