New City fan: what should I know?

BlueTG said:
dronefromsector7g said:
karen7 said:
Welcome to the fold
City never do it the easy way but it's always entertaining :)
Be nice to everyone,we are all blues although some seem to forget that
Every club has it's share of c**ts Karen.
The is two bouts of irony to be had in these posts.

;)
I'm sure I don't know what you mean

Falastur said:
Resurrection said:
So I've been hanging around here reading and throwing in some comments where I can, I've also watched the movie "Blue Moon Rising". As a new City supporter, what should I know?

Some background on me... I'm Canadian and (of course) love hockey. My grandparents on my Mothers side (Ukrainian) were displaced by WW2 and met in Manchester. It's there my Mom was born and just a few years later they sailed for Canada and a new life. So I feel an affinity for Manchester and couldn't see myself being a Reds fan (they seem like real spoiled brats to me). Now with our cable showing so many BPL matches I can actually choose a side and follow a club, which I think is far more fun than just following the league as a whole.

Oh and I also wonder too when they release the schedule each year for the Premiership, how many months in advance. I'm getting married next year and my fiancee has agreed to see a football match in Europe on our way to the honeymoon.

Premier League fixtures are always released in the middle of June, about two months before the season starts.

As for what you should know: I'm sure enough people will have their own things to say, but I think most here would agree that what has shaped us as City fans is our history. Read up on the club's history - all the stuff that happened before the takeover in 2008 - and bear in mind that, unlike the fans of most top clubs, we believe that our history in the times when we were not winning trophies is just as important, if not moreso, than remembering the cups we have lifted. If United or Liverpool ever went down to the third tier and struggled to get out of it again you can bet that their fans would be doing their best to forget it ever happened as soon as it was over, but I think most here would claim that the 1999 Play-off final was the most important match in our history, and one of our happiest moments as fans. Indeed, I think many would say that the club's roller-coaster history is one of the things which endears us as fans to the club that we support.

Excellent post. This sums us up. Prior to our recent success, we were proud of our club whatever division we were in. We definitely couldn't support them just because they won everything every year (although it's nice now to be doing that!!). We've a lot of moaners who criticise out players during the match but as someone else has said - nobody else is allowed to attack one of our players, especially the scum. We love to make it known to every bar we visit when on holiday, that we are BLUES and have always been BLUES unlike most of the 5 billion supposedly scum supporters who have only known football since the Premier League began. Welcome aboard and make sure every Canadian you now speak to, makes City their team.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
BlueTG said:
karen7 said:
Me neither
Whooosh. I'll leave it to lie.

Reverse whoosh i think you'll find BlueTG. They both knew exactly what you meant as they are a pair of cunts, well Drone is, Karen isnt that bad.
Fuck off, I put smiley faces and shit like that

;-)

karen7 said:
BlueTG said:

Reverse whoosh i think you'll find BlueTG. They both knew exactly what you meant as they are a pair of cunts, well Drone is, Karen isnt that bad.

Nicest thing anyone has said to or rather about me all week ;)

I refuse to believe that, surely Jim has been flirting with you as usual ;-)

karen7 said:
BlueTG said:

Reverse whoosh i think you'll find BlueTG. They both knew exactly what you meant as they are a pair of c**ts, well Drone is, Karen isnt that bad.

Hahahaha oh dear, I'm well off form here.

karen7 said:

I refuse to believe that, surely Jim has been flirting with you as usual ;-)

I'm not in flirty mood for some strange reason ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.