Negredo's outside left foot

Me and my pal said at the time why didn't he blast it, that of course before the keeper fumbled it and it went in. He undoubtedly has brilliant technique with the outside of his foot, but on that occasion it was a strange technique to use, and the goal is basically down to 'keeper error, though it's hard to take anything away from the player because he's pretty much all-round awesome.

Funny reading some of the views on this thread, shows how blinkered fans of their own team are! He was trying to curl it into the top corner round the keeper which would have been a great finish, but he ballsed it up completely. Maybe the keeper was caught out by him mis-kicking it but the blame has to lie with the keeper for that. Too much power some have said!?! Hu curled it with the outside of his boot hardly blasted it!

Now the bit of skill where he did about 4 drag backs then played a great ball, that was class. His goal was very fortunate in my opinion.

Fuck it he just won us the game FFS !!!!!

Imagine if it was messi, ronaldo, neymar, etc who scored that goal am sure people would keep screaming about it !

True_Blue69 said:
Funny reading some of the views on this thread, shows how blinkered fans of their own team are! He was trying to curl it into the top corner round the keeper which would have been a great finish, but he ballsed it up completely. Maybe the keeper was caught out by him mis-kicking it but the blame has to lie with the keeper for that. Too much power some have said!?! Hu curled it with the outside of his boot hardly blasted it!

Now the bit of skill where he did about 4 drag backs then played a great ball, that was class. His goal was very fortunate in my opinion.

Misshit it my arse, unless you're counting his cross to Milner the other day as a misshit as well.
What he did was bamboozle the keeper with his unexpectedly early, powerful, swerving shot.

Great goal, great game, great hangover.

Whitefield Blue said:
OJ Blue said:
Whitefield Blue said:
Deary me. I'm not getting into a slanging match but seriously, that's a clueless comment. I've heard it all now.

Negredo DOES get the credit - I.e. he is awarded the goal but it was most certainly NOT a great strike.

I'll take any goal, scored in any way. I don't care if it goes in off Negredo's arse but don't pretend the goal is something that it isn't FFS.

You've never played the game have you?

The swerve caused by striking the ball with the outside of the foot, helped him score the goal, it confused the keeper; clearly.

Deary me. I know perfectly well that he struck the ball with the outside of his foot thus causing the ball to swerve.

I also know that he was aiming to put the ball into the corner to Mignolet's left, starting the ball outside the post and bringing it back in. (Un)fortunately he mishit it slightly and it went straight at the keeper instead.

It's not me who appears to have never played the game here.

Righto, if he gets the ball on target around that height, with the right pace.....crucially; with enough spin it'll be a goal more often than not. The Beast meant every bit of it and no amount of negativity that you always add to City performances will convince me otherwise.

stonerblue said:
True_Blue69 said:

Misshit it my arse, unless you're counting his cross to Milner the other day as a misshit as well.
What he did was bamboozle the keeper with his unexpectedly early, powerful, swerving shot.

Great goal, great game, great hangover.

Im not saying he didnt mean to hit it with the outside of the boot, he loves that move and is one of the best I've seen at it. All Im saying is he meant to put it in the corner not straight down the middle. In hindsight the fact it went down the middle may have been the reason it went in as the keeper had already began to commit. Id take that goal every week if it gets us the points!!

DenMcG said:
Not once has his goal been shown head on - could it be that there was some swerve on it that caught the goalie out

Yes the ball swerved but Mignolet should have stood up and caught it with two hands. I am just glad that he didn't.

Over the moon it went in but i think it was a poor finish, with the whole of the net to aim at he puts it straight at the keeper. Great player but very fortunate goal.

It was a weird shot.

Looked like a chip to me, but never seen a chip hit that hard. No wonder the keeper couldn't keep it out. Mingolet was probably wondering what he had just seen

Great finish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.