new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
FanchesterCity said:
jimharri said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Fucking fuming if that's true about blue shorts. Sky blue shirt with sky blue shorts is not our kit. >:(
cityprofile.jpeg

Loved that kit!

This was my first top, then the following year, got the full 'double diamond' kit (jazzier diamonds down the side). Loved this kit too. It's a bit garish now, but back then, this was the kit to have! (Everton's was very similar just in royal blue if I remember correctly, and I even think Scotlands was similar)

I also loved this kit. The diamonds were ace. Remember wearing it on boxing day one year when we had the annual family footy match down at the "rec". There was a notts forest kit, a tottenham kit and me wearing this all blue umbro stunner. I felt a million dollars.

FanchesterCity said:
jimharri said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Fucking fuming if that's true about blue shorts. Sky blue shirt with sky blue shorts is not our kit. >:(
cityprofile.jpeg

Loved that kit!

This was my first top, then the following year, got the full 'double diamond' kit (jazzier diamonds down the side). Loved this kit too. It's a bit garish now, but back then, this was the kit to have! (Everton's was very similar just in royal blue if I remember correctly, and I even think Scotlands was similar)
MANCHESTER-CITY-SHIRT-1981-FA-CUP-FINAL-SHIRT.jpg

jimharri said:
FanchesterCity said:
jimharri said:
cityprofile.jpeg

Loved that kit!

Lovely! as was the white away kit too. I think my home hit was long sleeved, but not sure.
I don't remember the collar being quite like that though. Perhaps there was a second iteration the season after THAT. It's all a bit of a haze now!

dario2739 said:
FanchesterCity said:
puma-uruguay-confed-home-kit-collar.jpg

Uruguay's former kit is quite appealing too (imo).

Of course, taste is a subjective thing, but there's something classy about minimalist designs. Sleek and professional over loud and garish wins my vote every time.

That said, I did take a fancy to Villa's fluorescent lime green away kit from a couple of seasons ago (similar to our training kit colour around the same time)!

That lace-up effect is fucking shite!

Change that effect to a blue and white scarf and I am in.

You see some of the amazing kits Nike produce for other teams then you look at the shite they serve us with. It's like they have their work experience kids do our kits. Really hope the one on the carpet it a fake.

RandomJ said:
You see some of the amazing kits Nike produce for other teams then you look at the shite they serve us with. It's like they have their work experience kids do our kits. Really hope the one on the carpet it a fake.

Either that or it's a rag that's head of design. Our wonderful club deserves a stunning kit for once. We've already seen on here its not they hard to do.

SebastianBlue said:
jimharri said:
IrelandSuperman said:
cityprofile.jpeg

Loved that kit!

It also seems to be the design trend as of late to go for all one colour, for better or worse. Adidas has done it with Germany and Spain (I hate it but I no longer have any direct creative input after the Euro 2004 fiasco) and Nike (Umbro) has done it with England and Portugal.

It is not something I like very much, as it homogenises the design and colour palates, but the clubs/national federations don't seem to care.
FIFA asked all the FAs to go with single colour kits for this World Cup. A few ignored the request but most have complied.

Dubai Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
jimharri said:
cityprofile.jpeg

Loved that kit!

It also seems to be the design trend as of late to go for all one colour, for better or worse. Adidas has done it with Germany and Spain (I hate it but I no longer have any direct creative input after the Euro 2004 fiasco) and Nike (Umbro) has done it with England and Portugal.

It is not something I like very much, as it homogenises the design and colour palates, but the clubs/national federations don't seem to care.
FIFA asked all the FAs to go with single colour kits for this World Cup. A few ignored the request but most have complied.

I wasn't aware. What was the rational for the request? Higher contrast? Less creativity, as that leads to fornication?

sam-caddick said:
Second Skin said:
Mate of mine just posted this on Facebook:

7y3ypape.jpg

not bad that, it looks better than that rubbish that was on the carpet.

not liking the shield though, nike need to scrap that.

yeah .... really hating the shield if we having it a second season, but the material design reminds of the 90's Umbro range when then had the big diamonds on the shoulders of the training gear.

FanchesterCity said:
jimharri said:
FanchesterCity said:

Lovely! as was the white away kit too. I think my home hit was long sleeved, but not sure.
I don't remember the collar being quite like that though. Perhaps there was a second iteration the season after THAT. It's all a bit of a haze now!
The first incarnation of the second ''diamond'' kit was identical to the one in the Mike Doyle pic (apart from the diamond trim, obviously!), with the same collar style. That would have been around 1979/1080-ish. The smaller pic I posted was of the 1981 cup final shirt, with the open 'v' detail on the collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.