NATO

My question to this video is why? why would the US want to smuggle oil out of Syria into Iraq? what benefit is there? Iraq has vastly more oil that Syria as it is. so what would be the reason for this? is the suggestion that the US is then shipping this over to the states somehow from Iraq?

Id also point out, at no point does the video actually show US vehicles or troops with the oil trucks. its just spliced footage of some oil trucks and some US vehicles, there's not even any evidence in there that the vehicles shown are even in Syria.

To put this in perspective, 55 trucks is about 10,000 barrels of oil.

The global daily production of oil is 100,000,000 barrels.

So we’re looking at 0.01% of the worlds oil for that day.

Why would the us care about that? Why smuggle it? Why risk exposure?

The story makes no sense, unless you realise it’s coming from Bashar Al-Assad’s propaganda network and he’s at civil war with rebels getting support from the USA.

For me NATO has allowed us to hide behind Americas might, we have allowed our armed services to slim down so much that we would struggle to defend ourselves against an aggressor without going nuclear
The other countries in Europe have done the same but America won’t always be there to defend us and it leaves us exposed Putin is well aware how we have scaled down our defensive ability’s so much so we can’t act without America.

I’m a supporter of peace but that does not mean I would allow Putin to invade our country

You're right, but it's more like
"our governments have allowed our armed services to slim down..."

Because not spending allows tax cuts.

My question to this video is why? why would the US want to smuggle oil out of Syria into Iraq? what benefit is there? Iraq has vastly more oil that Syria as it is. so what would be the reason for this? is the suggestion that the US is then shipping this over to the states somehow from Iraq?

Id also point out, at no point does the video actually show US vehicles or troops with the oil trucks. its just spliced footage of some oil trucks and some US vehicles, there's not even any evidence in there that the vehicles shown are even in Syria.

In answer to your question why? It’s all bollocks.

There never is any evidence or even any logic. It’s just random speculation made by dribbling loons and watched by dribbling loons so they can pretend they ’know more‘ than the rest of us.

They are also narcissists with their endless ‘look at me, look at me being clever’ bollocks.

The favourite fall back position of every moron peddling conspiracy shit and propaganda, from Joe Rogan to Elon Musk.

"I'm just asking questions bro!"

"Just because all my questions are ways to shoehorn in the propaganda of murderous dictators I've absorbed doesn't mean anything!"

You're posting news reports from a company that is AFIAK the only media company in the world that still denies Bashar Al-Assad used chemical weapons on his own people. A "news agency" that is literally a dictators propaganda arm, with plenty of recorded incidents of them betraying journalistic standards.

Why would I care what they write about? There is nothing to be gained from a source that is so clearly compromised. You might as well be quoting Der Sturmer.

Are you saying that a kernel of truth cannot come from a media that may tell some lies?

Is this super ironic or what...? You've normalised media information so ready to pass blame to others rather than their own govs!

If you don't ask questions, you'll fall for anything! If you have a doubt, you have questions; that's just life being life!

But I guess you believe everything you're told even when you MUST have doubt!

Good for you. I can't live like you do.

What are you thoughts?

Is it a purely defensive alliance or is it an alliance that is a tool for western imperialism?

Does it act as an arm of corporate military suppliers or is it a necessary tool in the armoury against an aggressive Putin?

Is NATO basically an extension of capitalist power or does it make you sleep easier at night?

I was against the Iraq war, Blairs compliance has arguably led to the issues we face with immigration and small boats today.

It is something that is rarely discussed, it is sort of accepted that being a member of NATO is a good thing, it has after all meant no war in Western Europe since the end of WW2 , which is a good thing. Yet war seems a real threat and Putin talks about nuclear weapons.

It is a real quandary even for me who has been a life long supporter of CND and an anti war advocate.
There are some fundamental errors here in how you determine NATO as some potential sovereign force when it isn't. NATO is not a US military arm, it cannot go to war and take everyone else with it. Just for a start NATO has not intervened or entered into any conflict without a UN security resolution.

The fundamental question here is do you side with a country like Ukraine which is facing uncalled aggression or do you side with allowing Russia to unilaterally decide to invade another nation in Europe using force? NATO and world governments have decided to support Ukraine, it has nothing to do with the US.

When you talk of western imperialism you have to consider that empire building doesn't usually involve choice yet the most fundamental aspect of NATO membership is choice. Finland and Sweden are the most recent to unilaterally decide to join but that isn't to buy into US influence but rather because they quite justifiably fear Russian aggression.

