New fans/tourists are embarrassing

1_barry_conlon said:
This may come as a surprise to you but songs usually start like that. Someone makes one up and then others join in!

For a 19yr old or whatever you are, you are one moaning fucker.

In your world you can only support City if you were born within the sound of the bells of St Kents!

How the fuck is it moaning?!

I'm one of the most optimistic Blues you'll ever meet compared to some people I know.

What? A song in their own language?

one of the worst occasions was when Thaksin was in charge ................. we had about 50 or so Thai nationals sat near us ...... they had "clacker" things the annoying bastards ...... for 90 minutes they were at it "clacking" ....... they didn't have a scooby about the game and had been given freebie tickets .... but at least they stayed until the end ;P

Liam, you will either have to live with it or go support wythenshawe town or droylsden. That's not a dig at you pal, as we have met you will know that, but making sure others do too. I am inwardly a little bit happy, that we are attracting 'plastic' fans. FFS under pearce you couldn't give seats away..........

My view is, for every 'new' fan WE get, THEY are getting one less! With FFP and today's economic climate, bums on seats can only be a good thing. People who meet me for the first time think i am a glory hunter (for my fucked up accent) even though i have been blue since they chose me to be in the late eighties. As long as we are continually moving in the right direction, i do not give a fuck who else is there, as long as we are alll blue, that'll do for me.

Oh and btw, campaign to kill the cheese, and i will make badges and everyfink!

Thing is though, United are a prime example of what success and status brings, as are Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. If you want pure, local-bred fans to support a club you have to look in the lower leagues and also at smaller clubs. It's fair to say Crewe, Stockport, Chesterfield, Oldham etc won't have many tourists turning up on a matchday, nor will they have many non-local fans like perhaps a bigger club in a lower division may have. When we were in the 2nd and 3rd we had non-local fans, but they would have been true fans of the club, not these new ones Liam refers too. They are here because we are on the way to be a massively recognised club, or the word I hate - a brand. The more successful and recognised we get, the more tourists will flood to the club. Tourists = money and money = a self-sustaining club, which we will have to become in the end. Thing is with us, there will always be more local, die hard fans than there will tourists/new fans, so its the best of both worlds when you think of it because we have that fan base we have had for years and years, plus the increased revenue these new fans bring. I'm sure you can turn a blind-eye to some tourists having their photo took each game if it means they have just spent a few hundred quid in the shop and on the tickets in the first place.

lol @ starting a chant of their own. Thats funny.

But id forgive them they must be excited as hell and they are putting money into the club too :).

glen quagmire said:
Liam, you will either have to live with it or go support wythenshawe town or droylsden. That's not a dig at you pal, as we have met you will know that, but making sure others do too. I am inwardly a little bit happy, that we are attracting 'plastic' fans. FFS under pearce you couldn't give seats away..........

My view is, for every 'new' fan WE get, THEY are getting one less! With FFP and today's economic climate, bums on seats can only be a good thing. People who meet me for the first time think i am a glory hunter (for my fucked up accent) even though i have been blue since they chose me to be in the late eighties. As long as we are continually moving in the right direction, i do not give a fuck who else is there, as long as we are alll blue, that'll do for me.

Oh and btw, campaign to kill the cheese, and i will make badges and everyfink!

Fair enough but I don't give a fuck about 'taking fans' from United, or United for that matter.

Anyway, this isn't a moaning thread, I just don't feel why someone would turn up and spend all game taking photos...what's the point?

I wouldn't mind if they joined in with the songs and all that...the ones I saw didn't even cheer when we scored!

I get the impression they're not actually there to support City, just for personal gain or to add a ground to their visited list.

I stood in front row of south stand last night with my lad.

At one point i turned around and looked at the blues behind me.
For some reason they just felt like strangers.

Seemed to be a lot of studenty types, high % of "foreigners" and well to do people who looked like they were from Prestbury or somewhere similar.
Nothing against these types but just not typical city.

Times are changing and I still love the football, but I can't put my finger on it.... something has been lost somewhere recently.

geoff hammond said:
I stood in front row of south stand last night with my lad.

At one point i turned around and looked at the blues behind me.
For some reason they just felt like strangers.

Seemed to be a lot of studenty types, high % of "foreigners" and well to do people who looked like they were from Prestbury or somewhere similar.
Nothing against these types but just not typical city.

Times are changing and I still love the football, but I can't put my finger on it.... something has been lost somewhere recently.

Have you looked behind the sofa?

mcfcliam said:
1_barry_conlon said:
This may come as a surprise to you but songs usually start like that. Someone makes one up and then others join in!

For a 19yr old or whatever you are, you are one moaning fucker.

In your world you can only support City if you were born within the sound of the bells of St Kents!

How the fuck is it moaning?!

I'm one of the most optimistic Blues you'll ever meet compared to some people I know.

What? A song in their own language?

Where in your original post say they were foreign? You said tourist which can allude to anything. So which nationality were they Bellwhat?

By the way did you notice Bayern fans singing in English? Proof that singing foreign songs does work.

That's all i'm now saying on the matter as its like talking to a child,which in essence you really are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.