New City fan: what should I know?

proudbear said:
Just remember to stay humble. As mentioned now, what makes us is the fact that weve been through it all. Every emotion.

It still makes me giddy realising the shirt Kun Aguero and David Silva wears is the same one Jamie Pollock was wearing 15+ years ago.

Just several sizes smaller

johnnytapia said:
Why Always Ste said:
johnnytapia said:
Fuck me, I've no doubt you're bang into your football (when the ice-hockey season's finished) but the fact you have to ask what you should know is symptomatic of the modern fan. You support the team where you're born and braised. If that means Edmonton Electrics, so be it. Nobody needs telling why to support a team. It's akin to me mithering you to guide me to a decent ice-speedway team. You'd rightly tell me to fuck off and follow my local outfit, local sport.

Sorry bud, if you have to ask, you'll never know.

Hmmm... the elite ice hockey league on this planet is The NHL, similar to our Football Premier League in terms of nationalities from all over the world coming to the leagues, clubs being very wealthy in comparison to leagues such as the British Ice Hockey Championship.

Now I enjoy ice hockey but do I go and watch Manchester Phoenix?
No, but I'll watch the odd NHL game now and again and consider NY Rangers to be a team I route for.

So I understand why people from the other side of the world will follow the Premiership as it's one if not The elite football league.

We're just lucky to be local and live in Manc.

No, we support our local team. No luck involved. As for watching NHL/NHS/CBeebies or whatever is on offer, I don't get it - why would you be remotely arsed in anything other than your local outfit. A City fan from Canada, or a United fan from Salford? I'm confident I'd have more in common with the latter.

Lol you must shirley be on the wind-up.

As you should realise from being on here, there are many Blues who were born in Manchester but now live everywhere .

What if a kid was born to a Mancunian guy who emigrated to USA, and all the kid had drilled into it all it's life was Football and Manchester City?
Sure it might live thousands of miles away but all the child knows is MCFC.

what, it's supposed to support LA Galaxy now because some random bloke on the internet says so?

I would of agreed 50years ago but this world is so interconnected now with technology and transport advancements that we can go anywhere and be everywhere.

Oh and one of my pet hates is having Korean kimmy sat next to me in the stadium with his ipad taking pictures for 90mins.
it pisses me off and i don't like it but this is how this entertainment product has evolved.

Why Always Ste said:
johnnytapia said:
Why Always Ste said:
Hmmm... the elite ice hockey league on this planet is The NHL, similar to our Football Premier League in terms of nationalities from all over the world coming to the leagues, clubs being very wealthy in comparison to leagues such as the British Ice Hockey Championship.

Now I enjoy ice hockey but do I go and watch Manchester Phoenix?
No, but I'll watch the odd NHL game now and again and consider NY Rangers to be a team I route for.

So I understand why people from the other side of the world will follow the Premiership as it's one if not The elite football league.

We're just lucky to be local and live in Manc.

No, we support our local team. No luck involved. As for watching NHL/NHS/CBeebies or whatever is on offer, I don't get it - why would you be remotely arsed in anything other than your local outfit. A City fan from Canada, or a United fan from Salford? I'm confident I'd have more in common with the latter.

Lol you must shirley be on the wind-up.

As you should realise from being on here, there are many Blues who were born in Manchester but now live everywhere .

What if a kid was born to a Mancunian guy who emigrated to USA, and all the kid had drilled into it all it's life was Football and Manchester City?
Sure it might live thousands of miles away but all the child knows is MCFC.

what, it's supposed to support LA Galaxy now because some random bloke on the internet says so?

I would of agreed 50years ago but this world is so interconnected now with technology and transport advancements that we can go anywhere and be everywhere.

Oh and one of my pet hates is having Korean kimmy sat next to me in the stadium with his ipad taking pictures for 90mins.
it pisses me off and i don't like it but this is how this entertainment product has evolved.

No, it's how the English game has developed. Check out the Bundesliga -rammed, every week with locals. I get the kid born thousands of miles away, drilled by dad or granddad - I get that totally. But this was some guy from Canada with a link to Manchester, not City, who has decided United are shite, City are the bollocks. All well and good, but if you have to ask about what you should know, well...you'll never know, Ever.

Resurrection said:
So I've been hanging around here reading and throwing in some comments where I can, I've also watched the movie "Blue Moon Rising". As a new City supporter, what should I know?

Some background on me... I'm Canadian and (of course) love hockey. My grandparents on my Mothers side (Ukrainian) were displaced by WW2 and met in Manchester. It's there my Mom was born and just a few years later they sailed for Canada and a new life. So I feel an affinity for Manchester and couldn't see myself being a Reds fan (they seem like real spoiled brats to me). Now with our cable showing so many BPL matches I can actually choose a side and follow a club, which I think is far more fun than just following the league as a whole.

Oh and I also wonder too when they release the schedule each year for the Premiership, how many months in advance. I'm getting married next year and my fiancee has agreed to see a football match in Europe on our way to the honeymoon.

Don't worry about what you should know. Just enjoy/endure being a City fan and read up on the history if you choose to.

The only golden rule about being a fan of an English club is that you must never, ever change the club you support. This is totally unacceptable and anyone who does it is ridiculed by fans of all clubs.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Corky said:
Probably best if you watch a team less than 4000 miles away, one that you can go to on a regular basis. Normally people go to matches before they become fans.
We're definitely the friendliest fans around.
Fuck you ****

See you on the 11th?

mammutly said:
Corky said:
Probably best if you watch a team less than 4000 miles away, one that you can go to on a regular basis. Normally people go to matches before they become fans.

Watch this one. He's too "friendly"
Only to you, my friend.

dronefromsector7g said:
Corky said:
Fuck you ****

See you on the 11th?
50/50 mate.

I take it you are?

proudbear said:
Just remember to stay humble. As mentioned now, what makes us is the fact that weve been through it all. Every emotion.

It still makes me giddy realising the shirt Kun Aguero and David Silva wears is the same one Jamie Pollock was wearing 15+ years ago.

You mean we can't afford a new one for them???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.