Negredo

JOGAMIGMOG said:
EVERY single striker that's ever played the game goes through spells where they can't hit a barn door and generally look shite. It's a confidence position; when you're full of it the goals fly in from everywhere and the Beast has proven that he can score goals. Once his confidence and touch returns, voila! so will the goals. Doesn't help that he's carried an injury for a bit.
True

And I think Dzeko and Negredo and Jovetic would look twice as good alongside Aguero

When you have 75% of the ball as we did yesterday, but you have a 10 man defence behind the ball, you need a player to make little runs off the central striker. That man is Aguero

The minute Aguero returns, Negredo and Dzeko will spark back into life

The other way around dealing with it, is to play one of them centrally, and then put an extra man in midfield and get Yaya, or Nasri bombing forward

Marvin said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
EVERY single striker that's ever played the game goes through spells where they can't hit a barn door and generally look shite. It's a confidence position; when you're full of it the goals fly in from everywhere and the Beast has proven that he can score goals. Once his confidence and touch returns, voila! so will the goals. Doesn't help that he's carried an injury for a bit.
True

And I think Dzeko and Negredo and Jovetic would look twice as good alongside Aguero

When you have 75% of the ball as we did yesterday, but you have a 10 man defence behind the ball, you need a player to make little runs off the central striker. That man is Aguero

The other way around dealing with it, is to play one of them centrally, and then put an extra man in midfield and get Yaya, or Nasri bombing forward

Agree entirely , against teams like Stoke it would make sense to play that extra midfielder, so yesterday just play Navas for Negrado/Dzeko and push Nasri and Silva more central. That said if Dzeko had knocked a second in we would probably think otherwise.

At the end of yesterday the 3pts was all that mattered, it was like Crystal Palace all over again.

Newtoncc said:
Marvin said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
True

Agree entirely , against teams like Stoke it would make sense to play that extra midfielder, so yesterday just play Navas for Negrado/Dzeko and push Nasri and Silva more central. That said if Dzeko had knocked a second in we would probably think otherwise.

At the end of yesterday the 3pts was all that mattered, it was like Crystal Palace all over again.
You can tell the season is ramping up. The pressure is mounting, as there's no room for mistakes. But we dealt with it

And with just Nastasic out we're in the best shape we've been in for some while. Crucial win.

Gypsy Jim said:
So with Jovetic injured again and Aguero recovering from injury (who probably won't be fully match fit till Wigan in FA cup) and Negredo and Dzeko out of form and they also can't play together, we are effectively screwed for the Capital Cup Final.

Are you fishing or just stupid?

It's my fault the second I put him in my dream team it was all over for him and I've got previous my last brainwave was to replace hart with Lloris the day before we put 6 passed him dohh,

A cameo from Sergio in the final will give the whole team a lift. Win the cup and it will put a spring in the step of all the players as well. The Wigan game should hopefully give the strikers a chance to rediscover their scoring touch as well, all of which will set us up nicely for the run in.

He's had to sacrifice his normal positions on the pitch to accommodate Dzeko and this has affected his goal scoring opportunities. Can't wait to see Aguero back and normal service resumed.

I'd like to have Negredo back. This doppelgänger who has been playing in his place for the last few weeks is pretty poor.

For all we praise the lad and he is great don't get me wrong but in the league where it really counts he's only on 9 and only two ahead of dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.