New fans/tourists are embarrassing

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Unlike Hertsblue i dont really have an accent at all so I'm used to dodgy looks from people at games due to not having the correct Mancunian accent, i dont have a Manchester post code, i wasnt born in Manchester, I have never lived in Manchester... I am a tourist in the fine City of Manchester, i best remember not to take photos, buy anything in the shop or open my mouth, in fact maybe i should stop going now

It is totally irrelevent that i have over 5000 loyalty points and have had a season ticket for all but one of the last 20 years, to go to a home game costs me twice what it does the normal Mancunian due to the price of petrol... i am a lesser blue, not worthy of going, maybe after thousands of pounds and hours i should give up because i dont fit any of Liam's criteria, if only i knew i wasnt welcome earlier i could have saved all that time and money... shit i even buy my dad a programme every game, only tourists do that... maybe i should be burnt at the stake before a match for being such a heretic, i can only appolgise and say sorry...

My mates and i were thinking of going to the Stone Roses gig in Heaton Park... i take it as we arent Mancs we arent allowed to that either... maybe there should be borders or a big wall put up around the fine City to keep all the none Mancs out... we are lesser human beings after all...

....you only joined Bluemoon in 2008 as well. Just saying, like.....!

Basically it seems we are guilty of having a collective identity crisis, we've always been here...have the attendances fluctuated that wildly over last few years? To steal a quote from a currently relevant (though raggy) source 'It's not where you're from it's where you're at', sometimes as fans I think we struggle more with our new found status and all that brings than the media do.

(Oh and on the petrol tip, if anyone is anywhere near Harpenden or St Albans and fancies sharing the fuel cost I'm more than happy......55 bastard quid last night.....I am a boring bastard though and you will be forced to listen to my taste in music)

...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head![/quote]

Must have made a nice change to at least have something in it?

if the tickets were five quid a game you would barely get any tourists, mainly locals as in evidence with the hamburg game

angry_mob.png

Pathetic, I'm only stating what I feel...now I'm being accused of creating a 'criteria' and all that shit.

Putting words into my mouth...bunch of twats.

mcfcliam said:
angry_mob.png

Pathetic, I'm only stating what I feel...now I'm being accused of creating a 'criteria' and all that shit.

Putting words into my mouth...bunch of twats.
thats how I imagine TTT to look

next to Martin

They only come to the Champions League games in any sort of numbers.

Yes, they can be annoying (though the ones near me weren't except when the two Spanish lads blocked the row I'm in by taking a photo) but...

They showed up for an important game, whereas quite a number of our Premier League matchday fans couldn't be arsed so we should be grateful for that.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:33 pm --<br /><br />
adammck said:
Man city 4 Eva iz the best soccer club, tevez is god

Wiv God's grace u must complete buying of Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi so that we citizen can become champion of world. please listen to me Mancini, is serious. Up citizen!

[quote="BlueHerts]....you only joined Bluemoon in 2008 as well. Just saying, like.....!

Basically it seems we are guilty of having a collective identity crisis, we've always been here...have the attendances fluctuated that wildly over last few years? To steal a quote from a currently relevant (though raggy) source 'It's not where you're from it's where you're at', sometimes as fans I think we struggle more with our new found status and all that brings than the media do.

(Oh and on the petrol tip, if anyone is anywhere near Harpenden or St Albans and fancies sharing the fuel cost I'm more than happy......55 bastard quid last night.....I am a boring bastard though and you will be forced to listen to my taste in music)[/quote]

Yes it was 2008 but it was during Frank's time in charge, so not a full on glory fan unlike yourself with your 2009 joining, have a word with yourself and anyone who joined Bluemoon after the end of August 2008 ;-)

I am only stating what i feel when i say anyone who thinks they are more worthy of going to a game than anyone else is a bellwaft of the highest order

i understand what you mean as it used to annoy me ( as i take piss out of the scum for the exact same thing with tourists etc) but it doesn't bother me anymore as we will get new fans there is nothing we can do about it, the more the better.
Go to city , watch us win/draw/lose then go home, not that arsed where the next person to me is from or whatever.

When I went traveling I took in loads of different sporting events, visiting American football and baseball games. I didn't have a fucking clue about the players or what was going on but I enjoyed the spectacle and even bought some memorabilia. It is very blinkered and rather pathetic that people enjoying themselves taking pictures etc aren't welcome.

Certain people need to get over this superiority complex and stop being so bloody sensitive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.