New fans/tourists are embarrassing

I live in warrington and i am a blue. to some people that would make me a plastic manc. i dont see any difference in being from gorton, warrington, france or the bloody moon. If your a Blue your a Blue and we should welcome with open arms new members of the family.

someones got to pay for wayne bridge to have every weekend off.

OK, I might open myself up to a bit of abuse but here goes....

Done my time as a season ticket holder home away for years then a mixture of 2 kids and having to work shift patterns meant 'home and away' became a bit more ad-hoc, then the Pearce season finished me off, vowed that was it and couldn't justify spending all the money anymore. Sven comes in, re-invigorated I go to more games than ever but on a 'pay as you go' basis. End of that season work relocated me south just when it all goes off with the takeover, sign up to Bluemoon (because I miss the banter while I'm down here and finding out what's going on) but of course that means I'm a glory hunter as everyone who signs up after 2008 is a glory hunter....to make it worse use the name 'Blueherts' in the hope I can find local blues around here which I do (kudos Tueartsboots) but I have a southern username, damn me to hell. Now can't get to many games, when I'm north it's to see my kids primarily but this season (son older and interested now) it's possible for me to go more often and can time my visits to take advantage of both more often than not, not often enough to get a season ticket.
So long story short, I don't play the loyalty points game, I don't have a season ticket, I don't live in Manchester anymore and l definitely qualify as a daytripper (last night left work here at 3, got back home 2am), so I take a few pictures...I'm clearly 'on my own' as my mates are in another part of the ground and I get abuse for being a glory hunter and a tourist as I'm apparently in someone elses seat and wasn't there on Saturday. I wasn't at York or Mansfield either for the record but the way some people treat the club like somekind of closed shop is getting ridiculous, I probably don't go to as many games you do, I probably don't have the points you do but to make people in the ground feel unwelcome just seems faintly wrong to me, if the ground was full and people were getting turned away.....maybe but that isn't the case. Everyone wants the bigger ground and the atmosphere but to get that you have to get the people through the turnstiles, turning on other blues is hardly going to facilitate that and I still have my dulcet Droylsden lilt to at least placate people.

This isn't a rant at the OP by any stretch, just pissed off about last night and this seemed as good a place as any to vent my spleen. Cheers....

I don't mind them. They will fill all those "empty seats" that some go on about. The club is growing and this was bound to happen if we keep winning. We will also accumilate a lot of kids as new fans too because they like to be associated with success. One day we might have our 80k stadium. Hope im alive to see it as i'm approaching mid seventies now.

BlueHerts said:
OK, I might open myself up to a bit of abuse but here goes....

Done my time as a season ticket holder home away for years then a mixture of 2 kids and having to work shift patterns meant 'home and away' became a bit more ad-hoc, then the Pearce season finished me off, vowed that was it and couldn't justify spending all the money anymore. Sven comes in, re-invigorated I go to more games than ever but on a 'pay as you go' basis. End of that season work relocated me south just when it all goes off with the takeover, sign up to Bluemoon (because I miss the banter while I'm down here and finding out what's going on) but of course that means I'm a glory hunter as everyone who signs up after 2008 is a glory hunter....to make it worse use the name 'Blueherts' in the hope I can find local blues around here which I do (kudos Tueartsboots) but I have a southern username, damn me to hell. Now can't get to many games, when I'm north it's to see my kids primarily but this season (son older and interested now) it's possible for me to go more often and can time my visits to take advantage of both more often than not, not often enough to get a season ticket.
So long story short, I don't play the loyalty points game, I don't have a season ticket, I don't live in Manchester anymore and l definitely qualify as a daytripper (last night left work here at 3, got back home 2am), so I take a few pictures...I'm clearly 'on my own' as my mates are in another part of the ground and I get abuse for being a glory hunter and a tourist as I'm apparently in someone elses seat and wasn't there on Saturday. I wasn't at York or Mansfield either for the record but the way some people treat the club like somekind of closed shop is getting ridiculous, I probably don't go to as many games you do, I probably don't have the points you do but to make people in the ground feel unwelcome just seems faintly wrong to me, if the ground was full and people were getting turned away.....maybe but that isn't the case. Everyone wants the bigger ground and the atmosphere but to get that you have to get the people through the turnstiles, turning on other blues is hardly going to facilitate that and I still have my dulcet Droylsden lilt to at least placate people.

This isn't a rant at the OP by any stretch, just pissed off about last night and this seemed as good a place as any to vent my spleen. Cheers....

Good post.
You should post more often.

If you leave the new fans to do their own thing they're going to feel isolated and end up doing their own thing. Get them involved, take the time to explain chants and songs, if you do all you can to integrate them not only will they feel more welcomed they're more likely to attend again and you'll probably find that not only do they enjoy the game and atmosphere more but you will do to.

This may come as a surprise to you but songs usually start like that. Someone makes one up and then others join in!

For a 19yr old or whatever you are, you are one moaning fucker.

In your world you can only support City if you were born within the sound of the bells of St Kents!

mcfcliam said:
This isn't 'I'm a bigger blue than you' thread at all.

Why the fuck would you turn up to a ground and start singing your own song?!

how does any "city" song start?

I guess someone turns up and sings their own song and then others join in!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.