new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
niall'sdiscoshorts said:
Juan King said:
goatinho said:
my lads has started peeling off aswell!

The badges are shit. I bought my kids the kit when it came out but only got them printed at the Stoke game. The PL badges started coming off after they had worn them for a couple of days.

get some wonderweb fella and place under the badge, place a damp tea towel over and iron.

job should be a good un, Btw if they did it right first time this top tip would not be needed.

Cheers, I'll give it a go.

Agreed, the bages shouldn't start peeling after a few days!

Was in uk a couple of weeks back and bought my kids the shirt.

Got back to canada. Kids were very excited, put them on straight away and went out to play football.

Within literally 90 seconds one of the shirts snagged on the grass and has a big pull in the mid section and my boy was gutted. I hope they start polishing the grass in the prem, as our FFP compliance might be under threat from the amount of replacement shirts the teams will get through.

markblue said:
adam_rushmer said:
I've just received my away shirt (a Jersey777 special).
Took a few weeks but can't knock the quality at all. Feels much better than last year's genuine 3rd shirt I have.

I read that you need to up-size when ordering the thai quality/ player versions; however this isn't really the case.
Will probably order another one in a small if anyone wants to take this medium off me for what i paid? (£17)

Can post pics/measurements if necessary.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.jersey777.info/Products/Player-Version-Manchester-City-14%2F15-Away-Dark-Blue-Soccer-Jersey-Embroidery-Logo-Football-Shirt-with-little-Holes-p12060.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.jersey777.info/Products/Play ... 12060.html</a>

interesting to know. clicking that link, at the bottom of the page is a sizing chart, does your shirt measure the same as they claim?

those sizes quoted look like a size down on the Umbro shirts sizes, i.e. the Jersey777 for size small measures the same as an Umbro size medium? maybe makes sense, Umbro always seemed a bit small/fitted

My medium was 52cm across the chest (about a 40") so pretty much bang on what they claim on the website.

Juan King said:
goatinho said:
BatBlue said:
This happened to my gold sleeve badges both on this years shirt and on last years shirt, and I only had the gold badges put on last years after we won the league.
my lads has started peeling off aswell!

The badges are shit. I bought my kids the kit when it came out but only got them printed at the Stoke game. The PL badges started coming off after they had worn them for a couple of days.

Happened to my player edition shirt too. Had them reprinted since, but don't hold hope of them staying on very long. Gold badges are notorious for coming off easily but It's the new material of the shirt that makes them difficult to stay on. Expect the majority of badges to peel before the end of the season.

For around 2 mins the official website had a pic of Silva wearing the recently leaked purple kit, saying something about reserve now cup away kit, and when you clicked on it it just went to Paddy Power .com! Now its been taken down...

01MANC said:
Was in uk a couple of weeks back and bought my kids the shirt.

Got back to canada. Kids were very excited, put them on straight away and went out to play football.

Within literally 90 seconds one of the shirts snagged on the grass and has a big pull in the mid section and my boy was gutted. I hope they start polishing the grass in the prem, as our FFP compliance might be under threat from the amount of replacement shirts the teams will get through.

Oh hey there fellow City fan in YYC

adam_rushmer said:
markblue said:
adam_rushmer said:
I've just received my away shirt (a Jersey777 special).
Took a few weeks but can't knock the quality at all. Feels much better than last year's genuine 3rd shirt I have.

I read that you need to up-size when ordering the thai quality/ player versions; however this isn't really the case.
Will probably order another one in a small if anyone wants to take this medium off me for what i paid? (£17)

Can post pics/measurements if necessary.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.jersey777.info/Products/Player-Version-Manchester-City-14%2F15-Away-Dark-Blue-Soccer-Jersey-Embroidery-Logo-Football-Shirt-with-little-Holes-p12060.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.jersey777.info/Products/Play ... 12060.html</a>

interesting to know. clicking that link, at the bottom of the page is a sizing chart, does your shirt measure the same as they claim?

those sizes quoted look like a size down on the Umbro shirts sizes, i.e. the Jersey777 for size small measures the same as an Umbro size medium? maybe makes sense, Umbro always seemed a bit small/fitted

My medium was 52cm across the chest (about a 40") so pretty much bang on what they claim on the website.

thanks, i ll get one ordered then

I know that i am going to come across as abit of a dick here, but oh well.
Do people enjoy watching the team currently put out that has cost millions?
We are all ment to do our bit to help finance this team.
Tickets, beers, pies and SHIRTS.
So why do so many people promote where they are buying their fake shirts from?
You might think your £55 might not matter but it all adds up.
Or which could be the case, am i missing something? Do city not recieve £ from the sales of these shirts or from nike who make the shirts?

mannion18 said:
I know that i am going to come across as abit of a dick here, but oh well.
Do people enjoy watching the team currently put out that has cost millions?
We are all ment to do our bit to help finance this team.
Tickets, beers, pies and SHIRTS.
So why do so many people promote where they are buying their fake shirts from?
You might think your £55 might not matter but it all adds up.

Or which could be the case, am i missing something? Do city not recieve £ from the sales of these shirts or from nike who make the shirts?
To be fair, you have a point. However;
A. Some folks simply can't afford the cost of a genuine replica shirt. If a father has a couple of young kids (who wouldn't be old enough to appreciate that they are wearing fakes) and they want this year's shirt, what is he to do? And

B. In these megabucks days, they (yep; them again) reckon that even ticket revenue forms a small percentage of a top 4 club's overall income. Take City, for instance. For your average home game, we'll average around 45k at an average ticket price of, what, £40-50? That would amount to £1.8m - £2.5m. How many lost shirt sales would that equate to (not sure what cut the club gets from each £55 shirt; a tenner, maybe?). That's between 180 -225k potential replica shirts out there; highly unlikely. Sponsorship, corporate hospitality, TV rights, CL prize money and yes, to a small degree, merchandising all make up the vast bulk of a club like City's revenue. Let's just say, I don't think it's all about to go tits up due to those replica shirts floating around!

The shirts look miles better with no printing or badges on anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.