Nastasić

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:
Most centre backs don't peak until there late 20's, he's young enough to improve given good coaching, no idea why people don't see that. Tony Adams peaked early 30's, writing a 22 year old off is ridiculous imho.
they don't care about age, experience, coaching, improvement
some want it all now and no waiting

we've seen it before, one player is just hated and they never let go
Its sad isn't it ?
you can tell when Football Manager has taken a grip of them and they just don't see the big picture

all the gnashing of teeth just because we have only signed Rodwell is disappointing in the least

i think some of them just need to grow up a bit

and I'm just glad i'm rarely here for the match day threads

Danielmanc said:
cleavers said:
squirtyflower said:

Its sad isn't it ?

It even happens with players who were vital in our winning of the league. Just look at the negativity directed at Dzeko yesterday on the BM Forum. Would be good if people gave our own players a bit of a break - even of they have a bad match ! (and I don't even think that Dzeko was bad yesterday)
As squirty says (kind of), its those who think we should have won the league in August. 4 points from 2 games is the new crisis.

cleavers said:
Danielmanc said:
cleavers said:
Its sad isn't it ?

It even happens with players who were vital in our winning of the league. Just look at the negativity directed at Dzeko yesterday on the BM Forum. Would be good if people gave our own players a bit of a break - even of they have a bad match ! (and I don't even think that Dzeko was bad yesterday)
As squirty says, its those who think we should have won the league in August. 4 points from 2 games is the new crisis.
same number of points from the same teams as last year, Saints replacing Bolton

squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:
Neville Kneville said:
What is it exactly that he has in his locker ?
Most centre backs don't peak until there late 20's, he's young enough to improve given good coaching, no idea why people don't see that. Tony Adams peaked early 30's, writing a 22 year old off is ridiculous imho.

That's all fine and dandy but he could learn outside of our first team where he has cost us dear before and would for the near future. Opposition fans pray he is playing when we face them. Kolo even criticised him publically...wrong I know but it's what the rest must be thinking.

Micha was a much better player at centre half years ago so it's not all about age. Savic will improve but he will never be CL standard. Rekik....now he really does have potential.

Savic stands out because the rest of the squad are really good. In years gone by he might have been one of our better players!

Cobwebcat said:
squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:

That's all fine and dandy but he could learn outside of our first team where he has coatis dear before and would for the near future. Opposition fans pray he is playing when we face them. Kolo even criticised him publically...wrong I know but it's what the rest must be thinking.

Micha was a much better player at centre half years ago so it's not all about age. Savic will improve but he will never be CL standard. Rekik....now he really does have potential.
and that's your opinion and your entitled to it
my complaint isn't about the quality or not of the player but the sheer hatred that some of our fans have towards players, and its not just Savic
Lescott still has a vociferous section of the crowd against him, Kolorav seems hated and i could go on
and there's one thing i've learnt in my job about giving people confidence to do theirs is screaming that they are shit in their faces rarely works

as to the ones on here doing it i just don't get it
yes have opinions by all means, otherwise the forum would be as dull as ditch water but the level of abuse at the player is uncalled for and then it's leveled at any poster that doesn't agree with them, quite childish

Cobwebcat said:
Players develop at different rates, you can't write Savic off at this stage.

Dave Watson is probably the best CB I have seen at City before Vinny, we didn't sign him till he was 30, he earned many of his England caps while at City.

squirtyflower said:
Cobwebcat said:
squirtyflower said:

That's all fine and dandy but he could learn outside of our first team where he has coatis dear before and would for the near future. Opposition fans pray he is playing when we face them. Kolo even criticised him publically...wrong I know but it's what the rest must be thinking.

and that's your opinion and your entitled to it
my complaint isn't about the quality or not of the player but the sheer hatred that some of our fans have towards players, and its not just Savic
Lescott still has a vociferous section of the crowd against him, Kolorav seems hated and i could go on
and there's one thing i've learnt in my job about giving people confidence to do theirs is screaming that they are shit in their faces rarely works

as to the ones on here doing it i just don't get it
yes have opinions by all means, otherwise the forum would be as dull as ditch water but the level of abuse at the player is uncalled for and then it's leveled at any poster that doesn't agree with them, quite childish

Definetly agree strongly with all that. Particularly the ones that yell at them during a match. I think Savic is poor and I dread him playing but I'd never shout at the guy or any of our players.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
Cobwebcat said:
Players develop at different rates, you can't write Savic off at this stage.

Dave Watson is probably the best CB I have seen at City before Vinny, we didn't sign him till he was 30, he earned many of his England caps while at City.

But as you say we signed him and played him when he was ready. Savic isn't and shouldn't play for us unless and until he is. We won the league by a tiny margin and we can't afford for him to learn in premiership matches. Dave Watson was awesome.

Watched Nastasic play against Udinese. Think Pique, not Vidic. Seems very comfortable on the ball and can make the occasional long pass. Decision making well beyond his years. Might have to bulk up, but it's hard to tell.

A much better investment than Agger for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.