Nedum Onuoha

Can we all agree that sacking our manager after 6 months would be ridiculous? That our manager needs to be given time to do his job and that we don't really want to be going down the QPR path of how to run a football club?

One of the problems with having so much money is that you can never settle with something. Say you bought a great new car and after 5 months you decided you hated it, if you were rich, you would never grow to like it and you'd just end up swapping it for a different car (cycle continues...).

If you were skint and bought a car and had doubts about it, you may eventually grow used to it and maybe even grow to love it over time, knowing you can't afford a new one for a good few years or so.

Because we've got so much money at City, if a player or manager has a bad performance, we're thinking we can just get rid and not give them a chance to settle and prove what they can do.

If the Sheik fucked off tomorrow and left us with Glazer style owners, I'm sure a lot of people who wouldn't shit it now, would be shitting it at the thought of Ireland, Mancini (to be replaced by John Barnes) and Adebayor leaving the club.

robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Wow, if we disagreed before, we're practically on different planets now. You are talking about the Carlos Tevez who was our player of the season, who scored more goals for us in one season in the top flight, than our entire front forward line of the past decade had managed to plunder? This same Tevez who has won it all already, from the premiership to the CL? The same Tevez who played with the kind of commitment all season that put everyone else to shame?

But yes, I can see why he needed his card marking. After all, he had the temerity to suggest that the Italian hadn't had any particular impact upon his form...

I am pleased that you notice Tevez's achievements in the game while refusing to acknowledge Mancini's.

-- Wed May 19, 2010 3:15 pm --

Prestwich_Blue said:
This Tevez that needs putting in his place and might not survive in our new, harsher, winning environment.

Would that be the Carlos Tevez that has, among other honours, two Premiership title medals, a Champions League winning medal, an Olympic Gold Medal, has won championships and cups in Argentina & Brazil?

And you too PB.

Mancini's creditable achievements are winning the Coppa Italia with Fiorentina, and the final scudetto he won. His record in the CL is average.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
I am pleased that you notice Tevez's achievements in the game while refusing to acknowledge Mancini's.

-- Wed May 19, 2010 3:15 pm --

[/b]

And you too PB.

Mancini's creditable achievements are winning the Coppa Italia with Fiorentina, and the final scudetto he won. His record in the CL is average.

Ok, you chose to ignore this...
his best management spell came at Internazionale where he won an Inter club record 3 consecutive Serie A titles, a European record 17 consecutive league game victories stretching nearly half-a-year, a record of 4 consecutive Coppa Italia finals whilst becoming Inter's most successful manager in 30 years
and I know your reasons why (although they are ridiculous IMO), but even so (and even by your own admittance) he has won 2 major trophies in less than 10 years. Stll a lot better than most is it not?

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
but there's nothing Mancini can do in the closed season which is going to make him a better manager

Billy i think thats' a very short sighted view on things.....don't you think management aswell as players need time to settle and get adjusted to things?
Don't forget it's his first managerial job in this country and there a lot of differances that he needs to adjust to including style of play, language, media etc...
Would you have the same attitude if a player didn't perfrom in his first 5 months of being here from another country would you want him out?

Firstly Dan, I absolutely do not want Mancini out, and have said that repeatedly. I also think, as I said earlier in the thread, that I genuinely believe that once he has his own players in, he will cut a more relaxed figure around the squad, and harmony will improve greatly. I also believe that as his English improves he'll be able to communicate better with some of the players who he's not connecting with at the moment (although I would hope that Kidd is picking up the slack).

However I was a little confused from your post because I think the implication was that something specific and quite major was going to happen in the summer to change our view of the gaffer, and I just don't see how anything other than winning matches could do that.

Hope that makes sense!

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
And I do think that Mancini can be, and is, as arrogant as I am suggesting. It will be a much harsher enviroment going forward and a certain level of player will not survive long within it. Tevez, in my opinion, needed to be reminded that he was not bigger than the club and that City are not here for his convenience. I think City have marked Tevez's card in this respect.

Wow, if we disagreed before, we're practically on different planets now. You are talking about the Carlos Tevez who was our player of the season, who scored more goals for us in one season in the top flight, than our entire front forward line of the past decade had managed to plunder? This same Tevez who has won it all already, from the premiership to the CL? The same Tevez who played with the kind of commitment all season that put everyone else to shame?

But yes, I can see why he needed his card marking. After all, he had the temerity to suggest that the Italian hadn't had any particular impact upon his form...

And yes despite all the heroics, the goals and excellent performances Tevez needed his card marking. And whats more it was judging by the sound of Tevez backtracking and Mancini's subsequent comments in the press.

But you guys know all this. You know perfectly well that if the club asks you to keep quiet in the week prior to the derby and you do a two page spread criticising the club's owners, the marketing dept and the manager then there will be consequences further down the line.

So lets stop raising our skirts in righteous indignation in the belief that St Carlos is immune from the rules that govern the players behaviour.

ST Coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Look up "en masse" in the dictionary and eat humble pie, sniper.

hahahahahahaha

Something tells me I'm the more literate of this particular pairing, Dave.

This was a thread about Nedum Onuoha, but the tack was changed when the fault was laid at Mancini's door. Dave decided that the incident was evidence of a wider malaise. It's not, Dave. It's a squad player crying about not getting games - it really shouldn't scare you "to death", you melodramatic young lady.

You're using the Nedum interview to push a wider agenda.

I see you've looked it up and changed tack, mate ;-)

No further comment required.

Cheesy said:
BillyShears said:

So should any player be allowed to question the manager with impunity in the public then mate?
I guess that depends on whether or not he likes the manager
BillyShears said:
Amazes me that people are prepared to forgive him the interview he gave in the week Hughes was off to see the good Sheikh. That is exactly the kind of mickey mouse instability which you would expect at a comedy club like Newcastle. There has to be a line which players don't cross when it comes to team selection, and the manager's authority. I like the fact that MH hasn't publicly bollocked Elano, and has simply said the matter has been dealt with.

Elano, again, after last week's game in Brazil was alluding to his inability to hold down a starting place at City. It's a shame, because you would think if he's as nice a guy as some are making out, he'd simply role out the "it's about the team, not about me" line. He could talk about it being a long season and the need for squad rotation.

Tevez did need his card marking. If you let the inmates run the asylum then you can never have long term success and stability.

sweep said:
Cheesy said:
So should any player be allowed to question the manager with impunity in the public then mate?
I guess that depends on whether or not he likes the manager
BillyShears said:
Amazes me that people are prepared to forgive him the interview he gave in the week Hughes was off to see the good Sheikh. That is exactly the kind of mickey mouse instability which you would expect at a comedy club like Newcastle. There has to be a line which players don't cross when it comes to team selection, and the manager's authority.

Good find ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.