Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

Making fun of someone dying is absolutely disgusting.

And whether the email was accidentally sent to Nedum's mum or not, it’s not an excuse.

I can’t imagine Cook would have welcomed it, if the boot was on the other foot.
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, you're absolutely fucking spot on.

Some City fans seem to regard him very highly for some reason. I don’t really see it. There are definitely some serious Nedum fan boys on here who won’t hear a bad word said about him.

Best just either leave them to it and not ruin their Nedum love in. That or compare him to Cafu in his prime and ask where we should put the Nedum statue.
You accuse Oakie of struggling to accept opposing views on a forum and yet your reaction to this thread seems extremely strong. Why does a blues love of Nedum get you so angry?

I’ve mentioned this before but a few years back (peps first season, maybe Pellegrini’s last) I bumped into Gary Cook and his mate just having a few pints in Summerbees. Lovely down to earth bloke who understood and genuinely gave a shit about the regular fans, more so than the current board will ever do in a million years no matter how brilliant the football is these days.
He was a superb CEO and understood us as fans and understood this club, he was and is sadly missed, I would love to have him as CEO of MCFC and Ferran as CEO of CFG.

You really can't blame Nedum for being upset with Cook, and Cook's behaviour over this affair didn't exactly place him in a good light. He had to resign (but there was a suspicion that this suited him).

But there was more to this than is realised. My memory is a little hazy on the exact sequence but I got involved by accident as I think I was a mod at the time and a poster (who was a good pal of Nedum's) put up some personal information about himself and the goings on that I didn't think he should have. So I contacted him and got the whole story (as he told it).

The offending email had actually been sent a year before the story broke and when you realise that, you realise there was more to it than a simple email going to the wrong person. Ned's family were very friendly with the Wright-Philips's, so Ian Wright knew Ned's late mum.

At the time the email was originally sent, Ian Wright was trying to get SWP a new contract at City so had no interest in rocking the boat. But once those talks broke down a year later, and it was clear there wouldn't be a new contract, he passed the story onto the media. He denied he'd been paid but I believe he was. However I also believe he passed it on to Mrs Onuoha, so he didn't benefit from it directly.

Anyway, the background got passed to the club and suddenly it all went quiet. I have some sympathy for Cook, who presumably pressed 'Reply all' instead of 'Reply' to Marwood's forwarding of the email from Mrs Onuoha, but his attempts to wriggle out of it, instead of just admitting his mistake and apologising, sealed his fate. You may well think Ian Wright's part in this was a little cynical or you might think it was entirely justified. I can see both viewpoints and tend to think it was a bit of both.
100% this.

Ian Wright is an utter c**t always has and always will be.

There are definitely some serious Nedum fan boys on here who won’t hear a bad word said about him.

Sort of like the Mancini fan boys who start to unravel anytime someone brings up the fact that the bloke is a bit of a prick.

You've spent a long time in this thread trying to convince everyone that Nedum deserves to be looked down upon by City fans, mostly for not being a particularly important player for us. It says more about your priorities than anything else and suggests you're an awful judge of character.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.