new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightmare Walking said:
The away kit is horrible. I quite like the home top apart from the shield. As long as the home top always remains a lighter shade of blue then I am not bothered what colour the trim is. The colour of the trim just gives people who like to moan, a reason to moan.

I agree with this, but I just fucking hate the blue shorts.

Manchester City should be a light shade of blue shirt, white shorts & either sky blue with maroon trim or navy socks.

The shirt can have either white or navy trim as long as the main components of the kit stay the same as the above.

Ban-jani said:
Nightmare Walking said:
The away kit is horrible. I quite like the home top apart from the shield. As long as the home top always remains a lighter shade of blue then I am not bothered what colour the trim is. The colour of the trim just gives people who like to moan, a reason to moan.

I agree with this, but I just fucking hate the blue shorts.

Manchester City should be a light shade of blue shirt, white shorts & either sky blue with maroon trim or navy socks.

The shirt can have either white or navy trim as long as the main components of the kit stay the same as the above.
if we had white shorts all the time people wouldn't buy them,so blue shorts will sell a few more,next year it will be white,year after blue and on it will go,nike are paying us good money (could be and will be better) they have the so called experts on design and marketability ,let them get on with it,if you don't like it don't buy it,but im pretty sure the next kit will be a bigger seller than the last one,we as a club are growing and fans from all over the world will buy it,as the "hardcore" I can see peoples point of view,but city imo have a hardcore of 45,000 and nike are more interested in the 100,000s and maybe millions of new fans.

jimharri said:
ManCityX said:
It's true that Umbro's last two home shirts weren't the best but the quality of the actual shirt always remained regardless.

Properly embroidered badge etc.
I'm probably the only person on here with this opinion, but I didn't mind Umbro's last kit for us. Apart from the black badge, obviously. Didn't mind the black trim too much actually, even though white would've been nicer. The white shorts and the blue socks with black turnovers looked presentable enough.

You're not the only one - I didn't mind that shirt at all. As you say, it looked good with the white shorts and blue socks/black turnovers. With the correct badge that would have been a great kit.

The UCL one that year was fantastic. Pity we didn't get to see it for long. Though if memory serves they did use it away against Villa and the Spammers.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
jimharri said:
ManCityX said:
It's true that Umbro's last two home shirts weren't the best but the quality of the actual shirt always remained regardless.

I'm probably the only person on here with this opinion, but I didn't mind Umbro's last kit for us. Apart from the black badge, obviously. Didn't mind the black trim too much actually, even though white would've been nicer. The white shorts and the blue socks with black turnovers looked presentable enough.

You're not the only one - I didn't mind that shirt at all. As you say, it looked good with the white shorts and blue socks/black turnovers. With the correct badge that would have been a great kit.

The UCL one that year was fantastic. Pity we didn't get to see it for long. Though if memory serves they did use it away against Villa and the Spammers.

And there you have exactly what I've been saying - the new shirt is fine with navy trim as long as you have white shorts, just like the black trimmed Umbro kit. That said that Umbro shirt and this seasons offering both look a million times better with white trim!

It's more of the quality and price attached to it when it came to last years kits. They looked good. The shield I've gotten use to it but I just couldn't get past the quality and feel of the actual shirt.

The previous set of Umbro strips were great quality, granted there were a few questionable parts of certain kits, the black badge, that horrible blue n white piece of cloth attached to the title winning shirt, the blue shorts of the same kit but they then made superb kits, the full set of the first year, the FA cup home winning kit, the champions league kit that we actually didn't see much of, that would have continued for the planned 7 more years but as with everyone Umbro they automatically went over to Nike.

If the quality is improved in next seasons shirts I might get the home kit. If not then I won't.

jimharri said:
ManCityX said:

I actually thought all 3 kits that year were the best collection. Even think the third kit that season was one of my favorites of all time even though we played like crap in them.

But I also liked the basic designs/colors from our first collection with Nike. Just didn't think they had the nice touches that Umbro usually did.

At the end of the day I don't have to wear them to my job like the players do so I just hope they like them (imagine at this point most of them care way less than the fans do though TBH).

Tell The King said:
Sky blue and Navy blue. I see it's fitting in the 'City Football Group' brand colours as best as possible then...

I assume City Football Group's colours will still be sky blue, navy blues and white but each team will use one of these colours to be their identity in some way. Melbourne City's kits are real good!

10487333_10152227118642479_7170093012800990321_n.png

Gobson said:
Tell The King said:
Sky blue and Navy blue. I see it's fitting in the 'City Football Group' brand colours as best as possible then...

I assume City Football Group's colours will still be sky blue, navy blues and white but each team will use one of these colours to be their identity in some way. Melbourne City's kits are real good!

10487333_10152227118642479_7170093012800990321_n.png
Red and white stripes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.