new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never completely understood why people care so much. It doesn't impact upon the players ability to play well. If you don't like them, don't buy them. There'll be 3 new ones next year. And the year after. And the year after. And the year after...

GeekinGav said:
erm .... (via twitter)

BrI_nbKCMAAtmyb.jpg:large

OMG! THAT NIKE BAG THAT THE SHIRT CAME IN HAS NO AIR HOLES!

SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW PEOPLE CAN LOOK THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR IN THE MORN.

ManCityX said:
jimharri, you seem to prefer the chavvy cheap sportswear look compared to the plainer smart one.

That Everton Umbro kit looks miles classier than that new City away shirt you like. That away shirt is absolutely 'angin'. Looks like the sort of clothing you'd see utter scrotes wearing.

The silver/grey training top I posted a page or two back fits that mould as well.

My style is more the 09/10 shirts. Last seasons home was a decent effort but the cheap shield meant I didn't make the buy and I won't be buying any again until it's gone.
Different strokes for different strokes. People seem to look at Umbro through rose coloured spectacles, possibly by comparing them to the Nike monstrosities. Of the three home shirts Umbro turned out for us in their second coming, only the first one (with the white round neck) was decent. I wasn't that gone on the 2011 shirt (the Stoke cup final one) or the title winning shirt with the check detail around the neck and the dots down the side of the torso. The away kits were far better, in my opinion. The sash one was brilliant, as was the black one with the yellow band around the shoulder area. That mock up (?) of a possible away kit for next season, while not in the same league as the Umbro away ones, is better than than that proposed home one. It's only an opinion, that's all. No need to get ''shirty''!

Tricky_Trev said:
Never completely understood why people care so much. It doesn't impact upon the players ability to play well. If you don't like them, don't buy them. There'll be 3 new ones next year. And the year after. And the year after. And the year after...
I don't buy football shirts so Im not that bothered it just pisses me off people are actually get paid huge sums of money for designing these dreadful kits!

Someone hit the nail in the head when they said it looked like 90's scouse uniform.

The sort of thing you'd see in the bargain bin at Soccer Locker.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I don't buy football shirts so Im not that bothered it just pisses me off people are actually get paid huge sums of money for designing these dreadful kits!

The graphic designer who designed the Nike Logo got $35 dollars for her effort. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_Davidson)

Don't assume modern designers get paid handsomly. Granted they get a good wage, but it is nothing compared to what the crooks at the top get and put in brown envelopes to make sure the company products are seen around the world at key events.

dobobobo said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Tricky_Trev said:

The graphic designer who designed the Nike Logo got $35 dollars for her effort. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_Davidson)

Don't assume modern designers get paid handsomly. Granted they get a good wage, but it is nothing compared to what the crooks at the top get and put in brown envelopes to make sure the company products are seen around the world at key events.

think its more of a factor than it costs about a £3 to make a shirt, the person that makes it gets about £30 a month for making thousands of shirts and Nike charge £60-£90 for a shirt to prey on fan loyalty.

designers themselves average salary for a designers. Nike are so "cost effective" that they have a range of designs that they continuously rotate around clubs. I haven't seen an original kit design from Nike for the last 6 years.

dobobobo said:
GeekinGav said:
erm .... (via twitter)

BrI_nbKCMAAtmyb.jpg:large

OMG! THAT NIKE BAG THAT THE SHIRT CAME IN HAS NO AIR HOLES!

SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW PEOPLE CAN LOOK THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR IN THE MORN.

That's so you can be sick in it after seeing that travesty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.