Nedum Onuoha noooooooooooooooo!!!

BringBackSwales said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Surely this is bullshit?

I think Hughes is useless, but even I don't think he is THAT stupid?

tbh he saw nothing in Danny Syurridge either (the kid is greedy and deluded but also good) and think about it, Stevie I is the only likely first eleven starter this season who will not be a Hughes buy - he seems to like his own men playing so maybe Ned doesnt fit cos of that?

Whatever you say I think the exact reverse and then agree

Look
I know I'm probably just showng my ignorance here but isn't it a fact that Lesott is a LEFT SIDED central defender a fookin major issue here??

We have conceded god knows how many goals over the last 2 to 3 seasons down our left flank (and sitting in 121 you get plenty of analysis data...FFS).

One reason is that the tracking back down our left flank has been abysmal.

2nd reason: any attacker will be able to exploit the defensive gap in a static back 4 in the channel between a left-sided left back (without cover) and a right sided 'left' centre half. that's schoolboy stuff ....

I don't want to lose Ned, but the fact of the matter is that at top level , proven Prem left sided centre halves are rarer than hen's teeth..

Please correct me on all points factual and technical.

Nobody's saying they don't want Lescott. But a swap with Ned is not the way to go about getting him.

Spindash said:
Nobody's saying they don't want Lescott. But a swap with Ned is not the way to go about getting him.

I guess I was just reflecting upon 'market forces' (i.e. there are far more class right sided centre halves about than left sided ones, a fact which Gollum is probably aware of and is exploiting to the full.)

He knows that lescott's head has been turned and is shrewd enough to have spotted our best defensive talent as swap-fare.

I think Lescott would be a good addition to the squad, but any deal involving Onuoha shouldn't be considered. In fact, I don't think it will be. The owners have been quick to emphasise the importance of home grown players, and Nedum is obviously one of those. I still see him as a future captain of the club. We will get Lescott eventually if we keep upping the bid, but not at the expense of losing either Onuoha or Richards. They can, however, have Jo.

I can't believe that this thread has got over 20 pages....its a shit rumour about one of our brightest prospects.

Hughes will NOT sell Nedum, can we move on and talk about something positive now.......like our f*cking amazing front line!!!? ;)

Nedum should be provided on loan to everton for a year with no option of buying. That will give them enough time to find a defender and he should get about 25 guaranteed starts in his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.