Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kane kicked Dumfries, the decision was laughable and the subsequent yellow card just complete embarrassment.

Major penalty decision aside, the officials gave England absolutely everything. The corner decision and the "foul" on Saka which indirectly led to the winning goal summed it all up.
I wonder why you think that :-D :-D :-D
Dumfries followed through on Kane on the top of his foot with his studs after the ball had gone Not getting a touch on the ball.
Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul and a booking.
That said, I've never seen a challenge like that given in the box, ever. So it came as a surprise to me.
England were by far the better side though so it was a deserved win.
Watching Koeman make 3 changes to gradually shore up the centre of midfield to stop Foden was interesting. The space given elsewhere to England should have been exploited - sadly it wasn't.

Last edited:
In what way
It affective the balance and it made England worse and affected Phil's second half performance. That second half wasn't comfortable for England. On the otherside of the coin Watkins should be given the nod for the final and Manioo wasn't ignoring Phil (especially in the first half). I'll leave you to celebrate.

You know, the more you watch that Watkins goal, the better it looks. It's a complete no-look goal, from the moment when he starts his run. He's on the wrong side of the defender, swivelling through 180°, and he gets the angle spot on. Anywhere else, and the keeper's getting it. I take my hat off. I don't know if he was doing anything like that for Villa during the season, but I did notice that he was scoring in match after match for them. Probably a major reason why Villa qualified for the CL.
I'd have Watkins or even Toney on from the first minute against Spain. Southgate won't, though, not a chance(got to give Kane credit for a very well-taken penalty, though. It was the one thing he did in the entire match, but he did it well).
banged em in for fun at Villa

It affective the balance and it made England worse and affected Phil's second half performance. That second half wasn't comfortable for England. On the otherside of the coin Watkins should be given the nod for the final and Manioo wasn't ignoring Phil (especially in the first half). I'll leave you to celebrate.

How did it affect the balance, how did it make England worse, how did it affect Phil's performance?

How did it affect the balance, how did it make England worse, how did it affect Phil's performance?
England weren't that sharp in the second half with the change. Netherlands although not having much quality attacking wise were causing England problems. Again i'll leave you to cheerlead for England.

Always curious to understand what the phrase "it's coming home" actually means?
We haven't won anything since 1966, most people on this forum would not have been born.
Are we implying the trophy or football itself. I've never understood the song.
It comes from when the euros were held in England in '96. With us being the founder of the modern game and giving it to the world, it was sung about the game coming home (hence the line football' s coming home) Only later was it hijacked to mean the trophy was coming home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.