new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:
Once again have you spoken to almost everybody or is your snap shot Bluemoan

What a strange comment. Surely you appreciate it's possible to gauge a general consensus without speaking to absolutely everybody individually?

Who is almost everybody MCFC support in general or a few gobby people on the internet. Most people get it you don't like the kit. You want the club to listen to the fans I think they gauge the disquiet on how many people buy it, and once again this years kit will be worn by the majority who wear a kit to the game

It's got nothing to do with sales. I don't wear football kits, I don't really have much of an opinion about whether it's "nice" or not, I'm not really interested in that.

I'm interested in the identity of the club. To me and thousands of others, the identity of Manchester City is blue and white. For the club / Nike to change that identity without consulting the fans is wrong in my view.

The same as Cardiff fans who didn't want to change from blue to red, would you suggest to them the club will decide what's best based on sales?

The people I know, the people I've spoken to, and the vast majority of posts on here are in favour of white remaining part of our identity.

A few "gobby posters on the internet" such as yourself seemingly don't give a toss what colour we play in, as long as it sells well. I respect that opinion too, but I still believe when the club makes a decision that concerns the identity of the club, whether it be a change of badge, kit colour, name, whatever, they should consult the supporters. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:
What a strange comment. Surely you appreciate it's possible to gauge a general consensus without speaking to absolutely everybody individually?

Who is almost everybody MCFC support in general or a few gobby people on the internet. Most people get it you don't like the kit. You want the club to listen to the fans I think they gauge the disquiet on how many people buy it, and once again this years kit will be worn by the majority who wear a kit to the game

It's got nothing to do with sales. I don't wear football kits, I don't really have much of an opinion about whether it's "nice" or not, I'm not really interested in that.

I'm interested in the identity of the club. To me and thousands of others, the identity of Manchester City is blue and white. For the club / Nike to change that identity without consulting the fans is wrong in my view.

The same as Cardiff fans who didn't want to change from blue to red, would you suggest to them the club will decide what's best based on sales?

The people I know, the people I've spoken to, and the vast majority of posts on here are in favour of white remaining part of our identity.

A few "gobby posters on the internet" such as yourself seemingly don't give a toss what colour we play in, as long as it sells well. I respect that opinion too, but I still believe when the club makes a decision that concerns the identity of the club, whether it be a change of badge, kit colour, name, whatever, they should consult the supporters. I don't think that's unreasonable.

In reality they own the club I suggest they can do what they want with it without consulting anybody. I have supported City long enough to know we play in sky blue. I have seen white trim black trim navy blue trim white shorts blue shorts white socks navy socks hooped socks socks with maroon in them. In all the years we have played in vary shades of blue.

I actually do give a toss hat colour we play in. My preference is white shorts white socks, but I ain't going to get upset if we don't.

grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:

In reality they own the club I suggest they can do what they want with it without consulting anybody. I have supported City long enough to know we play in sky blue. I have seen white trim black trim navy blue trim white shorts blue shorts white socks navy socks hooped socks socks with maroon in them. In all the years we have played in vary shades of blue.

I actually do give a toss hat colour we play in. My preference is white shorts white socks, but I ain't going to get upset if we don't.

Ok so you do give a toss, and you believe it is their club and "they can do what they want without consulting anybody."

If they wanted to change the colour of our home shirt to red, what would your reaction be?

Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:

Ok so you do give a toss, and you believe it is their club and "they can do what they want without consulting anybody."

If they wanted to change the colour of our home shirt to red, what would your reaction be?

Listening to the owners that is never going to happen so a pointless question

grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:

I've never heard them speak on the subject, but this is the same ball park for me. Not as bad, but same ball park.

Shaelumstash said:
grim up north said:
Shaelumstash said:

I've never heard them speak on the subject, but this is the same ball park for me. Not as bad, but same ball park.

Oh well

A lot of people on here have mentioned sponsor visibility as the reason why we have dark collars & cuffs... Now correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't we have the sponsor in dark lettering AND the white trims?!

IrelandSuperman said:
A lot of people on here have mentioned sponsor visibility as the reason why we have dark collars & cuffs... Now correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't we have the sponsor in dark lettering AND the white trims?!

we did last year.

basically cos 'Etihad Airways' is a thin, long logo, its not naturally dominant on a shirt, so needs help to stand out for the sponsors liking. so a white one can get lost depends on a particular shade of blue. if it was a fat, squared logo, it wouldnt necessarily need help.

Retro_Wolf said:
Manchester City 2014-15

FprvnpO.png

Am I the only one here that doesn't mind the home kit but thinks the away kit is dreadful?

No you're not. I prefer white trim but understand we won't get it every year. Just like the rags go back and forth between black and white trim it just is what it is. So this, even with black trim is a pretty decent effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.