Nastasic

richards30 said:
How strange that at half time in the matchday thread numerous people wanted nasty taken off and slated him?? Fickle bastards! ;-)

If you're looking for a reasoned opinion on any of our players, I wouldn't recommend the matchday thread

Hamann Pineapple said:
richards30 said:
How strange that at half time in the matchday thread numerous people wanted nasty taken off and slated him?? Fickle bastards! ;-)

If you're looking for a reasoned opinion on any of our players, I wouldn't recommend the matchday thread
or MOTD, or the mirror, daily fail and star newspapers.

I'm one of his biggest fans but thought he was very sloppy today.

He needs to be much more aggressive in the challenge, and cut out the stupid fouls. He also seems to be turned a lot easier this season. Last year, positionally he was all over players. Wherever they turned he was there - he did this vs Lukaku this year also but he has been turned by average players which is a bit shit.

Not worried though, he probably just is rusty after being out for a month.

cccc said:

He needs to be much more aggressive in the challenge, and cut out the stupid fouls. He also seems to be turned a lot easier this season. Last year, positionally he was all over players. Wherever they turned he was there - he did this vs Lukaku this year also but he has been turned by average players which is a bit shit.

I don't think the high line suits his game at all. He was superb last season alongside Kompany in a deeper line. Vinny is more of a front foot defender and Nasti was outstanding sweeping up behind.

This season our centre halves need to be more aggressive and on the front foot for the system to work. This doesn't suit Nasti's game at all. Particularly when playing alongside Lescott, who is also not blessed with any pace.

It's not a criticism of Pellegrini or his style of play, it is obviously working and we are absolutely flying at the moment. Unfortunately it's not a perfect world, and the system won't suit everyone. Barry (who is one of my favourite ever City players) was a casualty of this higher tempo, high line style of football, and unfortunately I don't think it suits Nasti or Clichy either.

I'd still pick Nasti alongside Kompany in our strongest 11 though. I think he's an outstanding talent and has the potential to be one of the very best. He's much better alongside Kompany, and I think he'll adapt and improve his game over time. He's got a fantastic future ahead of him, hopefully at City.

Shaelumstash said:
cccc said:

I don't think the high line suits his game at all. He was superb last season alongside Kompany in a deeper line. Vinny is more of a front foot defender and Nasti was outstanding sweeping up behind.

This season our centre halves need to be more aggressive and on the front foot for the system to work. This doesn't suit Nasti's game at all. Particularly when playing alongside Lescott, who is also not blessed with any pace.

It's not a criticism of Pellegrini or his style of play, it is obviously working and we are absolutely flying at the moment. Unfortunately it's not a perfect world, and the system won't suit everyone. Barry (who is one of my favourite ever City players) was a casualty of this higher tempo, high line style of football, and unfortunately I don't think it suits Nasti or Clichy either.

I'd still pick Nasti alongside Kompany in our strongest 11 though. I think he's an outstanding talent and has the potential to be one of the very best. He's much better alongside Kompany, and I think he'll adapt and improve his game over time. He's got a fantastic future ahead of him, hopefully at City.
He's never played a high line before that I know of, Fiorentina definitely didn't do it when he was there and he's still very young for a centre half, but I wouldn't worry overmuch, he's got loads of time to learn.

thought he was average last night, looked too casual on a few occasions, which he can't afford to do when he's not a regular in the team. And it was really poor defending when Carlton Cole skipped past him on the edge of the box

He has regressed without a doubt. Looked so comfortable on the ball when he first played but all of a sudden, he looks uncomfortable?

Possibly needs a long run to regain some lost confidence but at this moment, he just isn't good enough to warrant that.

I'd strengthen the CB spots this summer and look to let the lad get some first team football out on loan as i think he has a bright future.

blueinsa said:
He has regressed without a doubt. Looked so comfortable on the ball when he first played but all of a sudden, he looks uncomfortable?

Possibly needs a long run to regain some lost confidence but at this moment, he just isn't good enough to warrant that.

I'd strengthen the CB spots this summer and look to let the lad get some first team football out on loan as i think he has a bright future.
High line. Even Vinnie took time to adjust.

aguero93:20 said:
blueinsa said:

This.

aguero93:20 said:
blueinsa said:

Possibly mate, possibly.

That said, he is not ready for a long run in the side right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.