Nastasić

the lad is 19 years old plays his first competitive game for Manchester city against Real Madrid in the champions league!

says enough for me if mancini doesnt have a problem putting him in such a game that this lad is going to be a star for us now and in the future.

He made a couple of mistakes, one a poor header but I thought he was one of the only shining lights from a defensive point of view. He cleared up after Vinny well and reads the game well, I'm very impressed.

Wouldn't want to judge him on just one match but thought considering the circumstances he coped very well. It is a relief to see that he is definitely not another Stefan Savic who would undoubtedly have just shat his pants for 90 minutes last night.

Lancet Fluke said:
Wouldn't want to judge him on just one match but thought considering the circumstances he coped very well. It is a relief to see that he is definitely not another Stefan Savic who would undoubtedly have just shat his pants for 90 minutes last night.

Savic' major failing was that he couldn't recover from mistakes. He'd make one and then just completely collapse. It was nice to see Nasti just get on with it after that ball over the top that caused him problems.

I don't want to get giddy from 1 game but beside getting turned easily for their second goal I thought he looked pretty composed and calm on the ball...

If he can consistently play like that I feel as though we could have a very good player on our hands here.

Well done, Nasty. Playing at the Bernabeu would be the biggest game of most footballers' lives. To do it as a 19-year old on your City debut, and come out with credit, is just fantastic.

Looks a biggie for the future. Let's remember though that he is still inexperienced and not burden him with too much expectation too soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.