Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

He played at centre back for both Sunderland and QPR and the majority of his games for City was at centre half.
“Though Onuoha's natural position is centre-half, manager Kevin Keeganinitially played him at right back with the intention of improving his passing ability.”

He played both.

I think it is, as much as anything, because he is better equipped than others to advocate the case for City in the media in a way that is both considered and articulate.

Given what we have to endure from and within the sports media, and the fact he is better placed to tackle that than any other former player, the way he is regarded by City fans is entirely proportionate.
Back and forth there because I wanted to like the post again my friend.

“Though Onuoha's natural position is centre-half, manager Kevin Keeganinitially played him at right back with the intention of improving his passing ability.”

He played both.
I didn`t say he didn`t. I said he played the majority of his games at centre half, something which Nedum stated at the meeting. He also played in midfield but the bulk of his games was at centre back and he was a regular in that position when playing at England level/s.

He does divide opinion.
Some, me included, a
venerate and worship at his altar. He was the catalyst for all we have now. Changed the mindset from “let’s make top four” to “let’s win the fucking thing.”
Players like Nedum were cast asunder, and rightly so. He had no time for second rate.
He was a firebrand, and he was a winner. Fucking love him.

I agree the team outgrew his ability. (Nedum).
Where we may differ is that I believe the club treat players with respect much more now. There is a quality which is inherent within, something Mancini was incapable of. But is now a part of the clubs philosophy.
Just because a player doesn't play at City doesn't make them second rate. I have respect for any player who has a professional career.

He played at centre back for both Sunderland and QPR and the majority of his games for City was at centre half.
All the key games he played for city were at right back from what I remember, and he was a right back at Sunderland when he scored the wonder goal v Chelsea.

Mancini ended the 35 year drought (and the 44 year title drought), and has earned his place in our history. He will never be forgotten. As a people person, though, he seems (repeat for the hard of hearing, SEEMS*) to have left a bit to be desired. IIRC quite a few of the behind the scenes staff at the club (chefs, laundry, groundstaff etc) were not broken hearted to see him go. I suppose the old saying about breaking eggs to make omelettes comes to mind.

*I said "seems" as I wasn't around the club at the time and can't verify how he was as a person away from the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.