Negredo

The underlying theme in this thread and the general reaction towards Negredo seem to be of pleasant surprise rather than shrewd and informed expectation. This ties in to the fact that most people in this forum secretly have real concerns about Negredo and so react this way after his cameo.

Negredo came through the academy at Madrid and it didn't work out for him on two occasions and he had not had the opportunity to play for another championship chasing or high profile club since then. So that is what this is- the profile of the player, which was not high enough until now that he signed for City.

Negredo is a great striker and has all the attributes to be finally recognized as really world class. His pace and strength usually overshadows the fact that his touch, technique, link up play and natural movement is also fantastic. What make me even more excited about this guy is the intangibles. He seems very professional and will always give 100% and not get involved with politics and mood or whatever mental, defensive mechanism, potrayal of discontent rubbish that some players in the club seem to get involved with. Negredo is a bona fide hard man and will not take rubbish from any body. He goes on to the pitch, gives 100% and does his job.

So what I'm saying is that the feeling towards Negredo should be that of expectation rather than apprehension because I find that quite condescending to a player that is definitely going to take the premier league by storm.... if given the chance.

I will definitely start him.

Blueband Brother said:
The underlying theme in this thread and the general reaction towards Negredo seem to be of pleasant surprise rather than shrewd and informed expectation. This ties in to the fact that most people in this forum secretly have real concerns about Negredo and so react this way after his cameo.

Negredo came through the academy at Madrid and it didn't work out for him on two occasions and he had not had the opportunity to play for another championship chasing or high profile club since then. So that is what this is- the profile of the player, which was not high enough until now that he signed for City.

Negredo is a great striker and has all the attributes to be finally recognized as really world class. His pace and strength usually overshadows the fact that his touch, technique, link up play and natural movement is also fantastic. What make me even more excited about this guy is the intangibles. He seems very professional and will always give 100% and not get involved with politics and mood or whatever mental, defensive mechanism, potrayal of discontent rubbish that some players in the club seem to get involved with. Negredo is a bona fide hard man and will not take rubbish from any body. He goes on to the pitch, gives 100% and does his job.

So what I'm saying is that the feeling towards Negredo should be that of expectation rather than apprehension because I find that quite condescending to a player that is definitely going to take the premier league by storm.... if given the chance.

You clearly know more about the player than I do; where does your knowledge come from? It was clear from his goal scoring record that he could not be a poor player, with only Ronaldo and Messi ahead of him in the scoring charts in Spain.

His physique suggests that he is a strong player but his pace and touch surprised me.

oldius said:
Blueband Brother said:

You clearly know more about the player than I do; where does your knowledge come from?

How else can you know about a player, apart from watching him.

Sorry Blueband, I was really asking if you were a follower of the Spanish game, Sevilla or a Spanish resident who is able to attend live matches.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm not normally given to wild, unsubstantiated predictions, but I've got a weird feeling he's going to score a vital goal in the Derby in September.

it's too specific a vision for it not to be true

oldius said:
Sorry, I was really asking if you were a follower of the Spanish game, Sevilla or a Spanish resident who is able to attend live matches.

No problem.

Yes, no and no and the yes is a part yes because I cant claim to be an avid follower of the spanish game. But like many I do watch a lot of la liga games on TV. Negredo is a player that always impressed me every time I watched him play but it always goes straight into the subconscious, the back of my mind so to speak because he was not really a high profile player. At almeria and Sevilla and the few times he has played for Spain, he has really impressed and I believe he will become a cult hero for City.

cityfan41 said:
Can we fit Jovetic, Aguero, and Negredo into the same side. I mean will it
work?.

Silva--Aguero--Jovetic
--------Negredo

Not bad....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.