New phone upgrade

I've always used iPhones, and currently looking to upgrade from the 6+. Key features for me are:

- storage for audiobooks and to some extent music, though streaming of Spotify makes this less important
- speed
- a stylus for note taking
- large screen size

Less important:

- camera. Not fussed about these to be honest
- gaming I don't really do

I'll probably keep my next phone for five years and don't mind paying more now in consequence, so price isn't a limiting factor.

My thoughts are to get the best new iPhone 11 when it arrives in September, plus the Apple stylus, or switch to Android. If I go for Android, it would probably be the Samsung Note 10, due out in August. But I've also looked at the OnePlus 7.

Any recommendations please Bluemooners? Would I be able to install my lifetime subscribed Tapatalk on an Android phone, or would I have to purchase this (and other apps) again?

I know there is a phone thread, but couldn't find it.

Looking for a new phone as my contract with EE expires soon. Have been with EE over 10 years, and last time I found a better deal for what I wanted with another provider, they matched it.

So, my choices would be between iphone and Samsung.
My last 3 phones have been iphones and never had a Samsung. Reluctant to get something less popular/well known in case there are issues like with Huawei

I am not too interested in having the very latest phone, but something released within 12-18 months as I do not see myself spending more than £40/month.

The phone must be reliable, have good battery life, easy to use, and other basics like it must be able to withstand a few drops and splashes of rain. It must fit easily in my pocket. Not a big user of apps or music.

Having used only iphones, would it be easy to transition to a Samsung?

Buy a Android phone between £100/£175 and look for a sim only deal to what data minutes and text you want. Cheaper in the long run.

My missus just got the Google Pixel 3a.

It's got a great camera and is a snip at £399. Got a free Chromebook in the deal too.

I recently got the Iphone SE @£26 P/M
unlimited minutes, texts, 5gb Data.
I think it’s the latest original size iphone if you don’t want a brick like the Mrs has.

What's the difference between SE and the 'higher' range iphone?

Got the IPhone XR from Sky, £34pm, 2gb data unlimited calls and texts. Great phone, I love the size, I used to drop my old iPhone a lot which eventually led to it being completely smashed. It’s a lot of money but use it for my business and can I read spreadsheets really easily on the go so well worth it for me.

What's the difference between SE and the 'higher' range iphone?
SE will soon be unsupported in software updates from Apple, my company was using them and had to swap them out for iPhone 8's for this reason.

I'd second whoever said Pixel 3a, camera is among the best out there for a price that's affordable and you are guaranteed to get all the Android patches and updates earlier than any other Android phone as it's Google.

Re the Huawei thing, they are actually one of the most popular and well known brands in the phone market, they were well on their way to overtake Samsung as the highest selling phone company.

Re the Huawei thing, they are actually one of the most popular and well known brands in the phone market, they were well on their way to overtake Samsung as the highest selling phone company.

Foul play between Samsung and US Govt to sideline them then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.