Negredo

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
davymcfc said:
Damocles said:
This is the first time since 2008 that we have purposely weakened our squad and I'm not sure why. To me, this is one of those ones that will come back to haunt us given a long European season.

The possibility that Aguero and Jovetic will both get injured at the same time is realistic given their recent injury records and this would leave us overplaying one striker. A little worried about this one, I understand that we need to move people on for the purposes of bringing through young players but this has just left a big hole in our squad and none of our young players are even close to ready to filling it.

A confusing move from Txiki.
Totally agree, unless there is a plan in January to bring someone in. As I said in another thread, we haven't made a big name signing since txiki has arrived. I understand that it isn't all about getting "big" names but I certainly feel like he is trying to find bargains while the rest of our rivals are bringing in true quality. Just look who Real Madrid, barca, Chelsea have all signed in the past couple of seasons. To me it looks like FFP is really hampering our activity.
No "marquee" signings but still managed to win more domestic trophies than any other side in Europe last season.

Stop worrying what stellar names others are bringing in. They have done that because they had to. I believe we already had the majority stellar names in the league already. They are playing catch up, not overtaking us.

As for Negredo, he was great first half of the season and then didn't feature at all for what ever reason. If we had kept him, he wouldn't really have been match fit until winter anyhows.

Kippaxgirl said:
I was very sorry to see Negrado leave for Valencia and that garbage about him not kissing the badge is a load of crap. I understand the business side of things when City was offered 24 million pounds for an injured 29-year-old but I really like his direct play and the way he linked up well with Sergio. I do hope he has a successful time at Valencia and their stupid fans.

Same here, I just can't believe we didn't replace him. The link up play with Aguero as you mentioned will be missed. It is a huge gamble, it was good money but we are weaker this year because of it, especially with the injury records of Jovetic and Aguero.

Damocles said:
This is the first time since 2008 that we have purposely weakened our squad and I'm not sure why. To me, this is one of those ones that will come back to haunt us given a long European season.

The possibility that Aguero and Jovetic will both get injured at the same time is realistic given their recent injury records and this would leave us overplaying one striker. A little worried about this one, I understand that we need to move people on for the purposes of bringing through young players but this has just left a big hole in our squad and none of our young players are even close to ready to filling it.

They are down playing iheanacho for obvious reasons, ones which will become apparent when he signs officially.... City have invested upwards of £200m on the new academy/training facilities, the representative of this, however meek, is iheanacho, he has been one of the most sought after youth players in world football, we have him, it isn't the guidetti's, Mohammed abus, or razak's of this world, it's genuinely a kid who is not only ready now, but recognised as ready by the hierarchy...... Vinny off the record believes him to be a superstar in the making....

Watch this space!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Damocles said:

They are down playing iheanacho for obvious reasons, ones which will become apparent when he signs officially.... City have invested upwards of £200m on the new academy/training facilities, the representative of this, however meek, is iheanacho, he has been one of the most sought after youth players in world football, we have him, it isn't the guidetti's, Mohammed abus, or razak's of this world, it's genuinely a kid who is not only ready now, but recognised as ready by the hierarchy...... Vinny off the record believes him to be a superstar in the making....

Watch this space!!!

So, would you say the rumours of him joining NYCFC have no substance?

Rolee said:
Damocles said:

Watch this space!!!

I'd say they're making contingencies re:work permits etc, if he gets 1, which I believe he will, they'll throw him in!!!

When we get the money next year ,this transfer will beat the money Chelsea paid for Shaun Wright Phillips . Nice to see us a make a profit on a player for a change . To be honest though i think we have weakened are team selling him .

Rolee said:

Watch this space!!!

I'd say they're making contingencies re:work permits etc, if he gets 1, which I believe he will, they'll throw him in!!!

he looks good and reminds me a bit of sturridge with his style of play (hopefully not the greedy attitude).....must be very promising if they are willing to throw him into the first team squad......anytime line on this...are they waiting till he is 18 and when is that?

simon23 said:
Rolee said:

he looks good and reminds me a bit of sturridge with his style of play (hopefully not the greedy attitude).....must be very promising if they are willing to throw him into the first team squad......anytime line on this...are they waiting till he is 18 and when is that?

He's not been added to the squad list of scholars and contracts so he wont be playing until January at the earliest

Rolee said:

Watch this space!!!

Interesting.

I have been hugely impressed by what I have seen so far and, if he really is a star in the making, he should be good enough to be 4th choice striker now.

dasblues said:
simon23 said:

He's not been added to the squad list of scholars and contracts so he wont be playing until January at the earliest

because he hasn't signed a contract yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.