New fans

BigTony said:
We've always took the piss out of the rags for this, now the exact same is happening to us.

Yeah, guess you noticed it when you were alway on Red Cafe - your true home. Go back and leave us in peace.

I am a 'new fan'. This will be my third season supporting the club. Before I chose city as my team I could not care about football as I was raised to love Rugby/Rugby League. Alot of my friends loved football and I could never escape their conversations about it so I decided to pick a team. My interest in the club and game steam rolled and here I am now completely obsessed!!!
I have to put up with people/rags calling me a glory hunter all the time and I dont care, but most City fans I have met abroad have been happy and suprised to meet an aussie blue!!
It is stupid though that some fans on here seem to think you need to be from Manchester to be a passionate supporter of the club, which I can assure you is not true at all... I cant wait to see a game at eastlands one day!!!
ctid

SpitefulMCFC said:
I am a 'new fan'. This will be my third season supporting the club. Before I chose city as my team I could not care about football as I was raised to love Rugby/Rugby League. Alot of my friends loved football and I could never escape their conversations about it so I decided to pick a team. My interest in the club and game steam rolled and here I am now completely obsessed!!!
I have to put up with people/rags calling me a glory hunter all the time and I dont care, but most City fans I have met abroad have been happy and suprised to meet an aussie blue!!
It is stupid though that some fans on here seem to think you need to be from Manchester to be a passionate supporter of the club, which I can assure you is not true at all... I cant wait to see a game at eastlands one day!!!
ctid

Don't be put off by the miserable few on here. Most of us embrace all support and it's great to hear from new fans from overseas.

Let 'em have fun! Its good - if you're ever in San Francisco (or probably loads of other cities soon) during the season you can find a pub full of blues to go and watch us in.

I don.t care if we get these new fans or not

I know why I support City and I went to every game in the third div home and away I support City because I'm born and Bred in Manchester and for me there was no other option.

that said I accept that people will jump on the bandwagon and the club probably needs that.

when push comes to shove I would take a new fan in his brand new City shirt over a rag any day

old fans like me have to accept that success brings new fans new fans push up prices and make getting tickets harder the alternative is watching city away at colchester at 6pm on a Saturday night !

BigTony said:
We've always took the piss out of the rags for this, now the exact same is happening to us.
Is it bollocks when we've got dozens of aeroplanes full coming over from Dublin of a weekend and more coach's coming up the M6 and M1 than go to away games i might agree with yer, i just don't see it in the near future Glory hunting takes years to cultivate and even then i won't be to bothered they'll only be taking up the few empty seats.

Not arsed where anyone is from if they are blues they are blues . Some of us have had the good fortune to be born and bred in Manchester and have had the character building experience of watching shit city teams for decades , witnessing a devastating number of false dawns, freak outs and fuck ups. If you missed all that tough shit and welcome aboard !! xx

i for one do not understand why we have a problem with new fans, it can only be good for the club, good luck to any new blues as long as we sing the same song whats the beef

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.