New fans/tourists are embarrassing

fbloke said:
danburge82 said:
The only thing I really have a problem with is the fact that the more "tourists" start turining up to our games the more the club will charge. It's an endless thing too. Ask any fans of any big clubs.

City have always been a working class supported club. As soon as away tickets reach £45-50 many can't afford it. Many can't even afford the extra games ontop of the SC's in the cups. The only thing "tourists" bring is over inflated ticket prices long term. Next thing I know I'll have to go halves on my £900 SC with my Dad and to to just 9 or 10 games a season because I can't afford it on my own. I wont be fucking happy!

So in short you are blaming fans you dont know (if the in fact exist) for something that hasn't yet happened (and the evidence so far suggests wont happen)?

And to make it worse the fact that we now support a team that lasts longer in cup competitions, offering more games to watch is also a bad thing?

Go get 'em tiger.
Evidence shows that City have already upped SC prices (although granted, only a little bit so far) and are even bribing fans to buy Loyalty Points just to keep up (which is plain fuckig wrong!). Evidence also shows that at other big clubs this has happened. And it has been evident that there are "tourists" at games, so they do exist.

You're second point about going further in cups being bad is just stupid.

danburge82 said:
fbloke said:
danburge82 said:
The only thing I really have a problem with is the fact that the more "tourists" start turining up to our games the more the club will charge. It's an endless thing too. Ask any fans of any big clubs.

City have always been a working class supported club. As soon as away tickets reach £45-50 many can't afford it. Many can't even afford the extra games ontop of the SC's in the cups. The only thing "tourists" bring is over inflated ticket prices long term. Next thing I know I'll have to go halves on my £900 SC with my Dad and to to just 9 or 10 games a season because I can't afford it on my own. I wont be fucking happy!

So in short you are blaming fans you dont know (if the in fact exist) for something that hasn't yet happened (and the evidence so far suggests wont happen)?

And to make it worse the fact that we now support a team that lasts longer in cup competitions, offering more games to watch is also a bad thing?

Go get 'em tiger.
Evidence shows that City have already upped SC prices (although granted, only a little bit so far) and are even bribing fans to buy Loyalty Points just to keep up (which is plain fuckig wrong!). Evidence also shows that at other big clubs this has happened.

Evidence suggests that City are not other clubs and the current owner(s) are not like other owners.

The loyalty points thing is a bump in the road compared to the problems other clubs fans have to put up with (like having to join cup schemes).

Evidence tells me that £25 for an adult (on the night prices as well I think) to watch a group stage CL match is far from extortionate.

Evidence suggested last year that a Europa League match at £15 and a fiver for a junior put City slap bang in the affordability of even the less well off fans, i.e. the working class fan.

What is also clear is that in the previous 30 seasons we, the good old, loyal local City fans © MCFCLiam 2011, got exactly what we paid for.

Now we are getting something far beyond the price on the ticket.

A bit like watching Jason Manford for the cost of a Bernard Manning ticket (See Jason I can be nice).

Which is all great. But as I say, in the future if ticket prices start getting stupid I wont be happy. And they definitely will increase. There's nowt up with me feeling like that.

danburge82 said:
Which is all great. But as I say, in the future if ticket prices start getting stupid I wont be happy. And they definitely will increase. There's nowt up with me feeling like that.
Well ofcourse they will increase. So will the cost of bread, mile, petrol, hookers and beer.

You have no definitive knowledge of by how much though.

SWP's back said:
danburge82 said:
Well ofcourse they will increase. So will the cost of bread, mile, petrol, hookers and beer.

Dont tell me the mile is going up again?

I remember when it was only 578yds. Fucking inflation is a right woman;-)

SWP's back said:
danburge82 said:

in that case he's best giving up his seasoncard now as he ain't going to be happy with price rises, and at the mo inflation is approx 5%

1_barry_conlon said:
SWP's back said:
danburge82 said:

Dont tell me the mile is going up again?

I remember when it was only 578yds. Fucking inflation is a right woman;-)

lol

I saw a libyan on the news last night, he'd just spent the day fighting and hunting for gadaffi , guess what he was wearing; the black and yellow city away shirt from a couple of seasons back. If he wants to come and watch city as a tourist i'll happily buy him his ticket!

Welcome these tourists, they may not remember what it was like when we were shit, but they recognise a team that is going places and to keep it up once FFP kicks in we'll need em.

Do people expect to pay same price to watch silva, aguero, balo etc as they would to watch samaras, vassell, sibierski etc , season tickets fairly ever stay static regardless tourists showing up.

hello guys, greeting from indonesia!

Im Herru, i know its kinda weird name for some of you but well..

i've been supporting City since 2006. I remember i cant find a single person who support City here but me. I remember i hardly had football conversation with most of my friend here because they all supporting bigger club such as united, barca, juve, and blu blu. But i dont care, i keep following City even they were only mid table club.

But now, as some of you already know, as City get more and more success, many people from all around world "somehow" become City fan. Including here in Indonesia. Mostly from last year. Some fans clubs, websites, social networking clubs related to city "appear". I didnt ask each of them one by one but i believe most of them support City no longer than a year, and im afraid some of them support City because they thinks City will going to win many thropies (GH). But personally i dont have a problem with that, i cant complain anyone for supporting something that great like City for whatever reason.

But i dont want City fans become like rags, i dont want City fan do something embarassing to City.

And since most you guys live in Manchester, which is i think the most important City fans. I got some question for you about it :

1. What you think about foreign City fans?

2. As i said many City fan club appear here, some of them who come first- i think- get annoyed by others who come later, even one of them said "i have a friend that have a friend that have a friend that friend with Nigel de Jong, so my club is better" wich was f*ckin silly. And im afraid this supporters clubs thing will lead City fan here become tosser who think they can instanly become City fan by joining Supporters club without knowing about City itself and City fan whos in club is better than whos not.
So How important you think being in supporters club for City fans?

3. Just Like other supporters clubs here, City supporters clubs in indonesia held event watching the game together from big screen which i think is good. But sometime they do it with some of our rival supporters club, they call it watching the game together to make a good friendship with other supporters club, even with united supporters club, which i cant like it very much.
so what you guys think about that?

Your opinion will be so appreciated, and please be honest

CTWD!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.