Whether you're anti-war or CND is irrelevant, having those views will not prevent bad people from doing bad things as is happening in Ukraine. You cannot tell Putin to stop being naughty in the UN because he will laugh in your face and that has been Russian foreign policy since they themselves started the Ukraine war nearly 10 years ago.

This is why the possession of nuclear weapons is critical, unlike others we have the resources and technology to protect ourselves and others for the right reasons. So why wouldn't we do it? Why should we not work together to protect ourselves and our friends from harm? That's ultimately what NATO is.

I'm not sure of your views but any protest should be aimed at Russia right now and not NATO or the armed forces who right this second now are potentially risking their lives to protect you. If Russia goes any further then it will be them dying for us and our way of life (again).

It doesn't to the contrary either, does it? Should it have US trucks that break down or sign posts saying where it is that can't be picked up in stock footage? Your point means nothing either if that's the case.

We don't know why the US does what it does as you or I are not privy to why the US do favourable regime change or buy oil/ smuggle oil and refine it to sell back to Europe.

Nor not wanting the world to have its vaccine and poor countries have to buy it.

You tell me.

There are some fundamental errors here in how you determine NATO as some potential sovereign force when it isn't. NATO is not a US military arm, it cannot go to war and take everyone else with it. Just for a start NATO has not intervened or entered into any conflict without a UN security resolution.

The fundamental question here is do you side with a country like Ukraine which is facing uncalled aggression or do you side with allowing Russia to unilaterally decide to invade another nation in Europe using force? NATO and world governments have decided to support Ukraine, it has nothing to do with the US.

When you talk of western imperialism you have to consider that empire building doesn't usually involve choice yet the most fundamental aspect of NATO membership is choice. Finland and Sweden are the most recent to unilaterally decide to join but that isn't to buy into US influence but rather because they quite justifiably fear Russian aggression.

Whether you're anti-war or CND is irrelevant, having those views will not prevent bad people from doing bad things as is happening in Ukraine. You cannot tell Putin to stop being naughty in the UN because he will laugh in your face and that has been Russian foreign policy since they themselves started the Ukraine war nearly 10 years ago.

This is why the possession of nuclear weapons is critical, unlike others we have the resources and technology to protect ourselves and others for the right reasons. So why wouldn't we do it? Why should we not work together to protect ourselves and our friends from harm? That's ultimately what NATO is.

I'm not sure of your views but any protest should be aimed at Russia right now and not NATO or the armed forces who right this second now are potentially risking their lives to protect you. If Russia goes any further then it will be them dying for us and our way of life (again).
Tbf if Russia goes any further we'll probably all die. Fingers crossed we can contain it as a proxy war within the bounds of Ukraine.

It doesn't to the contrary either, does it? Should it have US trucks that break down or sign posts saying where it is that can't be picked up in stock footage? Your point means nothing either if that's the case.

We don't know why the US does what it does as you or I are not privy to why the US do favourable regime change or buy oil/ smuggle oil and refine it to sell back to Europe.

Nor not wanting the world to have its vaccine and poor countries have to buy it.

You tell me.

So let's just sum this up.

You think that the USA is secretly and illegally smuggling an infinitesimally small amount of oil out of Syria because Bashar Al-Assad's state news network (which has a history of lying) says they are, despite there being zero evidence of this.

And your reasoning is 'there's no proof they aren't doing it' and 'we don't know what the US does or doesn't do'

And the you just throw in something about vaccines as a distraction.

If they wanted poor countries to buy the vaccine, they probably shouldn't have donated 1.1Billion doses to third world countries...

nY7exZZ.png

So let's just sum this up.

You think that the USA is secretly and illegally smuggling an infinitesimally small amount of oil out of Syria because Bashar Al-Assad's state news network (which has a history of lying) says they are, despite there being zero evidence of this.

And your reasoning is "there's no proof they aren't doing it" and "we don't know what the US does or doesn't do".

And the you just throw in something about vaccines as a distraction.

Let me put it this way, if Biden says he's going to blow up a gas line and it happens and then it's denied, did it happen?

Let me put it this way, if Biden says he's going to blow up a gas line and it happens and then it's denied, did it happen?

No, lets not run off to your next little conspiracy. Stand still and actually answer the rebuttals to your bullshit that people put to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.