New phone upgrade

The issue with samsung is that they stop official updates, usually after about 2 years. So you have no longevity. You will have the best phone on the planet during that time frame if you go for their flagship. If you want android I'd go as close to stock as possible where updates are kept longer. So the latest and greatest from google or one plus. Mid range, Motorola.

Apple on the other hand, support their phones and they are super smooth generally speaking. They are dear, but when you buy from them you know you are getting 5 years out of it with no performance drop.

I am proper tech head so I have both platforms. My daily drive is the galaxy s10 plus, but I also have an iphone 7 plus purely for the ecosystem and that phone still works like a dream despite being 4 years old. It's getting ios13 as well before they pull support so I know I'll get another year now.

Yep my apple iphone 6 now in its 5th is now not being updated by apple plus for this phone Ive already changed the battery twice myself its very easy to do. Think the cheaper android option is a good move if you have or get a sim only deal.

I really don't know what people want from a phone these days?

I have an LG K8 (2017) on an 18 month contract (£14/month - 500 minutes, 5000 text and 1GB data) which does everything I need it to. I mostly use internet through wifi, so I don't burn massive amounts of data.

It runs Android. I use Chrome and Explorer as my browsers which work fine. It easily deals with Lightroom Creative Cloud (camera and RAW file editor with cross platform cloud storage), and other less system intensive apps such as Whatsapp, youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Google Doc's etc, work without issue, and it is also fine with streaming services.

Oh, and it also works as a phone and SMS device.

Screen is fine, and the sound through headphones is decent enough. Bluetooth and Wifi connect without issue, and I can also connect to my Laptop and TV.

Yep my apple iphone 6 now in its 5th is now not being updated by apple plus for this phone Ive already changed the battery twice myself its very easy to do. Think the cheaper android option is a good move if you have or get a sim only deal.

They may stop support, which is a shame even after 5 years, but I'd bet my mortgage you could continue to use the thing for another year or 2. Unheard of outside of apple. On a samsung it would die after 3 and they have some cheeky tricks if you believe the rumours, to make your phone stop working.

When apple release the 11 in a few months, the 8 plus will be a steal when its price drops a load.

They may stop support, which is a shame even after 5 years, but I'd bet my mortgage you could continue to use the thing for another year or 2. Unheard of outside of apple. On a samsung it would die after 3 and they have some cheeky tricks if you believe the rumours, to make your phone stop working.

When apple release the 11 in a few months, the 8 plus will be a steal when its price drops a load.

Oh yeah I’ll be using this as long as I can then get a another iphone the longevity of them pay of.

I upgraded to the Note 9 a few weeks ago. I couldn't be bothered waiting for the Note 10.

I love the big screen, speakers and especially the s-pen. The only problem I'll have in the future is probably never wanting to go back to a smaller phone and back to putting my grubby finger grease all over the screen again. I have a real issue with grease on the screen of smartphones. It drives me mad and I'm constantly wiping the grease off with a microfibre cloth.

I upgraded to the Note 9 a few weeks ago. I couldn't be bothered waiting for the Note 10.

I love the big screen, speakers and especially the s-pen. The only problem I'll have in the future is probably never wanting to go back to a smaller phone and back to putting my grubby finger grease all over the screen again. I have a real issue with grease on the screen of smartphones. It drives me mad and I'm constantly wiping the grease off with a microfibre cloth.
Stop eating chips with your fingers then!

Stop eating chips with your fingers then!

Haha.

I'm a fuckin freak. It's that bad that I used to have numerous cloths scattered about so I was never without one. One next to the couch, one in the kitchen, one next to the bed, one on my desk at work with a spare one in the drawer, one in my coat pocket, 2 in my bag... and so on.

This s-pen saves me a lot of fannying about with cloths, but even now, out of habit, I still wipe the screen and won't be without a cloth somewhere.

Current models dropping in price when the iPhone 11 comes out is a clever tactic. I’m due around November when my two year contract expires on an iPhone 7. I’ll upgrade to a bigger capacity and sell the current phone for £120 odd quid. Win win.

Just got one of these bad boys too. Had a new P30 Pro but panicked when the Huawei/Trump shite kicked off and sent it back. Still learning how to drive the Note but hardly use the pen

Just got one of these bad boys too. Had a new P30 Pro but panicked when the Huawei/Trump shite kicked off and sent it back. Still learning how to drive the Note but hardly use the pen

Nice mate! If you haven't already, it may be worth watching some hints and tricks videos on YouTube showing you what you can do with the s-pen.

I'm intrigued to see how much it's updated on the Note 10 but not intrigued enough to wait for its release and spend £1000+ on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.