Nastasić

Marvin said:
Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
Rubbish. He ducked the shot, and was unfortunate that he was directly in line of sight of hart.

How many times did Ronaldo and Higuain get the beating of him? Not sure it happened once.

I mean no disrespect but I think you'd had a beer when you watched this.

Watch it again. He was beaten at least once by everybody who went near him, & that's not an exaggeration. He lost Higuain on several occasions when it was just routine. He was truly, awful.
Disagree. He was beaten by a ball in the air, not by defenders outmanouvering him

Sorry Marv, but Vince was turned inside out a few times. Early on Tranny skinned him springs straight to mind.

Marvin said:
Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
Rubbish. He ducked the shot, and was unfortunate that he was directly in line of sight of hart.

How many times did Ronaldo and Higuain get the beating of him? Not sure it happened once.

I mean no disrespect but I think you'd had a beer when you watched this.

Watch it again. He was beaten at least once by everybody who went near him, & that's not an exaggeration. He lost Higuain on several occasions when it was just routine. He was truly, awful.
Disagree. He was beaten by a ball in the air, not by defenders outmanouvering him

All I can say is watch a replay.

It happened because I saw it happen & it was replayed in slow motion. He was beaten inside at least twice on the edge of our own box, when anybody knows he should be forcing the attacker out. He made a whole range of mistakes, losing his man behind him, not being in position to block routine stuff, as did Nastasic, but Nastasic is a kid learning the game & you would expect it from him.

Kompany is struggling & he needs the proper defence putting back together to help him through it.

Kompany was skinned by Ronaldo a few times. But at the end of the day he's still one if the best strikers in World Football. Few would be talking if this was Messi. There is a reason he was bought for £80m and it's not to sell shirts.

alky313 said:
Kompany was skinned by Ronaldo a few times. But at the end of the day he's still one if the best strikers in World Football. Few would be talking if this was Messi. There is a reason he was bought for £80m and it's not to sell shirts.

That's true but if every team let Ronaldo come inside unopposed like City did, his goalscoring record would be double what it is now. On another day, half of those potshots Real had round our box would go in.

You just can't allow these positions to develop, particularly at that level.

If hot potato Lescott had of played Madrid would have had far more of the ball thats for sure,Nasti looked very composed in tight situations and was pinging some very nice passes especially into midfield all night.For a nineteen year old to make his debut in a game as big as that and perform at that level against Ronaldo,Higuian,Di Maria and Benzemais very impressive.He seems to have a bit of pace about him which is something Lescott lacks.Looks like Bob has unearthed a gem.

The case against Kompany is being overstated. he also beat Ronaldo one on one a few times. I don't remember hart being faced one on one many times. Happened once or twice when long balls cut out our defenders, articularly in first 15 minutes. After that we got to grips with them.

You can't go 90 mins against Di maria and Ronaldo without them wriggling some space to shoot out of you at some point.

danburge82 said:
He did a lot very well but made some errors too. He was very easily turned by Benzema for their second but then I rate Benzema as highly as Falcao, and he gave the ball away a fair bit at times. But it was only Nasta's 30th professional game.

Given how composed he looked out there, and comfortable on the ball, that is a statistic that makes his performance yesterday quite astonishing. How many central defenders in the world would have been able to look like a fish in the water against opposition like Real Madrid in their debut for a new team, at the tender age of 19?

I am hoping he can become the partner Kompany has needed. Lescott is a great defender, but his awkwardness with the ball is glaring.

Comrade Buka said:
danburge82 said:
He did a lot very well but made some errors too. He was very easily turned by Benzema for their second but then I rate Benzema as highly as Falcao, and he gave the ball away a fair bit at times. But it was only Nasta's 30th professional game.

Given how composed he looked out there, and comfortable on the ball, that is a statistic that makes his performance yesterday quite astonishing. How many central defenders in the world would have been able to look like a fish in the water against opposition like Real Madrid in their debut for a new team, at the tender age of 19?

I am hoping he can become the partner Kompany has needed. Lescott is a great defender, but his awkwardness with the ball is glaring.

Thought that everything considered, he looked ridiculously good. At fault for the Benzema goal but christ, it's Benzema, and he's 19, in a brand new team, at the Bernabeau. He did a lot more right than wrong.

Don't want to overstate his potential on the back of one game but his composure on the ball is exactly what we've been missing from out centre backs. Played some very nice long direct passes through the midfield, never looked panicked with it at his feet.

Now, the question remains, can he do it on a wet Wednesday night at the Britannia? ;) (Or more seriously, can he hold up the brutes of the Prem battering him in his own box - Something Lescott is very good at).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.