Nedum Onuoha

Prestwich_Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
And I do think that Mancini can be, and is, as arrogant as I am suggesting. It will be a much harsher enviroment going forward and a certain level of player will not survive long within it. Tevez, in my opinion, needed to be reminded that he was not bigger than the club and that City are not here for his convenience. I think City have marked Tevez's card in this respect.
This Tevez that needs putting in his place and might not survive in our new, harsher, winning environment.

Would that be the Carlos Tevez that has, among other honours, two Premiership title medals, a Champions League winning medal, an Olympic Gold Medal, has won championships and cups in Argentina & Brazil?

You are mixing up two separate points. The first being the harsher enviroment. The second being that Tevez needed his card marked. I have no doubt that Tevez can operate within a winning enviroment which the club needs to create. I will also correct your 'Tevez needs putting in his place' to 'Tevez has been put in his place'. And rightly so.

BobKowalski said:
And I do think that Mancini can be, and is, as arrogant as I am suggesting. It will be a much harsher enviroment going forward and a certain level of player will not survive long within it. Tevez, in my opinion, needed to be reminded that he was not bigger than the club and that City are not here for his convenience. I think City have marked Tevez's card in this respect.

Wow, if we disagreed before, we're practically on different planets now. You are talking about the Carlos Tevez who was our player of the season, who scored more goals for us in one season in the top flight, than our entire front forward line of the past decade had managed to plunder? This same Tevez who has won it all already, from the premiership to the CL? The same Tevez who played with the kind of commitment all season that put everyone else to shame?

But yes, I can see why he needed his card marking. After all, he had the temerity to suggest that the Italian hadn't had any particular impact upon his form...

Didsbury Dave and his insider info. Just happens to know multiple City players and bump into them all on seperate occassions, since they obviously don't all hang out together outside of 'work' do they? Loads of nationalities, many have only been here a year or two....but Big Dave is in with them all.

Unless of course he's hearing his info 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand and we all know what happens to info that comes from that route.

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:

Wow, if we disagreed before, we're practically on different planets now. You are talking about the Carlos Tevez who was our player of the season, who scored more goals for us in one season in the top flight, than our entire front forward line of the past decade had managed to plunder? This same Tevez who has won it all already, from the premiership to the CL? The same Tevez who played with the kind of commitment all season that put everyone else to shame?

But yes, I can see why he needed his card marking. After all, he had the temerity to suggest that the Italian hadn't had any particular impact upon his form...

So should any player be allowed to question the manager with impunity in the public then mate?

Didsbury Dave said:
ST Coleridge said:
He wants to bum Mark Hughes, you see.

I'll ignore the childishness because it's amusing when the canonisers of Saint Bob bring this in.

I thought Hughes was a dick and was vocal about that. Do you realise it's possible to think both were poor appointments? Or is that more than you can cope with?

I was right about him...let's see about His Holiness, shall we?
gr8, more interested in being right instead of hoping you're wrong for the good of the club.

BillyShears said:
sweep said:
Fully agree, he obviously doesn't figure in the manager's plans to goes on national TV to stick the knife in, very helpful to the club you claim to love, well played Ned.

If Lescot has sanctioned those comments then he's a cock too. For your information Jolene I don't expect our manager to field a half fit player over a fully fit one in an important game, he's here to do his best for Manchester City, not individual players and certainly not for the english national side.

It still makes me laugh that I called Mancini the Italian, and PB called him Mafia Bob, and we got slated to high heaven and back.

Yet calling out players who have been at the club all their careers is a-okay.

That's neither something I accept or agree with.

What on earth are you talking about? Ned is being criticised for his actions, something he chose to do and something he had control over. When you call him The Italian you are being slightly disrespectful (I know you say you're not but it is patently obvious that you are using it as a term of no endearment, so to speak) about Mancini's nationality which is something he has no control over. The two things are just not comparable. That said, I don't actually find you calling him The Italian offensive, I find it a bit silly but no more than that. Once again I notice you didn't address my point though. Does Lescott approving those comments mean the criticism is automatically justified. You have implied that it does, I would suggest that that isn't necessarily the case at all.

ST Coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I didn't say they dislike him en masse.

And I qualified that further down my post by saying I do not know that to be the case.

Read it again.

We're going round in circles now.

Followed swiftly by

Didsbury Dave said:
It appears I have to repeat myself time and time again.

I know for a fact that a number of players, and I gave 7 or 8 names earlier in this thread, are unhappy with him as a manager. I even gave reasons.

But having so many players unhappy, and a number of them prepared to go public about it, makes me very worried. And I am basing this information on private comments from players, not just the odd little titbit which keeps seeping out.

I wish I knew the playing staff.

Look up "en masse" in the dictionary and eat humble pie, sniper.

hahahahahahaha

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:

I am pleased that you notice Tevez's achievements in the game while refusing to acknowledge Mancini's.<br /><br />-- Wed May 19, 2010 3:15 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
This Tevez that needs putting in his place and might not survive in our new, harsher, winning environment.

Would that be the Carlos Tevez that has, among other honours, two Premiership title medals, a Champions League winning medal, an Olympic Gold Medal, has won championships and cups in Argentina & Brazil?

And you too PB.

BillyShears said:
but there's nothing Mancini can do in the closed season which is going to make him a better manager

Billy i think thats' a very short sighted view on things.....don't you think management aswell as players need time to settle and get adjusted to things?
Don't forget it's his first managerial job in this country and there a lot of differances that he needs to adjust to including style of play, language, media etc...
Would you have the same attitude if a player didn't perfrom in his first 5 months of being here from another country would you want him out?

Didsbury Dave said:
ST Coleridge said:
Followed swiftly by

I wish I knew the playing staff.

Look up "en masse" in the dictionary and eat humble pie, sniper.

hahahahahahaha

Something tells me I'm the more literate of this particular pairing, Dave.

This was a thread about Nedum Onuoha, but the tack was changed when the fault was laid at Mancini's door. Dave decided that the incident was evidence of a wider malaise. It's not, Dave. It's a squad player crying about not getting games - it really shouldn't scare you "to death", you melodramatic young lady.

You're using the Nedum interview to push a wider agenda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.