Nastasic

I said it in pre season and I stick to it now....

Nastasic is quality and could go on to be one of the best CB's in Europe. But another top quality CB was/is needed

We shouldn't be so relaint on an up and coming youngster in such a key position. With Kompanys constant injury woes it also means the one CB who can guide him and mentor him is often missing, making Nastasic the supposed "calming influence at the back".

As sad as it is, Kompany can't be relied on for injuries anymore, therefore another top quality CB is a must in January.

tenententen said:
Between Nasty and Boateng, who would you guys have preferred?
Boateng is a liability who can be caught out, Nastasic can go on to be an excellent player, just needs to cut out some of the petty fouls around the box.

Bluebee2 said:
tenententen said:
Between Nasty and Boateng, who would you guys have preferred?
Boateng is a liability who can be caught out, Nastasic can go on to be an excellent player, just needs to cut out some of the petty fouls around the box.

Boateng is already an excellent player but he wanted to leave us and would have gone on strike to get his Bayern move.

Nasti is a good player with a lot of potential. His performances for us last season remind me in some ways of the ability Tommy Caton showed when he broke into the team. He could have been a great but things didn't work out (and I am not making links about off the field stuff).

Nasti has to cut out the petty fouls that cost us at Villa and could have done versus Everton

Has Nasty bulked up since last season? He just seems bigger to me lately... This is something I've wanted him to do, actually.

If anyone knows where to find the info, it'd be interesting to see if his weight is any different.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. There are two things Nastasic needs to do to be a really brilliant defender.

1) Be more aggressive in the air - He's probably bulkier than someone like Vidic but is no way near as aggressive as him in the air.
2) Be more concentrated - As many have said, he has made a lot of stupid fouls lately and I put that down to a lapse in concentration. His positioning and composure is ridiculous for someone so young, so as long as he keeps concentrated he will be fine.

It's easy to get carried away with him because he is so young but already he has proven he can do the job. No doubt in my mind he will be a leading CB for years to come.

Nasty showed what he can do at the highest level ,against bayern , when his last-ditch intervention- just as Muller was all set to pull the trigger- saved us from going two nil down early doors.He's less at ease in the Premiership just yet but will more easily adapt to that than a more limited player coming to terms with the champs league. Hansen ans Stuart Brennan should get off his case.

grahamgor said:
Nasty showed what he can do at the highest level ,against bayern , when his last-ditch intervention- just as Muller was all set to pull the trigger- saved us from going two nil down early doors.He's less at ease in the Premiership just yet but will more easily adapt to that than a more limited player coming to terms with the champs league. Hansen ans Stuart Brennan should get off his case.

It's good you brought that up because that was a really important interception/clearance.

As for less at ease in the PL, well he had a great campaign last year so I don't see why he's not at ease already. What has Hansen said about him ?

cccc said:
grahamgor said:

It's good you brought that up because that was a really important interception/clearance.

As for less at ease in the PL, well he had a great campaign last year so I don't see why he's not at ease already. What has Hansen said about him ?

There's nothing specific in Hansen's press column but , on TV, he's regularly linked Nastasic and Kolarov with words along these lines '' when you look at that pair ,you can see why City are so poor defending down their left hand side''. I've no time at all for Hansen's know-all punditry !
I agree with you about Nasty's performances last year. What I meant to imply was that he may have lost confidence a little due to his injury . It was encouraging to see him come on in a critical moment against Everton and he held the fort well against Lukaku's physical style. He's a great prospect, no doubt about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.