Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m asking Southgate for this weekends lottery numbers. He’s a jammy ****.
Agree but if you can't be a good manager be a lucky one !

England's games have been like watching ManUre in the FA Cup this season. Poor team somehow manages to fluke win after win.

With that sort of luck England's name must be on the Cup, Bellingham will win the Ballon D'Or ,Waistcoat and 'arry will get knighthoods.

Get ready for the media frenzy.

Probably the only 45 minutes of this tournament that England has played a team that gave them an inch of space. Give them the opportunity and they can, and will, play attacking football, Netherlands changed their tactics second half and England looked lacklustre again.
Be interesting to see how Spain approach the game, they appear to be naturally attacking and at times looked susceptible against France so maybe England will be able to exploit that. It probably helps that when we played Italy we were expected to win and should have won, this time it’s pretty much the opposite.
Walker seems to be coming in for some criticism (again) for his performance last night. Personally I thought he played pretty well and made some important defensive contributions.

Always curious to understand what the phrase "it's coming home" actually means?
We haven't won anything since 1966, most people on this forum would not have been born.
Are we implying the trophy or football itself. I've never understood the song.
English arrogance at it's finest.

Always curious to understand what the phrase "it's coming home" actually means?
We haven't won anything since 1966, most people on this forum would not have been born.
Are we implying the trophy or football itself. I've never understood the song.

I took it as it, the World Cup, is coming home when that shite song was released. We’ve won it before so that makes sense.

We’ve never won this one though so fuck knows how that’s coming home.

I've always understood it as meaning that Britain was where the modern form of world football was codified, i.e. Association Football, in the nineteenth century. (Some form of football has been played since the Middle Ages, often between villages where deaths were not uncommon and games could go on for several days, roaming over hill and dale).
I've always disliked that song, and I'm not one jot anti-England, always pleased when they win, pace @BlueHammer85 . By the way, don't abandon the forum, mate, some of us like the threads you organise in Off Topic very much; and keep on supporting Southgate, since you believe in him. Some of the criticism of him has been way over the top at times. I don't think he's much cop tactically, but I wouldn't want to fight anyone over it. I'd be happy to buy you a beer or two down the pub and hear you out over it.

Oh, and most national team songs are pretty shit, in my opinion. Appealing to the lowest common denominator, singularly lacking in humour. Like modern nationalism in its political form, in fact.

Mainoo was superb tonight . Hate giving rags credit but he’s no nonsense , keeps the game ticking , timely interceptions, full of energy and no ego and fully grounded (unlike a certain number 10) he would fit in nice in a pep team .
The adulation Bellingham gets is unreal , done nothing of note tonight and is still lauded yet Foden is judged by a quiet 2nd half in which the team has fell flat and in turn hindering him
Mainoo also has a great connection on the pitch with Phil. Perhaps it's some sort of Stockport thing! He was much better than Bellingham last night.

Trippier would get roasted and, like he did yesterday, be out of position and stunt the attack. Against Spain, we won't be able to build through the middle so we can't limit ourselves to only having 1 attacking flank
Shaw caused more problems than it solved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.