Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

He was a superb CEO and understood us as fans and understood this club, he was and is sadly missed, I would love to have him as CEO of MCFC and Ferran as CEO of CFG.
Whilst I agree with the above I think we can all agree that Cook messed up big time with his taunting of Nedum"s mother and therefore had to be fired for it.

I like both Nedum and Richards as pundits.I do not see why you have to like only one and not the other.
Both different but both good for the Blue perspective.
I love the Richards,Lineker and Shearer programmes in the IPlayer.Great entertainment.
Funny enough he replaced Wright and is doing a better job than him.

You obviously never saw Nedum play did you ?? Paul Dickov wasn`t the greatest player I`ve ever seen but by fuck his heart was/is in the right place with his City connection just like Nedums does.
Before you start spouting shit it would benefit your grey matter to go along to a local Branch Meeting when Nedum was on and lets see if you come out with the same crap afterwards.
You claim you don`t see anything special in what he does for the club. He travels hundreds and hundreds of miles a year going to Branch Meetings and does NOT get paid either by the club nor the Branches so I suggest you wind your fucking neck in and lay off the lad.
You obviously have more than a dislike for the lad, but whatever it is, you don`t come over as a true Blue.
Hi Nedum x

Whatever it is, I don’t see what he did/is doing for the club anywhere near proportionate to the amount of love he gets from City fans.
I think it is, as much as anything, because he is better equipped than others to advocate the case for City in the media in a way that is both considered and articulate.

Given what we have to endure from and within the sports media, and the fact he is better placed to tackle that than any other former player, the way he is regarded by City fans is entirely proportionate.

I do wonder if we were not so successful would Micha still support us so much?

You could apply that to pretty much all the ex players who are now rent-a-quote City diehards. Always available for a chat with City TV or a spot at City Square pre match.

I don’t blame them. You go where the money is. Same across the board. 99% of players who’ve played for multiple clubs, have a special affinity with the biggest club they’ve played for, where there might be a drink in it for them.

I do like him but on ESPN FC he sits on the fence too much.

He has a bad habit of pulling apart every question and turning it around on the host.

Sometimes that’s really good, other times the host just wants you to agree a defender is in bad form so they can move on to the next bit of discussion about how they fix that or the other team exploits it, and instead Nedum takes them on a 5 minute detour about what the phrase “bad form”really means.

I do think he’s got a lot of potential as a pundit though and he’s a great representative of the club in the media.

You could apply that to pretty much all the ex players who are now rent-a-quote City diehards. Always available for a chat with City TV or a spot at City Square pre match.

I don’t blame them. You go where the money is. Same across the board. 99% of players who’ve played for multiple clubs, have a special affinity with the biggest club they’ve played for, where there might be a drink in it for them.
Yeah truesay, it's work to an ex-player but it's only natural that they will become fans through pride in a turnaround story they were part of, and if we were still getting tonked at third tier grounds there just wouldn't be the same opportunities for players to talk about City. There wouldn't be a City plus and there wouldn't be a City Square.

Whole point of success is that it grows a club and deepens connections with it. I doubt we'd have been as resilient a club and as a big a fanbase as we were through the trials of the 80s and 90s if we hadn't had the Mercer-Allison years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.