Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trippier is the better bet as Shaw hasn't played any meaningful football since February.

I'm torn on this. Bringing him on when you have fewer substitutions is quite risky. Starting him gives you the ability to take him off if you need to, and plan for it potentially. He helps the whole side have more balance by giving us the threat down the left, which unlocks the middle of the park as well.

I would expect Southgate to stick with Trippier though.

I also think Trippier's been fucking woeful. He's not a left back granted, but when he is attacked he's usually beaten and when he has the ball as a professional he should be able to use his left foot enough to pass the ball down the line and open things up.

But that's how it goes with International football. The defenders get an easy ride and the attacking players get slaughtered or overly praised.

I'm torn on this. Bringing him on when you have fewer substitutions is quite risky. Starting him gives you the ability to take him off if you need to, and plan for it potentially. He helps the whole side have more balance by giving us the threat down the left, which unlocks the middle of the park as well.

I also think Trippier's been fucking woeful. He's not a left back granted, but when he is attacked he's usually beaten and when he has the ball as a professional he should be able to use his left foot enough to pass the ball down the line and open things up.

But that's how it goes with International football. The defenders get an easy ride and the attacking players get slaughtered or overly praised.
A fully fit Shaw does get the nod but it is too risky to throw him in at this stage. The Netherlands attack isn't brilliant but they are still very tricky opponents which isn't the ideal game for a player who is lacking in match sharpness and fitness.

You win champions league finals because you have the world’s better players. The majority not English. I never mentioned that shitty infantile song about the RAF. But now that you mention it, it’s fucking classless.

You have done brilliantly for a very limited team. No question about that. My point is if you met anyone good your teams arses would be on their couch. You need to know that, if you don’t you know fuck all about football.
And you lot left the tournament as the biggest donkeys and an embarrassment. Talk about class - the way you come on an English football forum and act like you have done, right from your first days on bluemoon is classless. One of the biggest gobshites on the forum.

Quite looking forward to this one (any excuse for a piss-up)
Atmosphere over here last night was fucking amazing. Place is absolutely booming so hopefully the useless twat in charge flukes another one tonight because Sunday will be off the charts.
Flight early Monday morning so I’m expecting a hangover at the airport whatever the result!

To me Foden hasn’t been utilised properly. It looks like a group of good players who aren’t a cohesive unit. You do have players who can score goals out of nothing, but your overall play is just ineffective. Doesn’t flow. You look at the movement of Spain and they have it. Their players look better all over the pitch. They attack and defend as a unit, they have top class m, world class players who turned up. If you want to be labelled works class, you turn up. So to me they aren’t world class. Nowhere near it.

The brutal truth is so far, you have been, apart from us, obviously, the least attractive team to watch in the tourney. But, here you are in the semi. I honestly believe that if you don’t improve dramatically, Spain will mullah you.

Nobody will "mullah" England in this tournament

That's part of the problem in a way, It gives waistcoat the thought that we're hard to beat so we can try to nick games, rather than setting out to do a job on teams

Its not like Spain have been smashing everyone. They won their last two by a one goal margin. Same against Italy and Albania.

Teams may beat England, nobody is going to smash this England in a meaningful game. Say what you want about England, they're not easy to beat.

Of course anything can happen in football and any team can get smashed on the day. But it's a high probability that England won't be getting smashed off anybody, even if they lose

Even the Newcastle fans are shocked that trippier is starting for England , given the last half of the season he had

The Sun, an excuse for a news outlet producing more dogshit than a day at Battersea Dogs Home, AGAIN.
Here goes. So their darlings Saka, Bellingham and Rice performed in the first FOUR GAMES? And Harry Hotspur only struggled in the last game? What a bunch of whoppers.

"The Dutch play with a back four and England could revert to the 4-2-3-1 shape they used for the first four games of the Euros.

However, the back five brought the best out of stars like Bukayo Saka, Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice.

And it could yet be the best way for Harry Kane to regain his form after struggling in the quarters."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.