New striker?

Assuming wages and signing on fee wasn't huge, I think it's a no brainer. He adds height we sorely miss, allows us to cover for injuries and is used to pressing football. If Aguero or Jesus gets another injury, our striking options are pretty thin.

I agree but still can't see us having 3 quality strikers for 1 position. I could only see us maybe getting in someone that wouldn't mind being on the bench behind Aguero and Jesus when they are fit. The problem is that a striker like that probably isn't one that would be any better than making do with what we already have.

Just trust Delap. Great goal against Wolves, so he's already proved he can score at this level. Give him a proper chance as our starting number 9. I think he's good enough, especially with the service he'll get. It worked for rag giving rashford and greenwood their opportunities. Seems daft to play a non-striker in that role just because they're older players. Delap at 17 deserves a run in the side in his best position.

Just trust Delap. Great goal against Wolves, so he's already proved he can score at this level. Give him a proper chance as our starting number 9. I think he's good enough, especially with the service he'll get. It worked for rag giving rashford and greenwood their opportunities. Seems daft to play a non-striker in that role just because they're older players. Delap at 17 deserves a run in the side in his best position.
He scored against Bournemouth, which was in the carabao cup. I’m all for Delap but Wolves in the league and Bournemouth in the cup are two different entities

He scored against Bournemouth, which was in the carabao cup. I’m all for Delap but Wolves in the league and Bournemouth in the cup are two different entities

My bad, I meant Bournemouth, hard to remember when we can't actually see any of the games at the moment! But I still stand by my point about Delap being good enough. I think he should start against Leicester, we don't need to buy a striker just to cover for three weeks.

My bad, I meant Bournemouth, hard to remember when we can't actually see any of the games at the moment! But I still stand by my point about Delap being good enough. I think he should start against Leicester, we don't need to buy a striker just to cover for three weeks.
I totally agree, he’ll have good enough players around him and his physical presence may help us in some of these tougher games as he’ll happily push back and not take shit. What is the worst that can happen? It’s not like false 9’s or wingers up top have been great for us

The only caveat I'd add to that is that he is only 17 and he looked shot at the end of the 90 minutes. You have to let him recover or he'll just end up another injured player.

I think we have to be careful with him due to him being just 17.

But we can certainly use him as a genuine option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.